“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shed

The Shed
Ranked #25 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great food and atmosphere when visiting the Plaza. Quite often there is a wait because many of the tourists head for here.

Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Busy place / average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We ate outside on the patio, which was very nice (well-behaved dogs ok on the patio). The prices were slightly higher than average, and the food was average. Can't recall what we ordered, but we both thought that The Shed didn't live up to the hype.

(We like spicy food, so had no problem with the spice level.)

They're obviously doing quite well though -- very booked reservations-wise -- perhaps that's what gives the impression that their food is something special. OK for one meal / wouldn't seek it out again.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank rollngstone
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Good but not as good as I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would give this a 3 1/2 stars if I could. Based on reviews and the long wait, I had high expectations of this restaurant. It was good, just not as good as I thought it would be. Our server was OK. Not friendly, not rude, just OK. I got the feeling that they don't have to be friendly here because they have so much business anyway. The guacamole and salsa were good, as well as the enchilada covered with green chile sauce. I think they put way too much sauce on their food, it is kinda drowning in sauce. Maybe that is a Santa Fe thing and just not what I'm used to. The restaurant is in an old building near the Plaza. To get to our table we went through a few different rooms and had to duck our heads as we walked through the doorways. I'm not sure what that is all about. This place seems like it is so busy because all the tourists go there. If I go back to Santa Fe I don't think I would choose this restaurant again. It was good, but there are lots of other places to try. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had tried something more adventurous than enchiladas and tacos.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tdmcm48
San Antonio, Texas
“New Mexico's Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the first restaurant we visited in Santa Fe. The food was horrible: overpriced, overspiced, and overrated. Bitter tasting chile. Four dollars for chips and salsa (free at almost every other restaurant). We have eaten Mexican food in Florida, Texas, California, Mexico, even North Carolina, and never had such a bad dining experience. Stay away!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Mikial57
Richmond, Virginia
“No kidding, you think I can eat this spicy stuff?!?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

When my plate of veggie enchilada arrived, it was AWASH with a dark red sauce. Dipped my fork in it and tasted ... and sent the plate back. No possible way to eat that stuff if you're from Virginia and not used to hellishly hot food. Even my husband, who can tolerate spice, said it was "ridiculous."

Visited October 2012