“Excellent - cozy, quiet and very clean and especially private.”
Review of King's Rest Court

King's Rest Court
Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The neon sign pulled us in. We had no reservation, but there was room - #4. The rooms are almost suites with no shared walls evident with the next room. Wonderful wood-planked doors, a skylight, fridge, flat-screened TV, Wi-fi, and a covered car-port! Mac and Sudha, proprietors, were sweet and inviting. It is older construction, but the room was very well kept including newly tiled bathroom. Refreshingly clean and very close to downtown Santa Fe. Have entered it into my iPod for the next trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank onesleep
There are newer reviews for King's Rest Court

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This place is vintage! Clean rooms, walk-in closet, skylight, fridge, and carport. No micro or wifi though. Big comfy bed. Not sound-proof, however, as we could hear street noise as if a window was open. And there was a 1/2" space under the door. That aside, LOVED the carport and spanish decor. Close to downtown and a great price!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank trulyblue8
Reviewed June 7, 2011

When I come into Santa Fe, I try hard to ditch the chains and stay at the awesome retro places in the city. This one is one of my favorites. I had written an earlier review on this place and it seems they have made some improvements outside and the rooms are still clean and fresh with the addition of the LCD TV which I loved. It was great as the internet was on and I was able to work from my room and even sat outside for a bit enjoying a great breeze! There is a fridge and coffee maker in the room now which is nice. There is no breakfast but I always ask myself why would I want a crappy continental breakfast when Tecolote Cafe or El Parasol(mmm breakfast burrito) are a short walk away! Id rather pay $45 for a room and spend $5 bucks on a fresh green chili burrito. I normally stay in chains all year and I love my points but nothing gets me excited like Santa Fe you just have to break the mold. Folks this is not a luxurious place but why do you need anything more than a bed and shower in Santa Fe? You should be out and about! The owners are still the same and I loved the carport although this time I had a rental car.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank dcxman
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This motel was not as great as the reviews make it sound but it was acceptable. It would be an improvement if coffee/tea and some sort of continental breakfast was available.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank rjr0810
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Call here first! This is THE best of Santa Fe. Central and the way I first saw Santa Fe. I had always wanted to stay in a route 66 motor court when I went back to SF and it was either this or the Silver Saddle. Winner.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank KarmanTulsa
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I called the hotel directly and booked 2 rooms, but when I arrived they had only 1 room reserved. After a fruitless argument with the person at the desk, who told me I should have had two confirmation numbers if I had reserved two rooms (something that seems odd and not my experience with confirmation numbers), I decided to check out the available room out before deciding whether to split up my group between two hotels. The room was dark and unattractive, but, most distressing, was the fact that it smelled strongly of insecticide. I decided to accept the offer of a referral to another hotel three miles down the road at the same rate. As it turns out, the mix up in the reservation was a blessing in disguise, as the other hotel was clean and comfortable. I am baffled by the positive reviews on Kinng's Rest Court.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank hermosaDurango
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Clean and reasonably priced with a convenient location. Bathrooms have been updated but hotel is clearly a throwback to the past. Loved the garage. Room had a sitting area with frig. No breakfast or coffee is provided. Front desk lady was friendly and helpful. If you are seeking luxurious accommodations, then keep driving. However, if you are seeking clean and cheap, then you've found your destination.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple