All reviews covered parking car port motor court fridge and coffee maker small fridge comfortable bed flat screen close to town street noise stay there again road trip carport motel plaza dresser furniture albuquerque
Reviewed February 27, 2012

When I arrived at the King's Rest Court the first thing that I noticed was the layout of the inn's rooms and parking. Each room had it's own carport attached to it. I didn't have to worry about my car getting dinged in a parking lot, or noisy neighbors on both sides of me. I went to the office to check in and was greeted by very friendly staff. After checking in, I went to my room and was impressed with the overall condition of the room, especially finding the overall cleanliness of the room as being noteworthy!

I will be visiting Santa Fe again and have already made my reservations at the King's Rest Court Inn.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
12  Thank Mike K
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Kings rest I wish you were as good as your reviews make you out to be. The only good thing about this place is the location. We called and made reservations based on the reviews at yelp for 2 days. At the time I told them 2 adults and 1 kid. She said sure no problem we have a room. We show up the next day and as we roll up my family and I just start laughing this place looked like a dump, but hey it had good reviews so we might as well take it and see how it is. The room had a scenic view of their dumpster. The door had 4 locks on it(that should have been the sign to split.) As soon as we unload our car a lady comes to our door and asks to use my cell phone(they have no phones in the room) Being the nice guy that I am I allow it. Next thing I know I’m getting booty calls from some guy asking if my husband is there. I had to call this guy and tell him hey this is my cell phone I let your lady friend use it. Luckily he quit texting me. At night we go to sleep and wake up at 2AM , someone got shot near the entrance and all the emergency vehicles in Santa Fe we there to help out. We decide to check out the next day , but the crazy lady at the front desk tells us that since we already paid there is no refunds, so we buck up and sty another night. That night it rains and I wake up to a puddle on my bed!! They make us move rooms at 2AM, no apology and they make it seem as though they are helping us out by allowing us to move rooms. The next morning we pack our gear and go to check out , I ask the lady for some kind of refund or something to compensate for the stay’s issues, she and her husband start yelling at me and then she tells me , well you had 3 people in your room and that room is only good for 2!!! I just left I could not take any more of the insane drama. If you have a choice do NOT stay here it is a pit, and a security risk. Don’t try and save 20 bucks on a cheaper motel. This is not as good as the yelpers or trip advisor makes it out to be

Room tip: Pay an extra 20.00 and go somewhere else!
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
12  Thank DanW133
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I can't say I've stayed in many places that are $50 a night because I usually find you get what you pay for. But this is an exception. Sorta kitschy, but comfortable, quiet, convenient, friendly staff, very laid back. nice carports just 2 steps from our room.

Didn't get 5 star rating due to (to me) minor issues: spider on my headboard (stuff happens, I realize), and spotty cable reception, the ceiling/sky light in our bathroom looks unfinished like they just quit working on it.

Overall this was pleasant surprise but if you're into being coddled with a fancy breakfast, then common sense will tell you this isn't your place.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank joshkspa
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I was a little bit surprised when I got to King's Rest Court. The front desk staff was friendly. I got to the room, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't impressive either. I guess the retro feel does nothing for me. In my room, there was definitely no wireless access. There is no breakfast included. There was a refrigerator, but that's honestly about it (besides the tv). For the same price, Red Roof Inn provided much more.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank gittinsj
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We (a family of 5 with toddlers) took a 30 day road trip from Orlando, FL to San Franciso, Ca, and this was probably one of the best motels on the entire route. Clean, two separate rooms for the price of one, a place in the shade for the car and even Wi-Fi - what else can one expect?

Date of stay: June 2011