“Good & Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Watertown, New York
“Good & Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and inexpensive. Only TWO bath AND ONE hand towels in a rm with 2 doubles, staff would not bring more to the rm!! NO TISSUES, remote didn't work, no clock and the tiniest coffe cups I've ever seen! I was quite pleased at first but then my first impression chg'd quickly. :-(

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Ruby1947

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Remember, this is a pricey town. So to get a place for 35 is remarkable. Lady at reception even asked if I had AARP (I do) and gave me a discount. I got a first floor renoed room, just right. Some lowlifes living there and they must have been told to keep to themselves. No problems with the full timers. Denny's across the street for breaky. Minutes from the Plaza, Walmart up the street, I ended up staying 2 nights. Next time in SF, this is where I tie up my horse.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Rich3608
anderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great spot! CLEAN and NEWLY remodeled rooms. No tubs if you are a tub person. GREAT showers. Bed was comfy and nice. Floors are laminate, so no nasty carpet to contend with. WOULD STAY AGAIN for sure! Very good help at the front desk as well. Good location.

Room Tip: Under renovation- ask for a spot away from there. We had the middle building which is all non smokin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Full-Time-Travelers
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived in to Santa Fe at the start of a long weekend, without any accommodation booked. We drove down Cerillos Rd looking at the options, some were booked out, others too expensive. We pulled in here on our way back out to the freeway. The rates were attractive for it being a long weekend, and they had availability. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. You have to pay a nominal fee for internet access, which we did not mind. They were accommodating in our room request and were always attentive when we had any questions. If you are after a clean and comfortable place to stay, and don't mind being a short drive from the main town center, I recommend staying here - as in most cases, we were only there to sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank bluefur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My parents paid for the rooms (3 of them), so beggars can't be choosers. We only stayed one night in this hotel, it was a stop-over for our final destination. My mom and sister insisted on inspecting the beds and rooms we would be sleeping in, before agreeing to stay. The fact that there are wood floors adds a bit more comfort as well. However, the bottom of our shower was dirty and there was hair on it (ew). The side of the tv, the nightstand, and the wall by the door all had something sticky splattered on it. The comforters had cigarette burns in them. There were very "seedy" looking people loitering around the property. I am not going to speculate on what the scantily clad girls wandering around were doing, but I work in the law enforcement field, and I'm pretty sure they weren't there on vacation. The bathroom in my parents room overflowed, they called the front office and were told to come get a plunger. It was never fixed, let alone looked at, by anyone. The street noise is pretty loud, being on Cerrillos and all. Which is to be expected. I will say, the pool was nice. The kids enjoyed it. The tv's are old (not flat screens) and small. Not a big deal, but there was a playoff game we all wanted to watch, so we went to a restaurant to watch it.
As I said, I did not plan nor pay for this motel, so I wasn't going to complain too much. It was a place to lay our heads for the night, and we left first thing in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lreals

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at many Motel 6's around the west, and this is my favorite one. It's clean, surprisingly quiet, and a perfect place to get an overnight break after driving all day. Although the showers are built for a small-to-mid-sized Gelfling, the room was otherwise adequate, and very clean.
Carol at the front desk is wonderful, friendly, and accommodating. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012
10 Thank bwPhotographer
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

First of all, beware of Santa Fe's city tax! A whopping 7% and that turns a bargain room into no bargain at all. This one also charges $3 a day for WiFi. The room was large, bed was pretty comfortable, and the room was visibly clean but really stank of dog. Motel 6 does not charge extra fees for pets and that's great, but the cleaning staff should open the windows to air out such a room. I opened the window for about an hour even though it was cold and sprayed some air freshener I brought with me. Shower was one a closet shower and water pressure was adequate. A good enough room and stay but next time I will travel on to the next town and avoid that 7%!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo