“We Lucked Out!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This Chapelle Street B&B was a great find in a town I knew nothing about. The location is ultra convenient--we could easily walk to all the great sights and restaurants. Paul, the innkeeper was incredibly helpful and energetic. He is a guy who loves Santa Fe and want to see you fall in love with it too. He gave us tons of recommendations, tips and hints. I got the feeling that there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for us. For an extra $9 per person we enjoyed the most creative and gourmet breakfasts prepared by a lovely woman who was an artist and executive chef. We could never have eaten that well for the price on our own. We enjoyed the wood burning fireplace in the room which was spacious and tatefully decorated. The only discomfort was that the bedroom and bath were consistently colder than the rest of the apartment, but that is the reality of older homes. I would definitely return here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irideformom
casadeltoro, Owner at Chapelle Street Casitas, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Hello, I am the owner of the Chapelle Street Casitas and in the name of "truth in advertising" I think it's important that we tell you that Paul, who's name you will see in many of the following reviews, is no longer with us. I don't think this is the forum to reveal why, but we tried and tried to make things work with Paul but in the end, could not. He was a tremendous asset and was fanatic about customer service. Our new manager, Georgia, has been with us for two months and we are doing backflips happy!! She's a great cook, has a sharp wit, and the guests all love her. Soon we will be sharing some reviews from guests who have stayed with Paul and now Georgia.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Started off our vacation with 3 days (minimum stay!) at Casitas. It's very cozy, clean and fully equipped (not sparkling or modern, but just right). For 2 couples, you can't beat the price. Great little private yard; just right for a nice extended breakfast. Beds are very cozy; no problem sleeping. (The 2nd bedroom might feel a bit tight; but you're there only to sleep anyway).
Paul, the landlord, was very helpful in showing us "the ropes" about Santa Fe - great tips on dining and the sights. Do take the time to listen to him.

If we go back to Santa Fe, we'll certainly consider it again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was very pleased with my apartment for one. Price was a consideration as I travel on a tight budget. The apartment was perfect for my needs. I could walk anywhere in downtown Santa Fe because of its close proximity. The room was clean and neat. Paul was very helpful in recommending places to eat and see in Santa Fe. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff very helpful. I cannot say enough about my experience at Chapelle Casitas. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Deemarie60
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed in a Chapelle Street Casita on a recent trip to SF with my elderly mother. The location is ideal and the casita was clean and roomy. It was nice to be able to spread out more comfortably than in a hotel room. I've stayed in at least four hotels in SF over the years, including two luxury hotels: I will definitely choose a Chapelle Street Casita on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The Chapelle Street Casitas are located only a few blocks from everything you want to explore in Santa Fe, the Plaza, the Galleries, the Museums, and many fabulous restaurants. Paul, your host at the casitas, is very welcoming and will point you in the right direction for anywhere you want to explore. If you want a fabulous breakfast go no further than next door to Casa del Toro, which is associated with Chapelle St. Casitas, and Mariella will whip a gourmet delight which is different every morning!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeannineignatz
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed here in three different casitas for spring break. All three units were very clean, and had all the amenities we needed for a nice stay in Santa Fe! Being located near the plaza, made it easy to walk to the shops and many restaurants. I also have to say that Paul who runs the casita was one of the nicest people I have met. Great attitude and enthusiasm!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2010

As I tried to find a reasonably priced, pet friendly location within walking distance of the plaza in Santa Fe I searched the internet and made phone calls to ferret out any "special deals". I read every review posted here on TripAdvisor. Sometimes pet friendly and clean and reasonable and good location don't come together but they did at the Chapelle Casitas and my skeptical husband was won over with the addition of an absolutely wonderful and inventive breakfast. These places have character and a few warts... but so does Santa Fe. Paul and Janet could not be better better hosts. Paul in particular provided wonderful assistance and guidance; he is really an ambassador for his adopted city. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple