Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$209
Old Santa Fe Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$200
$140
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Comfort Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$114
$85
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$328
$299
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Restaurant
$290
$269
$339
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$239
$203
Agoda.com
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$239
Inn On The Alameda
All reviewsother guestssunflower roomchamisa suitebed and breakfastcommon roomsocial hourhappy hourgranolab bseach morningblue cornopportunity to meetwine and cheesewithin easy walking distanceplaza and canyon roadfew blocksthe main house
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was mine and my husbands first experience at a B&B. We stayed at the Hacienda Nicholas in the Nicholas suite .We both loved it! We loved how kind and informative everyone was. Loved the location , the decor, the fireplace and how cozy the room was, but most of all the comfort. I loved the mattress and pillows so much that I called the hotel to get info on where they purchase their pillows and what kind of mattress they had. I can hardly wait to go back!

Room Tip: I liked the Hacienda Nicholas because there was only a few rooms centered around the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

How wonderful that we were your first B&B experience, and even more wonderful that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We are delighted that you are already looking forward to your next visit. I hope you are able to replicate our beds at home so you can enjoy the same deep slumber there that you experienced at the inn. One last ingredient is the sheets - we use Comphy sheets, which are so very soft and luxurious. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I revisited the Hacienda Nicholas a second 2 1/2 years later. SInce then I had stayed in two other places in Santa Fe, and I decided that I liked this best for location and price. And it is still good, and I would still recommend it...but the service was weird this time.
For example....on day one they only sorta cleaned the room...left a wet washcloth on the bathroom floor, didn't clean up the in room coffee service. So I asked that we get new coffee, and they did that...but they didn't give us new cups, so coffee but no cups. The next day I asked again, because we were leaving before the breakfast started..and they looked a little surprised and asked if we wanted "service". We were genuinely confused, and upon clarification, they asked if we wanted the room cleaned. Uh..yes?
Now I am fine with staying somewhere that doesn't provide routine service, but I think it should be clear and stated ahead of time. I felt like I was imposing to ask for service. In the end they did give us coffee...but left us without cups again.
There were a few other weird events that involved employees telling us how very hard they work...three different employees, in fact..again, this is not awful, but is also kind of not in keeping with a service industry.
Will I stay there again? maaayyybbeeee. Should you? probably.
The breakfast is good, the daylong cookies and snackies is really nice, and the courtyard rooms at Nicholas (I stayed in Camisa last time, Nicholas this time) are really a treat.
Consider yourself well informed!

Room Tip: I would only stay in the rooms in Nicholas on the courtyard...but that is because I am not really a bed and breakfast kind of girl.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Oh my goodness, I feel so badly that you had such an uneven experience in terms of service during your second visit to Hacienda Nicholas. This is just not at all what we want for our guests! We had a staff meeting to discuss your review and figured out what must have happened.

As we just lost our housekeeper of eleven years without notice, we had a temporary housekeeper helping out during your stay this past weekend. Despite having several days of training, clearly the coffee service was not performed fully, and she left a used washcloth in the bathroom. Please know that we do provide full housekeeping service daily, and now have a new and very experienced housekeeper in place. I am so very sorry about the missing mugs, and can certainly understand your frustration around the mugs and the confusion regarding service.

As for the comments about working so hard, it must have seemed very weird to hear this refrain several times. Having spoken at length with all staff, I have tried to figure out what happened, to the best of my ability: our weekend innkeeper had just learned of a serious health condition that has made it necessary for her to give notice. She was advised that her job was too physical in nature and could further jeopardize her health. She had a conversation on the matter with a few of the guests, both concerned repeat guests and new guests (you?), while the new housekeeper agreed that there was a lot of work involved in innkeeping. The context was all about her health concerns, but in hindsight, she ought to have kept this information to herself.

I myself had a conversation with some guests on Monday, the morning of your departure. They too run their own business and were juggling vacation along with work over the course of their stay with us. We were chuckling about the pros and cons of running one's own business, which includes working or being available 24/7. There were a few other guests nearby, and you may well have been among them.

We have all learned a valuable lesson here, and that is that we ought to keep more of this sort of information private. Because many of our guests are so very personable, and many have been coming back year after year, it is easy to develop very close bonds with these guests. I think we sometimes slip into very open dialogue with guests, and it is not always a good idea. Again, I am so very sorry the theme of working hard was so pervasive during your visit.

I speak for myself and my staff when I say we all love our work and are all committed to running the best inn that we can, and providing the best service possible. We all feel badly that this visit was "not as perfect as last time" and pledge to make it up to you, should you choose to return to Hacienda Nicholas. We have a brand new and fabulous housekeeper in place, along with a new, enthusiastic and very experienced innkeeper coming on board this week. I am confident the aberration of this past weekend will not be repeated and apologize profusely that it affected your stay in a negative way.

Thank you very much for bringing these matters to our attention.
Carolyn Lee
Owner

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hacienda Nicholas while visiting Santa Fe. We parked our car and did not need it until we left the city. The bed and breakfast is so close to almost everything you will want to see, it is a perfect location. And the décor of our room and the main room were great, every morning a fire was set in the fireplace, and breakfasts were delicious. Everyone who works at the hacienda was great too. They were always willing to help you find something or suggest places to visit and had maps and informational brochures available. Breakfasts were a great time to meet other guests too, and they also offer an evening gathering to help with dinner plans and such. We have stayed at several b and b's and this is definitely in the top group as to location and helpful, friendly staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the wisteria room, which was a narrow room with a very nice sitting area. It suited us perfectly.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

We so appreciate you writing this wonderful review on your week long stay at Hacienda Nicholas, and are delighted to know that we were able to assist you so well in terms of activities, restaurant selection, and overall friendly service. We are so fortunate to be located within just a few blocks of both the Plaza and Canyon Road, allowing for limited use of one's car. Santa Fe is a great walking town indeed. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here for a week in March, our first visit to Santa Fe. The Hacienda was just what we were looking for in a B & B. Very close to the central plaza; friendly and helpful innkeeper and staff; delicious breakfasts and evening treats available; comfy and homey living room/dining room. Very conducive for guests to mingle and converse, which we enjoy at B&Bs. We just wished that the weather were warm enough to sit longer in the central courtyard for a real southwestern feeling! Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Cottonwood was our small bedroom just off the common dining/living room. I am a light sleeper but heard absolutely no noise from the dining room, or outside for that matter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your week at Hacienda Nicholas. We are always thrilled to read of guests enjoying the hospitality, location, food service and ambiance of the inn. Too bad we can't change the weather - March is always so hard to predict, as it can be up in the 60's one day and a light snow flurry the next. At least the fireplace provides a welcome respite. Hopefully you will be able to return one day when breakfast, along with the wine & cheese hour, take place in the outdoor garden courtyard. As for the quiet of your room, even though it was right off the common room - our thick adobe walls are excellent at sound-proofing as well as keeping out the summer heat or cold of winter.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very nice location, friendly and pleasant personal. Reasonably priced for.
It has a local flavor and Inkeepers are very knowledgable and ready to help with your activities.

Beds are not comfortable, bedding could use renovation

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bella T
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable and would love to know which room you were in so I can personally check it out. We typically get nothing but rave reviews on the beds, which are Sealy Posturepedic Pillowtops, providing a firm mattress with soft cushioning on top. That mattress, paired with our Comphy microfiber sheets, tend to make people very happy with their beds. In fact, I have been asked many times what sort of mattresses we have, as people want to buy the same for heir homes. However, if there is a problem with a certain bed, I would absolutely want to check that out and take care of it immediately.

Of course for those who prefer a hard mattress, with no pillow-top, I can understand that you would not like the bed, and apologize for that. Because we get such great feedback on these beds, we have the same mattresses in all rooms, so would not have been able to offer you a different option in another room. Again, I am so very sorry about that.

We are all delighted to know how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

Thank you so very much for your feedback, and I do hope to get further information so I can look into the situation carefully.

Carolyn Lee