“Delightful Experience”
Review of Hotel St. Francis

Hotel St. Francis
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the St. Francis Hotel for 4 nights recently. I stayed at the hotel once prior to renovation and I enjoyed my stay at that time. What a wonderful experience at the newly renovated hotel. The decor is simple, attractive, and tasteful and the lobby music is calming and soothing. The hotel reminds me of a clean unpretentious European hotel. My room was small and efficient and offered great value for the cost. I loved the bedding. the down comforter, the comfortable mattress and the generous six pillows, including several European size, on my single bed. I appreciated the new restaurant. and I think all of Santa Fe will soon discover the talented chef and the excellent meals. The food is attractive, healthy and good! The restaurant staff and hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. I travel to Santa Fe often. St. Francis i will always be my hotel of choice and I highly recommend it. The quality, the price, and the location can't be matched! I have already recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank marthacazenave
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel St. Francis recently and loved it! I wanted to write a review because it appears that this hotel is rated somewhat poorly on Tripadvisor. This may be because the ratings were either before or during the remodeling. From descriptions and pictures, I don’t know if I would even call it a remodeling – it appears to be an entirely new hotel.
First, some people may not like this place. The décor is simple, in keeping with the monastery theme. There aren’t a lot of decorations, and the floors are wood, not carpeted. Personally, I prefer this; it seems much cleaner. Speaking of clean, the hotel is immaculate. Also, the rooms are small, and the sink is in the room, which some guests may not like.
I loved our room: white walls and bedding, with simple wooden floors and furniture. Our room faced south, so it was very bright and airy. We opened the windows to let in a nice breeze. This room was unlike any other hotel room that I’ve seen before, and the bed was very comfortable. Our keys were small wooden crosses with a computer chip. The location is perfect, just a block from the plaza.
Even if you aren’t staying here, stop by to see the lobby in the evening. Calming music plays in the background. It is dark, lit by candles and small lights, and in the center there is a large baptismal font. We sat next to the fireplace on the comfortable couches one evening.
As we were carrying our luggage out on our final morning, a housekeeper approached me and put some Hershey kisses in my hand!
Our cost was $153 per night, including all taxes and a $9 per night parking fee. I would highly recommend the Hotel St. Francis.

7  Thank IlliniTrav
Reviewed April 12, 2010

After a long day of travel the warm glow of Hotel St. Francis welcomes you in and takes hold of your soul. The beautiful yet minimalist Franciscan decor is perfect for soothing the stress of the day. The employees are very friendly, the rooms cozy and the food wonderful. This is a great hotel to relax in, take in the beauty and history of Santa Fe and enjoy New Mexican culture. The hotel is great for small business meetings and ideal for a romantic get away!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank hmp1234
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Great location. Everything is within walking distance. Hotel is very charming and exactly what is expected via the website.

8  Thank luvtotravel056
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I recently stayed at the hotel St. Francis in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This hotel was beautifully appointed and had excellent service. The candle lit (at night) lobby was cozy. Guests could enjoy a glass of wine from the lobby bar while seated by a wood burning fireplace.

I had an oversized guest room that overlooked the front of the hotel. The rustic interior decor was true to the originating theme of the Franciscan Order - the namesake of the hotel.
The bed was so comfortable...I almost forgot where I was!!!

The restaurant,Tabla de Los Santos is amazing!!! Chef Estevan Garcia insists on organic food preparation!! Try the Chile Relleno...it’s to die for!!! I told Chef Estevan....he needs to "throw down" with Chef Bobby Flay from the Food Network!!!

I would highly recommend this property. Its spiritual connection is calming and helps to rejuvenate the soul.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank AGR1123
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Hotel St. Francis is beautiful. The lobby is calm and welcoming. The front desk staff is the best. The rooms were small, but comfortable. I absolutely love the look of the hotel. A plus - Aveda products.

The only drawback to Hotel St. Francis was the restaurant Tabla. The food was good but the service was incredibly slow and non-responsive. The staff in the restaurant were more concerned with themselves and conversation with each other than with interacting with the customers. . . very disappointing service. The nice thing is that there are plenty of incredible restaurants around the hotel with great service. My advice, don't eat at Tabla.

7  Thank kjshrum
RoomsMgr, Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

"Hotel St Francis Getaway"

Thank you for staying at the Hotel St. Francis. Your comments that the hotel looked beautiful and that the lobby was calm and welcoming was very much appreciated. I also appreciate your comment stating that the front desk staff is the best. With our newly completed renovation, the hotel has undergone a major transformation. The spectacular changes allow our guest to experience an even more historical and authentic cultural experience. The hotel is designed in a style where peace and tranquility are the key design elements.Here, utter simplicity is an exacting art. Additionally, our guestrooms are furnished with hand-crafted furniture created by Santa Fe artisans.

I am glad that you liked the food in our restaurant. At the Tabla de Los Santos, the hotels beautiful three meal restaurant, our guests enjoy food based upon local traditions and incorporating the freshest ingredients available from the local Farmer's Market. Although you enjoyed the food, I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for the disappointing service. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. The service that you experienced was not indicative of what we offer. I will personally follow up on your concern to correct our service. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

Checking into the hotel was easy and the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The loby was beautiful and the hotel bar had a good selection of cocktail. The room was a little bit on the small size, but that did not bother my boyfriend and I. Overall, we had a wonderful stay, and we would stay at the Hotel St. Francis again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple