1,230 results
All reviewstabla de los santossecreto loungesmoked sagerooms are smallfull length mirrorcorner roombeautiful hotelwood floorsfront desk staffbeautiful lobbyhotel barperfect locationstreet noisethird floortwo blocksmain plazareturn to santa fe
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I opened an important museum exhibition in Santa Fe, May 2010, and needed a nice place to stay. Hotel St. Francis is beautifully decorated with charming if slightly old fashioned rooms. Perfect downtown location. Fine restaurant. Lots of activity in outside dining area, bar, and outdoor portal where people happily sat in the morning with their coffee. At $250 for the room, not cheap, but still a good value for the price. I would stay there again any time I could do so.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank uall
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The room was very small, and close to a very noisy bar in the next street. The lighting in the bathroom was very poor. The package price included breakfast which was a disaster, the waitress could not be found, after 10 minutes I went in search and found her in the kitchen. The pakage allowance did not allow an adequate breakfast, items in excess were charged. The waitress was the most surly I have ever encountered in USA.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bogeyUk
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. The Historic
Hotel St. Francis is an elegant boutique hotel that was originally built in
1923. The newly renovated hotel has a historical appearance reflecting the
simple and spiritual style of the Franciscan Order. It tends to provide a
spiritual sense of relaxation and calmness. We offer various sizes of
guestrooms, the smaller standard single queens and the much larger deluxe
kings. During your return trip to Santa Fe. I will evaluate your concern
of the limited lighting in our bathrooms.

As for our restaurant, we want our guests to be met with a well trained
staff that puts guest needs before anything else. I am sorry if this was not
your experience. You can be confident that I will address your concern with
the waitress lack of professionalism. I will also examine our breakfast
package credit. With an average breakfast cost of $8-$9 per entree, we had
estimated that two $15 credits that total $30 per room would have been
adequate for a breakfast seating. I apologize that it did not meet your
needs and I will evaluate this concern with my Chef, as well.

Thank you for brining these issues to our attention. We value your
patronage.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

This hotel is fantastic. Newly restored, they have kept the best of the historic hotel and upgraded the rest. Ancient wood floors, original rolled glass windows with beautiful new fixtures, flat-screen TV's , dimmers on the light switched, incredible bed and linen.... The lobby is sparse, immaculate, warm and inviting with monster, oversized floor candles all around in the evenings. The bar and dining room spills out onto a very chill front balcony where you can relax with a drink and watch it all happen. The vibe in the bar was great, interesting people, great drinks and atmosphere. The whole theme is spotless white with wrought-iron fixtures from another time. The art work is old bXw photos of the hotel and Santa Fe from long ago. Parking on-site (parking is a challenge in S.F.) I loved this place, you can walk to everything and, unfortunately, I was traveling alone because it's off the charts for romance.
Tim in Vail

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
9  Thank Timmerbikes
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This hotel has been made over in the past few years. It is beautiful and a bit like staying in a convent. Spanish style with church accessories. Location is right in the old town center and close to all the tourist attractions. We booked directly with the hotel as they had the best rates and specials. The wireless internet access is free and easy to use.

But we had these disappointments. The standard room is very small but attractive with confortable bed. The sink is in the bedroom and light above was so weak it was hard to shave or apply makeup. No room for a desk or chair in this room. A vending closet was nearby but it contained only a ice machine. But the room had no ice bucket! No morning newspapers at your door. The local rag was in the lobby but where is the USA Today, NY Times, WSJ?? The fitness center is a tiny room with a treadmill, bike and some weights. Pretty lame.

No valet parking. The hotel lot is next door, but when we arrived it was full. we were told to go back an place a sign on our car. Not the most pleasant arrival experience. Parking is $9/day

we would recommend the hotel but suggest you pay up for a bigger room and understand that there are these issues. We have stayed at La Fonda before but werent happy there so tried this one.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DougCort
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor.We are very excited that you enjoyed the location and qualities of our newly renovated hotel. The renovation was inspired by the early presence of the Franciscan missionaries and their significant contributions to New Mexico. The guestrooms reflect a simple pared-down beauty and are furnished with hand crafted furniture created by local artisans. I am also glad that you loved the convenient location of the hotel, right next to the old town center. Due to the architecture of this historic building, some of the standard single guestrooms might be small for some of our guest needs. However, we do offer more spacious guestrooms that would accommodate your specific needs. Please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Santa Fe and I will be happy to upgrade you. Please try to understand that parking is at a premium in downtown Santa Fe and I apologize for our $9 parking fee. Please note that valet parking at the other downtown hotels start at $18 per day and the city lot parking fee starts at $12/Day rate and $24/Overnight rate. We try our best to accomodate our guest needs. In closing, you can be confident that we will follow up on your other comments about the ice bucket and choice of newspaper. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. Your comments are most valuable.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

Hotel St. Francis is an amazing getaway! The hotel is both charming and elegant! It is the perfect haven for a weekend escape for relaxation and rejuvenation. The hotel employees are extremely personable, overly hospitable and very energetic. I could not have had a more enjoyable experience! When you go, ask for Daniel or one of the other mixologists to make you the Spicy Secreto. FABULOUS!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo