“Lives up to the hype! Tasty, friendly - and good booze.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shed

The Shed
Ranked #25 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sonoma, California
“Lives up to the hype! Tasty, friendly - and good booze.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was the first place I ate when I arrived in Santa Fe. I was traveling alone, and I was able to sit at the bar around 11:45 AM. The place was already packed, and people were waiting to get tables for 2 or more. So get there early if you want your first pick of seats.

The bartender was extremely nice, and she was patience while we worked out a margarita I'd like (I'm not a big tequila fan!). I enjoyed up really enjoying - but, I was so tired from traveling I was unable to finish it all. It was delicious though.

I had a taco and enchilada with Christmas sauce (green and red). I like the red sauce better -it's smoother (not as chunky) and hotter! It was good though. I liked the enchilada OK, but, the chicken taco won me over.

The guests at the bar were a mix of locals and tourists, all friendly. The decor is quirky and colorful, what you'd expect out of Santa Fe. The staff is young and hip, and everyone was very friendly.

The Shed lives up to the hype! It was great.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Sarah S

• Turkish first
Salida, Co. USA
“You'll have to wait in line but it really is worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I can't tell you how often I've blown off a place 'cause they expect me to wait, especially if I see they're only trying to get you to their bar...but not here. This place is small, in a great location right down town, and did I say small ? The staff are all smiling, and now I'm wondering if its due to them being all the way down at something like #42 on this list of restaurants in Santa Fe, how can that be ?? How can there be places so much better ?? The higher end margarita's were more expensive that our dinners, NO, not like Maria's where you can actually get a Margarita for seventy five bucks, I talking a very handsome burrito for something like nine dollars ???
I know you'll enjoy this place so try it, I recommend going early, Salida1048

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Salida1048
Farmington, New Mexico
“Not for the faint of heart!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Shed is my favorite place in all of Santa Fe. The red Chile' is among the best I have ever had. I do not go to Santa Fe without trying to eat at the Shed.It is very spicy so be forewarned. My 12 year old daughter learned to enjoy red by eating here and now loves it as much as I do!/ It can be crazy during during season and on weekends so reservations are a good idea. The one quirk is that the the food is served with garlic bread. I recommend the Number 5. Get some Green Chile' stew for an appetizer and save room for desert.

3 Thank Dougnnm
Austin, Texas
“Love the Shed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Shed silver margaritas, authentic red chile and dinner served with posole and garlic bread. Everything keeps me coming back for more when I am passing through...except the wait times.

4 Thank Ben4475
Boulder, Colorado
“Worth a wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very busy eating spot right off the main plaza. Best to make reservations. The food is very good (not special) but the prices are right. Amazingly the garlic bread goes spectacularly well with the southwest dishes.

3 Thank bobbyg66