“The Best Motel 6 in the southwest”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe

Motel 6 Santa Fe
Ranked #53 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado
“The Best Motel 6 in the southwest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at many Motel 6's around the west, and this is my favorite one. It's clean, surprisingly quiet, and a perfect place to get an overnight break after driving all day. Although the showers are built for a small-to-mid-sized Gelfling, the room was otherwise adequate, and very clean.
Carol at the front desk is wonderful, friendly, and accommodating. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012
10 Thank bwPhotographer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

First of all, beware of Santa Fe's city tax! A whopping 7% and that turns a bargain room into no bargain at all. This one also charges $3 a day for WiFi. The room was large, bed was pretty comfortable, and the room was visibly clean but really stank of dog. Motel 6 does not charge extra fees for pets and that's great, but the cleaning staff should open the windows to air out such a room. I opened the window for about an hour even though it was cold and sprayed some air freshener I brought with me. Shower was one a closet shower and water pressure was adequate. A good enough room and stay but next time I will travel on to the next town and avoid that 7%!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

my problem with this motel is the front desk service. several times i'd called to ask a question or report a problem. i was put on hold by one worker, delores, and she never returned to the phone call. when i called again, she was curt and rude and it took forever for her to answer the phone.
otherwise the motel and rooms are standard motel 6.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank whomever
Amarillo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We needed downstairs, next to grass with table so the only room like this was across from handicap parking which is many spaces all side by side even though rooms in front of them are not all handicap rooms which makes no sense, so we had to park quite a ways from our room. Parking is not RIGHT in front of rooms but on the other side of road which is only then wide enough for one car to pass at a time between rooms and parked cars. Located on a very noisy busy street. Rooms were very inexpensive and clean and we loved the hardwood pet friendly floors. Housekeeping spoke NO ENGLISH whatsoever. Front desk staff was very friendly and accomadating. Would recommend for no frills, inexpensive pet friendly motel.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelswithdogs1016
Henderson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

Perfectly adequate accommodations for such an extremely low price, however the Motel 6 on Zafaraono is a better room for the same price. The rooms are clean, bathroom, and there was really nothing to complain about, but go to the one on Zafarono, it is a better deal.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank dimpprob
taos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I stayed one night in the Motel 6 on Cerillos Road on 6/24. The room looked like it had recently been refurbished. The bathroom looked clean. I washed my hands and reached for a towel hanging on the towel bar. The towel bar came off the wall.

I then noticed a sign on the bed stating that sheets were changed only every 3 nights due to city water shortage and that towels would not be replaced if they hung on the towel bar. I expect that I used the towel that a stranger before me had hung up.

I pulled back the covers, removed the bedspread and put it on the other bed. The sheets were cotton and they looked a little wrinkled but I know it is hard to get cotton sheets on the bed without wrinkling them. I took the motel pillows and put them on the far side of the bed and used my own pillow.

I woke in the night itching and noticed red spots on my legs. I got up in the morning an put on my rubber flip flops and turned on the shower. The water was a mere trickle and it wasn't very hot. There wasn't enough water pressure to rinse off soap if I got soaped up and definitely not enough pressure to wash my shoulder-length hair. I did not take a shower.

I then turned my attention to the bed and I noticed tiny black specks moving across the sheets. I expect that they were the source of the bites and itchiness that I had. I went to the desk and reported the shower problem and the specks on the sheets. I also told the clerk that there was a short dark hair in the corner of the bed where I had placed the hotel towels.

When I had checked in, the clerk saw me jump when two small dogs licked my feet. She asked me if they were mine and I told her no. I don't know whether dogs are allowed at the motel or not but perhaps pets that are allowed to sleep in their owner's beds are responsible for the insect infestation.

The clerk told me that the water had been turned off and that they weren't notified but that it was back on. I told her funny, the sink and toilet worked fine. The shower was the only water problem.

This place is an insidiously dirty dump. Don't go there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank mesalover
Park City Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

It's a Motel 6. Clean rooms but small and musty smelling. Parking sucked. We had to park quite a way's away. Didn't get much sleep since it is located on a very busy street with sirens going off ALL night. Wouldn't stay there again. The only reason we did stay was because we had a dog and La Quinta was full.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple