New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

What an amazing little place!

My partner chose this hotel and what a gem she found, the staff are amazing and can’t do enough for you. We had the Cowgirl room, it was a good size for two people with everything we needed for our 3 night stay, breakfast was good all you need to start the day, it was also good to get travelling tips from the staff and locals over a bagel and coffee.

It is a little drive in to Santa Fe, we got the bus in one night and a taxi home after a few drinks at The Cowgirl BBQ which cost around $15.00, I would also recommend stopping in at Whole Foods supermarket on your way in to Santa Fe amazing place I wish we had them in the UK!

Keep up the good work guys, we have lots of happy memories from our stay with you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JamesJ32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Orange
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I chose this motel based on reviews I read. Most were very positive. The young man and woman at the front desk were lovely people; very helpful. The room, #14, was a bit of a disappointment however. Not as comfortable as I hoped; the lamp near the bed did not work. There were many ants in our bathroom. When I told the front desk, they said they would spray windex so the ammonia would act as a deterrent. When we came back from historic downtown, the problem was as bad or worse. We stayed the night, but left at 4.30 the next morning to get to Colorado and away from the ants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zuzanna Y
cowgirlup2, Front Office Manager at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Were sorry our vintage motel room didn't meet your expectations. As an original Route 66 Motel built in the 1950's most of our rooms were not built to today's size standards and perhaps comforts. Our rooms are frugal yet we have gone to great lengths to supply modern touches such as mini-fridges, microwaves, new beds and more. We also have some much larger rooms that were added to the motel. Ask for one of these next time. Also sometimes our ants can get out of control. We try to use environmentally sensitive products but sometimes they are not very effective. We do hope you'll try us again.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night based upon a recommendation from a friend. My wife typically prefers hotels to motels but i convinced her to give thos one a shot. We arrived to check in and Dawn, the manager, was extremely welcoming and helpful. She took time to answer all of our questions and helped us map out our evening in Santa Fe. We checked into our room and two things stuck out. 1. The bathroom was brand new with a Huge walk in shower. 2. The bed was one of the most comfortable that Ive ever experienced at a hotel/motel. The room was very clean and WiFi is provided as well as many cable channels on the flatscreen. Only complaint is that you can hear noise from your neighbor but thats to be expected at a motel. The value is phenomenal. I felt as if I needed to go pay Dawn extra money for our fantastic stay!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank acremeans11
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I read the reviews and then called to book a room still feeling a bit leery of whether or not the reviews were going to be trustworthy or not. I arrived on my motorcycle for two nights at the Silver Saddle and was immediately somewhat relieved to find that the little place looked very inviting and well kept outside. The rooms are basic, very clean which was the most important to me, the beds were more comfortable than ones I have slept in in much more expensive hotels. The staff was incredibly helpful, polite and truly friendly. They even let us park our bikes under the porch due to the rain. The lobby serves also as a cute and very comfortable shop and the continental breakfast is better than many I have been to. Be sure to enjoy the cool mornings sipping coffee in the back patio area. I'll definitely return to this motel on my next trips to Santa Fe. YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH FOR SURE!! Thanks to everyone for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rattle09
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Lovely helpful people, the lady there is an absolute font of knowledge about the local history, and has great suggestions of places to visit. The room is rustic and comfortable. For people who are looking for brand new amenities, this is not for you. If you like a place with personality, this is it. Breakfast was plentiful and on a sunny morning, there is a lovely outdoor garden where you can eat your breakfast.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Millieandme
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at the Silver Saddle Motel based upon the recommendation of my co-worker who travels to Santa Fe often. I'm pleased that I took his advice. Upon arriving, I was warmly greeted by Dawn, the owner. She was very helpful in suggesting restaurants for dinner and even called La Fonda to see what live musical act was playing that night. She also advised me on where to park my car downtown. She impressed me by going above and beyond.
Obviously, this motel is not the Ritz-Carlton. Go stay downtown if you want fancy pants accommodations. What the Silver Saddle Motel gives you is a great value for your money. The rooms are very clean, beds and pillows are comfy, coffee and a continental breakfast await you in the morning. I will definitely stay here again.
Thank you, Dawn, for your helpful advice and making me feel so welcomed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have bathtubs and others do not so choose accordingly to your preference.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sandrinabella
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this nice place for a night while on vacation in New Mexico. Having grown up in the west it reminded me of the little 50's/60's era Route 66 motels with the gravel parking lots and western/cowboy themes that are, unfortunately, almost all gone now. The rooms were small but clean. My room, with all of the cowboy (and cowgirl) touches brought back memories of my own bedroom as a very young buckaroo growing up in the deserts of Arizona and California.The location was good, and was right across the street from a GREAT New Mexican restaurant. The Internet was extremely poor, so, if that is something you need on the road, you might want to go somewhere else OR use their computer in the lobby, where the Internet connection was very good. I had a great nights sleep, which is tough sometimes on the road, and hit the Highway that morning quite refreshed. The free breakfast went way beyond the pale, which I appreciated very much. You can easily spend a lot more money in Santa Fe for a hell of a lot less than what you get at the Silver Saddle for a great price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo