“Breathtaking and serene”
Review of Ten Thousand Waves

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Fe
Ten Thousand Waves
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed May 25, 2014

While the decor is a bit "Zen Disneyland," the tranquil setting cannot be denied. Helpful staff show the features of your room, which has fine amenities, upon arrival. My room ("New Moon" - pictured in the banner shot) had a fireplace with enough wood to keep a fire going all night. Just a short walk to the spa and restaurant. Unlike anyplace you've ever stayed and as far from "Santa Fe Style" as you can get - you'll love it.

Room Tip: All rooms are different. Check website for pictures and amenities of each.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank LightPro
There are newer reviews for Ten Thousand Waves

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is my second stay at Ten Thousand Waves. We stayed one night in Full Moon and it was the height of comfort and amenities. There's a very nice shower, a washer/drier, fireplace, dishwasher, and an extremely comfortable bed! It was also very clean! Mostly, the stay was first-rate because of the front desk staff. The two women at the front desk made our time extra great with their kindness and hospitality. I highly recommend Ten Thousand Waves!! Next time we will stay longer!

Room Tip: Full Moon is near gravel, but worth it for the light, the openness of the layout and the comfort!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pcottrell01
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Because of the convenience of being right at the spa and restaurant, we definitely recommend this place. Our room was lovely and serene That said, if you want a larger breakfast, bring some food. What was available in the room was fine, if you like granola...I'm one of those weird people who would rather have an egg. Also, the bed was extremely comfortable but set very low to the ground on a low platform. I got up in the middle of the night and took a tumble, not bad but it could have been much worse. We would stay here again most likely but would choose a different room with a larger patio and would definitely bring food for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anniejet
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Staying at Ten Thousand Waves along with a massage and dinner at Izanami was a birthday present from my husband. It could not have been better. The room was the height of Japanese luxury, dinner was fabulous and the massage I received from Rose was definitely the icing on the cake. Everyone should be so lucky!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ggrimes
Reviewed April 29, 2014

From start to finish this hotel /spa was perfect. the staff was very accommodating. We drove from LA to NYC and were a bit behind schedule and the staff was very gracious about changing our reservation. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and they provide fresh coffee beans and a grinder in the room plus fruit and granola and milk. The heated toilet seats are pretty nice too the spa was clean and nice, the restaurant has fabulous healthy but not boring food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne D
Reviewed April 2, 2014

You know how sometimes a hotel or restaurant will try to do something in an “authentic” style of some sort, and you come away feeling a little theme-parked-out? That is NOT the case at 10,000 Waves. I’ve been coming here for 20 years (before they had the hotel rooms) and now I love the Japanese-style rooms on top of everything else that they offer. I find the rooms relaxing, and also kind of amusing. Let’s just say it makes me happy to stay there. And even when I’m staying elsewhere in Santa Fe, I always come for a hot tub and some treatments (in addition to massage, I love the salt glow & herbal wrap). This week I ate lunch at their new restaurant, Izanami – delicious. And if you book a tub and a treatment before 1:00, they give you a voucher for a complimentary 3-course prix fixe lunch. You could spend days on the mountain and never go into town – you’d be pampered, well fed and well rested. Sounds good to me!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank artnik
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Interesting place in the hills above Santa Fe. Can be a bit expensive, but a great choice for special occasions. Various private and public hot tubs. We took the "Waterfall". Very romantic. Massages of all sorts are available. My girlfriend and I did a couples which was great. I will recommend Brian. Next evening I had a different type. Pasqual was the "therapist". Not as good. The kimonos they provide at the spa are a nice touch. Changing room was very good. The onsite restaurant was Very nice. Very good atmosphere and food. Reservations advised for Friday & Saturday. The room we had "Blue Moon" was super. Well supplied, very clean. No complaints of any kind. Not many kids around, but they should be Okay. My gf verified the billing was correct.

Room Tip: Review the different options on their website.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple