“Not what I asked for” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Faxon
“Not what I asked for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I booked through Expedia & requested a non smoking room with truck parking. I got a smoking room with pickup parking not semi (truck) parking. I paid 45 + tax on expedia & the room rate was 39.99 + tax when I arrived. Of course we got to pay the higher price. Not a good experience. Won't return.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank kmusgrove82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sedona, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I checked into this hotel, tired, after a long drive and asked specifically for a non smoking quiet room in the back.Instead Brian, the desk clerk, placed me near the busy road, in a block of rooms that was jam packed and actually UNDER the stairway. It didnt reveal itself to be such a big problem until people went up and down it all night. The non smoking room they gave me had an ashtray and the sheets smelled like smoke so i slept on top of them. When I addressed these issues with Brian the next morning, he told me he had ignored my request for a quiet room because as a single woman he thought I would prefer to be safe and that room 118 was not under the stairway( see photo).

Room Tip: dont get 118 under the stairway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank filmdreamer
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Fe - Cerrillos Road South, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear filmdreamer,

We apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good: shower and water pressure; Generally clean (floor was a laminate, bathroom clean); quiet even though we were on the bottom floor
Needs work: water temperature was just hot enough (I like hot showers - this was just warm); limited TV options (MSNBC missing for example, and some channels were fuzzy); bedspread and pillow case on one bed (2 doubles in our room) not as cleaned/pressed as found in other Motel6 establishments (hair on pillow, bedspread appeared to have a gloss finish in a couple of spots (could have been a burn, stain, or...but hard to tell); bed rather hard; two double beds barely fit in room; low heat option didn't seem to work

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa G
Denver Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived mid afternoon on Sat, Aug 31, 2013. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and customer service exceptional. We've stayed at several Motel 6 in the past and for a budget motel this location was great for what we wanted. No hesitation staying there again....Delores at the check in desk was the best! Thank you for all the assistance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank SteveinColorado
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and I had to find a room in Sante Fe last minute due to some car problems, there was nothing available in "decent" hotels so we choose to take our chances at Motel 6. HUGE mistake, nearly checked out when we walked in the room, and we should have. Filthy dirty floors, beds, and pillows. The sheets had cigarette burns! The air had been turned off, the room was extremely hot, and it never cooled off. Saw 2 drug deals taking place, then was awaken at 3 by the police who were there to investigate a crime ~ someone threw a boulder thru the windshield of a car trying to break into it. My daughter and i may have gotten 2 hours of sleep On the horrible mattresses whose springs you could feel. I would sleep in my car before I "slept" in this hotel. again. I never write reviews but no one should stay in this flea bag, dangerous motel, ever!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Patti H
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I picked this hotel as it was one of the cheapest one in Santa Fe. It's a little bit too far away from the center. The room wasn't great - decoration was terrible. However the room was clean and ok for one night.
The Internet connection could have been a little faster.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Adrien P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Unless a lodging is offering a unique experience, we look for cleanliness and safety, comfortable beds, and a well working shower for overnight lodging on our adventure trip. This Motel 6 provided all that, plus the friendliest, most helpful reception staff we have seen in 3 weeks of traveling. Beyond tourist info, they guided us to the local Discount Tire dealer for needed service.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the one queen bed to your choice of a king or two double beds for a quieter location aw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple