“One of the best B&B's”

Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #4 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 19, 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Sunflower room and it was one of best experiences we have ever had at a B&B. The room itself was clean and charming with a great kiva style fireplace and a large bathroom with storage for suitcases and clothes. The food here was very good with the wine and cheese a nice afternoon ritual. I would not consider this place for children but for older and/or for folks looking for a romantic place with a perfect location this is a really good choice. Go to the haunted Staab house at La Posada for a late night drink, it is only a 2 minute walk away.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn

Reviewed April 14, 2008

We had just one night to stay in Santa Fe. We had our 7-year old dog with us for his first bed and breakfast stay! Anne and Lois at Hacienda Nicholas made all 3 of us feel very welcome, and even though our room was the smallest in the inn, it was quite comfortable. Wonderful location, easily walkable to the Plaza. Ann served a delicious breakfast, and we were on our way. We would recommend this as a nice, reasonably priced Santa Fe bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2008

We had an excellent stay at Hacienda Nicholas. The location is perfect; we were able to leave the rental car parked and walked everywhere. We stayed in the Chamisa, a cozy room with a fireplace. The breakfasts were delicious and all the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 26, 2008

Our stay at Hacienda Nicholas couldn’t have been better. The staff were incredibly gracious and friendly and the special breakfasts were unbelievable, from French toast stuffed with fruit and cream cheese to delicious omelettes with sides of crispy bacon. Plus plenty of cereals, yogurts, and the freshest of fruit cocktails prepared with elegance and care. And then the wine and cheese parties every evening. The atmosphere was so very friendly that the entire group would be engaged in enthusiastic conversations that we didn’t want to leave. And the staff were also very knowledgeable about the not-to be-missed sites in the area as well as expert advise on the restaurant scene. The staff were so wonderful we felt we bonded emotionally with them, and felt that we could be very good friends with them if we lived in the same city. Our room was lovely with a king-sized bed and fireplace in the bedroom, a sitting room and a private bath, with a convenient entrance to the patio, which led to the main room. In short, we were so happy with our experience at Hacienda Nicholas that when we return, and we certainly will, this is the only place that we would ever consider staying. Thank you, Hacienda Nicholas for making our stay in Santa Fe so incredibly wonderful!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2008

Friends suggested this B&B to us, and we couldn't be happier. Best B&B we've ever stayed in. Great location -- quiet street but easy walk to the center of old Santa Fe. Amazing food - delicious and varied hearty breakfasts, home-made fresh cookies out all day, and wine and good cheeses and snacks at 5pm. And the friendly, helpful innkeeper, Ann, is a great cook and knowledgeable about Santa Fe. The rooms are fully stocked with everything you might need and are very comfortable.

Reviewed March 22, 2008

We had a wonderful time. The people were very sweet and also very accomodating. The room was great, we will always get that room if available. The location of the INN was perfect, within walking distance of the plaza. We met some other people at the inn with their stories to tell of where they had been. SANTA FE was great. i want to bring the rest of the girls next time. We
will go back. Hello to Carolyn, Anna, Ann, Barbara and Kevin!!!!!!!!!!! love cindy and kristi

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Hacienda Nicholas is truly my Santa Fe home away from home anytime I get the chance to visit my Beloved City Different.

Upon my most recent two arrivals, within a week of each other, I was welcomed both times by warm hearted Inn Keeper Ann E. It was so nice to see a happy, familiar face. She helped me get settled; greated me with open arms (seriously), and then settled me down to relax with a nice glass of merlot and cheese and cracker platter in front of this most incredible fireplace in the main room. It was simply delightful and so was she. It was nice to be around someone with such a big heart birthing me back into my Santa Fe moment. Feeling as if I had just died and went to heaven (I kid you not), the next morning was as lovely as the night before as I was then greated ever so warmly by another Inn Keeper Ann (as there are two Ann's that run this Inn)... and there was this most delightful breakfast of fresh fruit, a wonderful egg dish and all kinds of morning yummies (I call it). I felt like a child who had just woken up to one of my mothers morning breakfasts. A great way to start my Santa Fe experience. Not only are the breakfasts' top notch, but the baked goods (which there is a never ending amount of) is mouth watering. And I have to add, if you are travelling with a well behaved pet, Thumbelina my 2.5 pound tea-cup poodle that is no bigger than a minute was actually getting more attention than I (HA HA)... which was hard to believe considering the pampering I got.

The Inn holds an old Santa Fe charm, with a victorian flare. My favorite place was the middle of the main room where this huge fireplace lights up the entire room as the light of the flames danced off the vegas on the ceiling. You can curl up and read a book and just relax into another time and space if you choose, or go off to the lovely patio area and remenise with other guests anytime of year. I have had some wonderful exhanges with the guests that have come there. People from all over the world with some amazing stories and life styles are shared; and yet, if I chose, I had all the alone time I needed as well without ever feeling as if I was staying at an Inn. It was truly memorable.

Hacienda Nicholas is considered in my opinion, a jewel of a bed and breakfast and a sure find! It is consistent; it is next best thing to living in Santa Fe as it is centered right off the plaza so you can walk anywhere into the heart of all that is Santa Fe,not to mention the the Inn itself has so much to offer, including it's very own spa. Truly, you don't have to go far to get a good massage or facial! Hacienda Nicholas is comfortable, clean and very private. You feel completely nurtured your entire stay from the entire staff from the moment of arrival to your departure. What I found very charming is that the owner Caroline was very hands on and makes it her point to join you during morning breakfasts to talk about the Inn and places to go in Santa Fe of interest from a local's stand point. Look bottom line, everyone here made me feel as if they were all giving genuinely 200% to make sure my visit was as comfortable as possible.

One more thing before I go which really shows the integrity of this Inn, those working there, and why I choose to write this review. Upon my first arrival, I came down the very next morning with that horrible flu that was going around that put me in a dead lock. I get to town for a business trip, excited to see old friends, and literally right out of the gate the next morning I was down for almost a week at the Inn and the only thing I was hugging was my bed sheets (and I never get sick.) It was sort of humorous in a way. I was so sick I had to fly home after the first week leaving my car there to return back when I was able. I felt horrible not only because I was so sick, but more so, because I did not want to get anyone sick there. The Staff and Owner Caroline could not have been more compassionate about my situation. They did everything in their power to help me feel better. Everyone doated on me. It got to one point where I was so sick, that Ann the main Inn Keeper insisted I get some medical help and literally escorted me to the Urgent Care around the corner due to her concern for my well being. That is service and says a lot about the kind of people that run Hacienda Nicholas.

Kudos to all of you (Ann E, Ann, Kevin and Caroline), but also to Regan the General Manager who really made both my trips possible by just listening to what my needs were and making it all happen. I can not wait to get back to my Santa Fe Home away from Home and Kevin's most sinful chocolate chip cookies :) Thank you all for everything!

Miss Faerye and Thumbelina!
Goodyear, Arizona