“Good but not as good as I expected”
Review of The Shed

The Shed
Ranked #25 of 559 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Good but not as good as I expected”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would give this a 3 1/2 stars if I could. Based on reviews and the long wait, I had high expectations of this restaurant. It was good, just not as good as I thought it would be. Our server was OK. Not friendly, not rude, just OK. I got the feeling that they don't have to be friendly here because they have so much business anyway. The guacamole and salsa were good, as well as the enchilada covered with green chile sauce. I think they put way too much sauce on their food, it is kinda drowning in sauce. Maybe that is a Santa Fe thing and just not what I'm used to. The restaurant is in an old building near the Plaza. To get to our table we went through a few different rooms and had to duck our heads as we walked through the doorways. I'm not sure what that is all about. This place seems like it is so busy because all the tourists go there. If I go back to Santa Fe I don't think I would choose this restaurant again. It was good, but there are lots of other places to try. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had tried something more adventurous than enchiladas and tacos.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tdmcm48

• Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
“New Mexico's Worst”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was the first restaurant we visited in Santa Fe. The food was horrible: overpriced, overspiced, and overrated. Bitter tasting chile. Four dollars for chips and salsa (free at almost every other restaurant). We have eaten Mexican food in Florida, Texas, California, Mexico, even North Carolina, and never had such a bad dining experience. Stay away!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Mikial57
Richmond, Virginia
“No kidding, you think I can eat this spicy stuff?!?!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

When my plate of veggie enchilada arrived, it was AWASH with a dark red sauce. Dipped my fork in it and tasted ... and sent the plate back. No possible way to eat that stuff if you're from Virginia and not used to hellishly hot food. Even my husband, who can tolerate spice, said it was "ridiculous."

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Celeste P
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect start !”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The first restaurant of our trip! Perfect start. Great service, cute as can be and yummy traditional food. I recommend for lunch. Very casual.

2 Thank jgregoire
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Calorie-worthy Mexican!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food was great, with some unusual choices, like the slow-cooked pork. Pesole was excellent. And if you are alone and lucky enough, move inside the restaurant and wait for a stool at the bar. You'll avoid the usual long wait and maybe enjoy some pleasant conversation with another solo seatmate.

• Visited October 2012