“Small space packed with fun”

Santa Fe Children's Museum
Ranked #54 of 273 things to do in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: A great way to share fun and learning with the family at this exciting museum that offers interactive exhibits on the arts, sciences and humanities.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We've been to children's museums all over - this one is one floor with loads of imaginative play possibilities. There's a water table, dress up area, wooden blocks, magnets, cozy story corner, tiny tots area, giant bubbles, rope chairlift and more. If you don't have fun, you're not trying. Outdoors is just as good. There's a music area, garden, satellite phone, digging area and paths. We went on a Saturday afternoon in March and were treated to a storyteller. Staff were terrific and obviously enjoyed being there. Our kids had a great time. Wear old clothes and be prepared to get messy.

2  Thank travelingwithkidd0s

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am torn as I write this review because I LOVE the Children's Museum and I recommend it to families. Unfortunately, our last experience was not great mainly because of the museum staff. We spend about 3 hours at the Museum with a group of friends for a birthday party. During that time we were scolded and lectured at least five times. When a couple of us were chatting (our kids were with our spouses within our view) museum staff told us not to stand in groups because it sends a message that we can just leave our kids unattended. When I was in the infant area with my child and her cousin museum staff asked that we didn't take over the infant area (meanwhile an unattended four year old came in an whacked my child in the head with a toy and no one said anything to her or her parents. I still recommend the museum, but I think they need to talk to their staff about being a bit more welcoming and hospitable to paying customers.

5  Thank Buffalogirl41
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The facility of the museum is adequate for a small town and very attractive, but most of the staff appeared to feel visitors were a nuisance, especially the child visitors. There were almost too many rules to assimilate , but if you forgot, a surly staff person was there to harshly remind you. My granddaughter duly noted that people should be nice to children in a children's museum. I have never before felt that I was imposing on a museum for just existing. It was a uniquely unpleasant experience for a place that was supposed to be fun. Please note, we were very well mannered and obedient visitors, who ended up feeling like we were very unwelcome. The museum's stated mission is to build upon a child's natural sense of joy and discovery, but the actions of staff eliminated any chance of that. Who runs this place?

7  Thank jks355
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Children's Museum in Santa Fe is a very creative, interactive facility for children and adults. There are activity centers for every age child, from 0 to 24 months and up. There are stations for crafts and water works and great outdoor areas when the weather allows. There is a special small door just for children to enter the facility and a small gift shop. The schedule of activities is available on their web site. Our grandchildren ages 6 and 9 months enjoyed spending a half day there during Christmas break.

1  Thank Norman M
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I haven't been there for some time, but when we first moved to New Mexico I was hunting for activities to do when our kids and grandchildren came to visit. This place was on the list and our grandkids loved this place. We spent all afternoon there and had to pull them away to leave. Well worth the time.