Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

Old Santa Fe Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$160
$96
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$188
$171
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

Comfort Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$109
$94
ComfortInn
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$172
$161
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$159
$127
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
$129
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Inn On The Alameda
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

All reviewsother guestssunflower roomchamisa suitebed and breakfastcommon roomsocial hourhappy hourgranolab bseach morningblue cornopportunity to meetwine and cheesewithin easy walking distanceplaza and canyon roadfew blocksthe main house
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a good stay here. There are a variety of rooms, ours was on the smaller side but that was fine with us. The bathroom was pretty large so there was plenty of room to get around in there. The bed was comfortable and the room was fairly quiet. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was excellent. I give it four vs. five stars only because I really didn't hit it off with the person working there. It seemed like too much of a "job" vs. something that she was enjoying. Maybe she was just having a rough week. it didn't really hamper our visit, it just didn't feel as friendly as the typical B&B experience.

1  Thank Kevin B
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so very much for your valuable feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and found the breakfast to be excellent. I am very grateful to learn of your experience with our evenings + Sunday morning innkeeper. She has worked with me for a very long time now, and while many people adore her, it is clear that she has too much on her plate at the moment. She just told me this morning that she hasn't had a day off in 7 months (!!!!!!), as she works two jobs, and her adult son recently came back to live with her. In short, she is burning the candle at both ends and clearly needs a break. Someone will be covering her upcoming Wednesday evening shift, as that is her day off at her other job, so she will have a whole day. I am hoping to find other days when she can take off, but she is putting her other son through school, so is trying to work as many hours as she can. In any case, I truly appreciate you letting me know of this situation so I can find a positive solution. I am truly sorry to have missed meeting you myself, but hope you are able to come back and we might meet at that time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We would highly recommend a stay in THE COTTAGE.
We enjoyed the privacy of the garden, and because it is dog friendly, our Chow-Pei dog had a great time running around free, while I sat in our private patio, enjoying puffing on my pipe with a glass of wine.
My wife thoroughly enjoyed the well tended garden and all the extra 'personal touches' that made the experience very pleasant.
The parking area was ample and clean, and among the amenities provided were towels and soap, had I wished to clean my car or my dog.
We went to the 'social hour' at the HACIENDA NICHOLAS where we chatted with other guests over a bottle of wine and a variety of tasty snacks.
The breakfast of blue corn and blueberry waffles was delicious and the friendly staff made our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Our room was THE COTTAGE, and we highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I am so delighted to read your review on the Hacienda Nicholas, and that you were able to take advantage of our pet policy and social hour. Our Wine Permit Application was submitted today, and we hope to be back to serving wine at the Social House within a few months. Fingers crossed! Those Blue Corn Waffles are always a hit, so were included with other top picks in our cookbook and our website. Hope you get to make them at home, or perhaps come back to the Hacienda for another visit. I will certainly pass your compliments on to the staff as well, and am happy to hear they helped make your stay a wonderful experience. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Carolyn Lee - owner
Hacienda Nicholas & The Madeleine Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hacienda Nicholas. We had a smaller room but it was big enough for us and very comfortable. We had blue cornmeal waffles the second day, but for guests who could not eat the waffles, they were able to get a breakfast made to order for them without a problem. They also provide snacks around 5 and those were great to help the late afternoon hungers before setting out for dinner. The ladies were so friendly and helpful. The adobe home was a great setting for our Santa Fe stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at Hacienda Nicholas. Those Blue Corn Pinon Waffles are a long-time favorite - should you wish to make them at home, the recipe can be found on our website, along with some other top favorites. I am happy to know that the staff was so helpful and helped you make the most of your Santa Fe stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love this Bed & Breakfast. My husband & I have stayed here a couple of times & just adore it! The owner serves you breakfast & is so accomodating w/our small pet. Each room is filled w/such charm - lovely bathroom tile work & some w/fireplaces. The food is fabulous & the service is top notch! Everything is w/in walking distance to the plaza for shopping, gallaries & dinning. I highly recommend you stay here & experience what a truly good B & B is suppose to be like.

Room Tip: Sunflower room is a nice size w/a FP & just off of the patio area. Wisteria room has the best bathroom tile I have ever seen & quite too.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a fabulous review of your stay at Hacienda Nicholas. We so enjoyed having you, your husband, and your little pup as our guests in both the Sunflower and Wisteria Rooms. How wonderful to know that you enjoy the food, service, rooms and location so much that you return time and again. It is a pleasure to host you - we look forward to your next visit!

All the best,
Carolyn Lee
Owner - Hacienda Nicholas B&B & The Madeleine Inn

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoy B&Bs for local contacts, local customs, and to be immersed into local culture. Hacienda Nicholas does not offer this - nobody lives in it, it is strictly for guests, and the only people you meet are employees and fellow visitors. So it definitely feels like a small hotel.
As for the accommodation itself, it was good except the bathroom lighting was inadequate - way too dark. Breakfast was really below average, and the service was uneven. For the price, I am sure there are better options. Locations was good, though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay at Hacienda NIcholas, and would love to hear from you how we might improve our services (I have given my cell # to this reviewer via Trip Advisor). While I do not live at the inn itself (I believe only 2 or 3 inns here in Santa Fe have owners who live on the premises), I am there Monday through Friday and make a point of chatting each morning with all guests. All of our staff are long-time locals who are very knowledgeable and familiar with the city of Santa Fe as well as the surrounding areas, and previous reviews indicate that past guests have been given all sorts of much-appreciate information and tips on the what to do, where to go, where to eat, etc. I do spend weekends with my family, and perhaps you were only at the inn on Saturday and Sunday. It is also possible that since I don't always introduce myself as "the owner", you may have met me and not realized I was the owner. I serve breakfasts and coffee refills, bus tables, and do much of what my staff does. In the future I shall make a point of letting guests know that I am the owner when I give my name. I truly regret that you did not feel as though you got a good local experience, as that is absolutely what a bed & breakfast is all about, and certainly what we endeavor to do.

I regret you did not enjoy our breakfasts. Having been an innkeeper for 26 years now, I have learned what the vast majority of guests enjoy, and we use our tried and true favorite recipes throughout the week, alternating with sweet and savory, introducing local flavors, and offering basic scrambled eggs for guests who choose not to eat the main dish of the day. Our recipes were requested so many times by guests that we actually published a small cookbook. In addition to the hot dish of the day is a selection of fresh fruit cups, plain & vanilla yogurt, homemade granola & muesli, homemade tea breads, and toasts from a local bakery. I welcome you to contact me directly to let me know how we might improve our breakfast selection to better serve our guests. As you perhaps noted while you were with us, we are certainly open to feedback as we continually strive to do our best. There are comment forms in each room, an entire page in the information booklet in each room letting you know how much we encourage your feedback, and by each guest door. We do our utmost to address any and all issues during the guest stay, and aim to correct any problems immediately.

As for the light in your bathroom, please do let me know which room you were in and I will do my best to address the situation.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We try to please one and all, and clearly we dropped the ball here. Please accept my utmost apologies. I look forward to hearing from you so that we might learn more from your experience.