“It was one of the best Flea's in the world until the Tesuque's took it over!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tesuque Flea Market

Tesuque Flea Market
Ranked #59 of 260 things to do in Santa Fe
LA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It was one of the best Flea's in the world until the Tesuque's took it over!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Tesuque Flea market once know as Trader Jack's Flea Market was considered one of the best Flea Markets in the world. The Flea market needs new management outside the pueblo and maybe in 5-10 yrs it could be something special again.
Try "The Flea" near the old race track, Some of the old venders from Trader Jack's are making a go of it there.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Fleamarketjack

Cochiti Lake, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely not wheelchair accessible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've decided to start writing about places from my relatively new vantage point of handicapped or disabled or whatever is the current politically correct term because it is difficult to find this kind of information in most guides. Since I live just south of Santa Fe, the trip to the Tesuque Flea Market was not a major undertaking, but a friend wanted to visit a particular booth and I was up for trying out my new scooter, or so I thought. We were advised that it was dirt, so knowing that both scooter and power chair often just churn their wheels in deeper in dirt, we opted for the manual wheel chair. Unfortunately, much of the flea market was dirt covered with up to several inches of gravel. Good thing we'd left both power vehicles at home for they would have ground to a halt immediately. With help from a very kind and very strong man I was able to go about 30 yards and see two booths, but as that was all I was able to see, I can't really comment on the flea market itself. I did have a very nice chat with a vendor who was originally from Guatemala and had some nice huipiles, so I had actually had quite a nice time, but I would definitely NOT recommend this flea market for any kind of wheeled vehicle--I think it would even be difficult to push a stroller and wheelchairs of any and all ilk will have a very hard time going anywhere.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lee Anne W
Lakenheath, Suffolk
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Disappointed on this second visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We went to the market two years ago and decided to visit again on our return to Santa Fe. I think there were even less stalls open than on our last visit which was a bit of a let down. I did buy a few things but some of the stall holders were a bit pushy which I don't like. And we saw some very nice baskets but they were made in Pakistan - when in that part part of the country I like to try and buy things made reasonably locally (even South America is acceptable). We did see a lot of goods made in China or India throughout our trip and I avoided those if at all possible - I can buy things made there when I am at home!
If we ever go back to Santa Fe we won't bother going back here.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Lucy A
philadelphia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Looking for Bargains?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you like Flea Makets, this is a must see. You can find lots of fun things to bring home with you. We were able to find jewelry as well as inexpensive pottery.

Visited September 2012
Orange Park, Florida
348 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 311 helpful votes
“Have been to better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

MAybe it was because it was a Friday that we went but a lot of the stalls were closed. The ones that were open were overpriced. Lots of jewelry, clothing, African masks, etc. I just didn't think their prices were that great. Of course, you have to haggle with them. We went from a$250.00 watch, to $190.00 to $110.00 for this same watch. I already bought one in town the day before but wanted to compare. Remember the you can haggle with them in town too. I bought my watch for $100 and it started at $290. All they can say is no and believe me, they wont. We bought nothing at this market.