“Disapointment”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Although the service was fine, food was room temperature and just average cuisine, nothing special. Have had better mexican cuisine in Chicago.

2  Thank Cindy16Chicago
There are newer reviews for The Shed

Reviewed February 15, 2013

So many reviewers really like this place. Our experience there didn't support this trend.

Chips were stale, garlic bread cold, soup watery and bland, salad blah. The food wouldn't even qualify as decent cafeteria food. My wife said it was like throwing money out the window.

We won't be going back.

1  Thank racar22
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by several people as being one of the best places to get New Mexican flair food. We were warned not to go during a peak time since the wait can be very long. I admit, I went in with very high expectations due to all the praise everyone doled out about it; maybe that's why I was disappointed. We went during the lunch opening (around 2 pm) and had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. The service was quick, though not especially friendly or efficient - one of the plates we ordered was wrong, but the server didn't seem concerned about correcting the order. The food was good, but not outstanding; we both had the taco and enchilada plate with different meats - the posole was the best part. The margaritas seemed to be the hottest item, with the food being an afterthought.

2  Thank OkieGirl03
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Santa Fe for a causal meal. The atmosphere is relaxed with a festive bar area. They have several vegetarian options. On this visit I enjoyed the Green Chilie burrito. It was tasty and the portion was HUGE. I took half home with me. Good selection of margaritas which tend to be on the tart side--just the way I like them! One downside is that the place often is packed with long waits for a table.

1  Thank alliecat2842
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is an old favorite of locals and tourists alike. The food is consistently good and somewhat unique in its adaptation of regional favorites. Well worth a visit, especially if you're a fan of New Mexican cuisine.

2  Thank MarkWing