Comfort Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$99
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$152
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Old Santa Fe Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$160
$128
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$193
$171
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

$161
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$134
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Inn On The Alameda
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

1,215 results
All reviewstabla de los santossecreto loungesmoked sagerooms are smallbeautiful hotelfront desk staffbeautiful lobbyhotel barperfect locationstreet noiseper daythird floortwo blocksmain plazareturn to santa fenew mexicocanyon road
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I recently traveled to Santa Fe for a long weekend with another couple. We wanted a good location without paying too much and it seemed that many of the nicer hotels in Santa Fe were more than we wanted to spend. After reading reviews, we weren't immediately sold on the St. Francis, but then we realized that the hotel had been recently renovated and that many of the less positive reviews were pre-renovation. We typically book hotels online, but for some reason we opted to call the St. Francis to book over the phone and we were pleasantly surprised to receive a significantly better rate than advertised on the hotel's website.

Once we arrived we were thrilled with our decision. The hotel location is perfect - on a quiet street within a very close walk to the Plaza and very near all of the restaurants that had been recommended to us. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the staff very friendly. The rooms are quite small - as we expected - but plenty of room for the two of us. We liked that each room was diffeent, which added to the character of the hotel. We also enjoyed spending several evenings sitting on the hotels large front patio. The hotel bar was equally impressive with a large selection of specialty drinks that the bartenders took an impressive amount of time and effort to hand craft. And the lobby always had a large container of freshly flavored water (lemon, lime, cucumber) which was a nice and refreshing touch, especially upon returning from a hot day.

All in all, this was a very impressive hotel that seemed to be an excellent value - especially as compared to other high-end, centrally located options.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BlueI
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had a nice stay at the St Francis. Was in Santa Fe on business, and given the time of year, I got a great deal ($100 nt). The room was comfortable, but a little cramped and awkward. A large metal garbage can barely fit in the bathroom, and I was clanging the door into it every time I entered. If my wife was with me, it would have seemed too small. Clearly the historic nature of the St Francis means having to make some sacrifices in the spacing and set up of the rooms. It's part of the charm, but especially for business travelers who need more desk space this may not be the right spot. It also can be cold at night. The furnishing are modern mixed with rustic New Mexican, a nice combination. The lobby is pretty cold and unwelcoming, but the patio out front is nice for a drink in the warmer months. The location can't be beat; around the corner is the Coyote Cafe and many restaurants and shops. Makes it hard to park, but there is a small lot in the back. All in all, one of the nicer central hotels in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank Dough2000
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Having just returned from a two week cross-country driving trip to install my son in college on the east coast, the Hotel Santa Fe was our second stop on the journey and was by far the worst hotel & restaurant experience of the trip. Oh how I wish I had heeded the warnings of the considerable negative reviews I read about this hotel prior to booking it. I am a widely traveled individual, always staying at fine establishments that are well run. This hotel should not be in the hospitality business as they are far from hospitable and obviously very poorly managed. Yes, they have done a fine job designing the hotel renovation but I feel sorry for the owner of the hotel who invested a considerable amount of money in restoration but not in hotel management. From start to finish ours was a miserable experience. Albeit the lobby is stunning and makes you feel like you are in a Spanish Parrador, but beyond that the place has little redeeming qualities. It is true what many reviews state, the room is very small, even though as it turns out we unknowingly booked their largest room because we needed 2 beds. I had a Trip Advisor coupon for an upgrade but was told at checkin that there was no better room. The real problem is that the room is so poorly lit that it feels down-right depressing. Forget reading a book, impossible, and as for putting on makeup in the tiny bathroom, forget it! We also had a very disappointing experience dining at the Tabla restaurant. Because it was a Sunday night, the Mexican restaurant we had planned to eat at was closed so we ventured into the hotel restaurant only to find the hostess too busy to seat us as she was receiving a massage at the front desk from one of the female servers. A waiter finally seated us and then failed to take our order for over 30 minutes while we listened to loud bangs and screeches coming from the kitchen where the cooks seemed to be having a very loud party and the hostess was receiving a massage. It was very uncomfortable listening to that as we wondered if anyone was going to serve us. The Mexican platter we eventually ordered was miniscule and very mediocre, while the price was not inexpensive. It was obvious no one was in charge, the employees were poorly trained and inefficient and the food was barley passable. But, it does not end there. We were hoping to get an early start the next morning but did not plan on having a male hotel employee barge into our room at 7:30am as I was undressing. He announced himself AS he was opening the door, not giving me time to let him know the room was occupied. When we checked out a young, poorly trained girl at the desk asked us how our stay was. I told her about our experience in the restaurant and that I was not pleased that my room was dark and dreary and that I was joined by a male employee as I dressed. She fidgeted and seemed uncomfortable, like she had dealt with many such complaints in the past but finally said that in consideration of our experience she would remove our $9.00 parking fee. "Fine," I said, but better yet, I think your management needs to hear about my complaints. Just then a manager emerged from the back room and acted busy. No effort was made to inform him of my matter as he pretended not to listen as I showed my displeasure. A good hotel manager would have stepped in and taken over. Well, regrettably my story does not end here. About an hour out of town I realized that in my haste to get out of that dreary room I had left my Planner/Daytimer behind. We pulled off the road when we had decent cell coverage and I called the hotel. The girl on the phone promised to call me right back after checking for my planner. I told her I would wait on the side of the road until she called back, fearing that if I drove on I would lose cell coverage. After a 30 minute wait in 100 degree heat we decided to continue on. When I finally got a call back I was very relieved to hear that she had found my planner and made arrangements to have it shipped overnight to the location that I planned to be in 2 days, figuring in an extra day for good measure incase the 1 day air turned into two. I explained in GREAT DETAIL how I was traveling across country by car and would be in a different location every night, but that I needed my planner urgently as it contained all of my trip plans. She took my credit card and insured that she would take care of it immediately that morning. Frankly, in light of our poor experience at the hotel I was not surprised when 2 days later I arrived at my destination for the night, (the home of a friend) only to learn that my planner had not arrived. Ironically, just as I was about to call the hotel my phone rang and it was a Mailing Service calling to verify that I wanted my shipment made 1 day air. As it turns out, the hotel had taken 2 days just to contact an outside service to come pick up my planner for shipment. Thank god the woman called me so that I could circumvent the delivery to another location. As I vented my frustration over the phone about the mismanaged delivery of my planner the mailing service was quick to agree with me that the Hotel St. Francis "Just can't seem to get their act together." They sure proved that to me!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank CeliaAB
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

It is our goal for 100% of our guest to have a positive experience at our hotel. Our goal is to listen, grow, and fix any and all difficulties while they have stayed at Hotel St Francis. This guest clearly appreciated the detailing that our ownership has put into this phenomenal facility but had issues with the services. We have taken this review and distributed to our operation teams. It is our commitment to improve all of our departments.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

My mother and I were looking for a hotel in downtown Santa Fe so that we could be within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Every day that we were there, we kept saying, the St Francis Hotel was the best decision we could have made.

From the moment we checked in and were greeted by Carlos, we knew we were in the right spot. From the housekeeper to the Front Desk (especially Kim, Jamie and Carlos) to the manager BJ...all showing a passion for their positions...they are proud of what they do and they aim to please! And believe me...I gave them a run for it...I must have called the front desk a half a dozen times every day with special, unusual requests...

Being an owner of a small boutique hotel myself, I tend to be a bit neurotic about service, decor, cleanliness and "vibe." Check out my ratings and you'll see they passed with flying colors!

PS...the restaurant are bar were terrific - ate their daily and sometimes even twice!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank HeideP
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My husband and I made a day trip to Santa Fe and stayed at the Hotel St. Francis. We have stayed overnight a few times before. The hotel is located in one of the best spots in Santa Fe for shopping, eating, walking, etc. The Tabla de Los Santos restaurant is located in the Hotel St. Francis. I have to say that The Tabla rivals my most favorite restaurant in Santa Fe, Cafe Pasquales. The restaurants are just across the street from each other. I have eaten at the Tabla now about 4 or 5 times and I absolutely loved each meal! The food freshness (they use local farms as suppliers), the presentation, the light/flavorful sauces and the portion size ( not over stuffed but just right) has made this one of my favorites in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe area. If you are waiting hours to get into Cafe Pasquales, I would highly recommend that you walk across the street to the Hotel St. Francis and try dinning at the Tabla. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple