All reviewsother guestssunflower roomchamisa suitebed and breakfastcommon roomhappy hoursocial hourgranolab bseach morningblue cornopportunity to meetwine and cheesewithin easy walking distanceplaza and canyon roadfew blocksthe main house
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I never wanted to leave! My husband and I were lucky to be upgraded to the Sunflower Suite and it was so wonderful. It was a separate casita with a fireplace and very spacious rooms -- definitely recommend it. The bed was so comfortable and I loved staying in an eco-friendly place. The staff was incredibly helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The location is a short walk from the plaza and pretty much everything else -- we never needed to use our car and it was nice to have a secure parking spot nearby. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The Sunflower Suite is worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Casita for a 3 night get-away from the kiddos. I would definitely stay there again if we go back to Santa Fe. We liked the privacy we felt there, yet it was a short and easy walk to the main plaza area for more action. The Casita had everything we needed-fireplace (wood provided), coffee grinder and brewer, mini fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, tv, bath robes, hair dryer, and a very comfortable bed. It's located in a quiet neighborhood. We're used to sleeping with some white noise so we turned on an oscillating fan that was there. Another plus. There was also a space heater in case you wanted a little extra warmth, but the central heat worked just fine. We enjoyed sitting in the arm chairs next to the fireplace reading and playing games. We had to walk or drive to breakfast but it was a very short walk, less than 10 minutes at a slow pace, so it didn't bother us at all. Breakfast was always delicious and "snack time" from 5-6pm was a fun time to meet some other guests. All of the people working at Hacienda Nicholas were very nice and great sources of info on the area's attractions, food, history, etc. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone I know planning a trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We vistited Santa Fe and stayed at Hacienda Nicholas over Thanksgiving. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and Hacienda Nicholas was exactly as described. The rooms, while not overly spacious, are charming with lovely homey decorations - ours had a sitting area and fireplace which was ready for us to use each night. The morning breakfast was yummy and conversation with other guests was fun - we enjoyed comparing notes on things to see and explore. Hacienda Nicholas is conveniently located and a very short walk into town. We walked by other larger and more exclusive Inns and hotels but we didn't see anything that fit our taste better. We'd love to return in the spring when the garden couryard is in bloom and we can enjoy relaxing outside (it cold in Santa Fe during our visit). One other note: a majority of the people we met during breakfast had stayed at Hacienda Nicholas before - - that says everything !

Room Tip: I recommend a room that faces the courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank OgoCinco
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Fodors speaks highly of Hacienda Nicholas and The Madeline; they're very close to the Plaza downtown and they're both beautiful, comfortable facilities and reasonably priced. And the observations were exactly right, but didn't tell the full story. For instance, the afternoon social hour, hosted in the common room a the Hacienda, gave us the chance to ask all kinds of questions about, among other things, renting bicycles (Mello Velo). Thanks, Merilee. And the breakfast was not only delicious, but came with daily travel suggestions, observations and exceptionally nice music. Thanks, Greg. Thanks, especially, to Carolyn for creating such a welcoming, comfortable and charming ambience with beautiful accomodations and knowledgable, caring folks. We'll be back. Jena & Jon, Philadelphia, PA

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

In September, we and 2 friends spent a week at Hacienda Nicolas. The stay was wonderful, and within a short walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and its restaurants and museums. The room, although rather small, had a very comfortable bed and was very adequate for our needs. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable as to hiking and events in the area. The atmosphere is warm and we met interesting people. One of the things we especially loved was sitting in the lovely patio area in the afternoon with a glass of wine and talking with other other guests. We also loved that we were close to many great hikes. Recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Hacienda Nicholas that opens on the patio. Very quiet and very pleasant.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends