All reviews other guests sunflower room chamisa suite bed and breakfast blue corn waffles homemade granola common room cookies nirvana spa happy hour social hour b bs each morning wine and cheese within easy walking distance plaza and canyon road few blocks
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We rented Casa Pinon for the Thanksgiving weekend and just fell in love with it! It is a delightful little house and very well appointed--we were able to make the turkey and all the fixings in the sweet little kitchen. The main rooms are so comfortable, the beds are simply WONDERFUL and the location was fabulous. We checked in late very at night and had no problems--due entirely to the great instructions sent to us via email, text and followed-up by phone call. Carolyn, one of the innkeepers, was so nice--coming out to help us with a very minor internet problem on THANKSGIVING! (Turned out it was our problem, not theirs). I cannot recommend Casa Pinon enough--we LOVED it! In fact, we loved it so much, we're already planning a trip back in the late Spring with visions of enjoying the outdoor deck while watching the beautiful sunsets over the mountains with a nice glass of wine! Mmm...missing Casa Pinion already!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

How wonderful that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend at the Casa Pinon. Having lived there with my family for many years, I have very fond memories of the house, and look forward to living there again one day. It is good to know that the kitchen had all you needed to make your Thanksgiving feast, and that you so enjoyed the house and location. I am glad that the internet problem was such a simple matter so everyone could enjoy their Thanksgiving. We look forward to your return visit when you will be able to enjoy the outdoors and the wonderful sunset views from Casa Pinon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Even with a record 8 inches of snow requiring us to enjoy the indoors, Hacienda Nicholas was a delightful retreat. Close to La Posada for food/drink and close enough to the square once the snow/ice melted, you couldn't ask for a better B&B. Hosts George or MariLee were so genuinely accommodating and helpful with everything from where to eat to what museums to see and stores to shop. The substantial and different breakfasts, served each of the 5 days we were there, were delicious. If all you wanted was fresh fruit and yogurt, it was always available. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: The Sunflower room opened onto the courtyard. It was sunny, roomy and the kiva fireplace was always laid and ready to light. But because of the huge snow fall, the snow plow woke us at 6:00am plowing the church parking lot directly behind our bedroom wall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wasn't that a lovely early winter snow we had? We are so lucky in Santa Fe to get lovely powdery snowfalls and then blue skies and sun the next day, making everything look so incredibly beautiful. I am so happy to read that George and Merrilee helped you find just the perfect restaurants and activities so you could enjoy Santa Fe to the fullest - so glad too that you enjoyed all the breakfast offerings! We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Would I go back? - yes. Would I refer a friend? - yes. Was I happy? - yes.

Stayed for 6 nights in Casa Pinon.

Regan was great when she took my reservation. Nice, friendly and helpful. Called back a few days later to ask if there was a blender in the house. She said no...but, that they would put one in. The house had a blender when I arrived...and pretty sure it was brand new.

Diane at check in was great. Friendly and helpful.

The wifi wasn't working when we got there. But, the owner (Carolyn sp?) had it taken care of within a few hours with a new router in place. She contacted me several times to keep me updated through the process.

Daily maid service was great.

It's in a great location very close to the plaza. Staying in a house...rather than a bland hotel room made all the difference in my trip. When I go back to Santa Fe...I'll be calling them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Pinon - I agree that staying in a house is far nicer than being in an anonymous hotel room! Regan, Dianne and the rest of the staff work hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their visits with us, and we are always happy to accommodate requests from guests. Thank you so much for letting us know there was a problem with the router, as that sort of thing can be dealt with right away. Hopefully you will be able to get back to Santa Fe - we will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We took the spacious Nicholas Suite and were not disappointed. Cozy, beautifully appointed, comfortable, in a perfect location to the sites of Santa Fe, and parking at the property was very easy. The fireplace was so welcome after chilly walks in the morning and at night after dinners downtown on the plaza. Each breakfast echoed the ingredients of the area and were served with sincere concern for our preferences by the staff.

Room Tip: All the suites were very secluded.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I too love the Nicholas Suite for its quintessential Santa Fe architecture and decor. The large fireplace in the room is a great amenity this time of year - did you know that room was the original kitchen, hence the large size of the fireplace? Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed the breakfast offerings, and that you felt well cared for by everyone working at the Hacienda Nicholas.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Take home the responsible ecologically friendly culture from the owners of Hacienda Nicholas, Madeleine and Alexander -

In each guest's room:
Special unscented body wash, shampoo and conditioner in shower
recycle bin beside the waste basket
separate washrags for makeup removal and washing the dog or shoes
personal towels can be fresh each day or remain to reuse during short stay

In the diningroom/lounge:
only linen napkins, ceramic mugs/plates/bowls, no styrofoam!

From the kitchen:
All breakfasts baked in reusable glass pyrex casserole dishes,
not time saving throw away containers.

I have probably missed some other careful choices -

Hacienda Hospitality With Care includes homemade granola, fresh baked sweetbreads and endless cookies under a glass domed plate.
GST

Room Tip: Charming poster beds have full, queen and king size beds. When I'm alone I like to stay in the Inn. When my husband joins me we like the casitas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gail T,
I am pleased to know how much you noticed about our green operations, and how you value these choices: there is a complete list of all we do on our website. Everything we do at both the Hacienda Nicholas and The Madeleine Inn is with an attempt to be as eco-friendly as possible while continuing to offer guests the utmost in comfort and convenience. Some things cost a bit more, or take a bit more time, but overall, it is very worthwhile to operate in this fashion. Thank you for highlighting this on Trip Advisor, and thank you for your continued patronage!