Hotel St. Francis
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
$229
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$206
$189
  • Restaurant
$197
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$249
$179
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
$134
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$319
1,188 results
All reviewstabla de los santossecreto loungesmoked sagerooms are smallfull length mirrorbeautiful hotelfront desk staffbeautiful lobbywood floorshotel barperfect locationstreet noisevisit to santa fethird floorper daytwo blocksmain plaza
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked the St. Francis because of its reputation and location. Disappointments happened from the start.
At check-in we told the desk we were a disabled parking space because one of us is actually disabled. When we asked for a luggage cart, we were told none were available, so I started hauling our bags up. In the hall on the way to our room, we had to step around a professional photographer who had his gear piled on one of the luggage carts. Heading back to the car, skirting the photag, I found a cart being unloaded by a guest at another room and got it. Returning to my room with a full cart, dodging the hard working photags,I was trailed by our same check-in clerk who wanted the cart for a guest, one obviously more important than us, because he hadn't offered to track down a cart for us, even though he knew one of us was disabled.
Our room was charming but tiny. The armoire was quite overbearing and housed the TV, very poor picture quality, and drawers and hanging space two and a half feet long, not adequate for most any shirt or blouse, forget about a dress. There was a tray with glasses and bottled water but not an ice bucket. We had to call for one. No coffee in the room and downstairs simple coffee was expensive.
We checked out a day early, telling the clerk that our room was too small, and he didn't offer another for any price.
This was not a first class experience we had expected.

Room Tip: Choose a larger room. The mountain facing rooms would be nice.
5  Thank WildflowerMama
RoomsMgr, Front Office Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at the Hotel St. Francis. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and clearly our staff failed to truly provide you the service that is expected from the Hotel St. Francis. These comments will be addressed with the appropriate departments so we can ensure we train our staff to provide the excellence in service that you and all guests deserve. We look forward to providing you with the service you deserve in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We loved this place. We read reviews before going and people complained about the size of the rooms, but we thought they were perfect. Who needs a huge room when it is clean, quiet - well, like a monks quarters.

The hotel is located right downtown so we walked everywhere we wanted to go,which we love. The front porch of the hotel was delightful, we would sit out there every time we had a chance to read, have a drink, people watch. We can't say enough about how enjoyable this hotel was and how friendly everybody was.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ArizonaLife
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Francis in September. We originally planned to stay two nights, but left after the first night. Anyone wanting to stay here should be aware of just how small the rooms are. There is no place to hang your clothes. There is no place to put your luggage except on the floor, and then be careful because you could trip on it. Our room had one chair and it was a hard wooden straight chair. The in room sink was right at the end of our bed. The lighting is more than awful. It is not much better than candles. It is absolutely impossible to read in the lobby at night (we tried). The lobby at night is like a big unlit cavern. The hotel is almost totally lacking in amenities that you would usually expect from a hotel at this price. I realize it is an historic property. The decor is supposed to be quasi-monastic, and believe me you feel like a monk in a cell when you are in your room. The only good thing about the hotel is its location right off the plaza.

Room Tip: The guidebooks say to request a deluxe room, and maybe that would be an improvement. The price of a standard room is already very expensive, tho'.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marilyn b
Reviewed October 23, 2011

On a recent trip to Santa Fe as part of a longer vacation we booked a three night stay in the St Francis Hotel based partially on a lot of positiev reviews of others who have stayed there, boy were we disappointed and that is putting it mildly.

Small rooms is the understatement, no room to swing a cat springs to mind, no free coffee or other similar facilities in the room, a bright idea of present management (after a recent trip to view/assess hotels in Europe), however $5.00 a small cafeterie is a bit much. This idea however is far brighter that the lighting in the room we had - Room 229 I know and support conservation but this is a joke. Their cancellation policy is a bit much too 72 hours notice before commencement of stay. What happened to the consumer's rights if the reason for any cancellation is valid and a necessity. Comment form filled in at hotel I doubt if anything will surface from this.

Our view of this hotel is that it is overpriced and over rated. Tread warily when booking hotels on other's comments - dig deeper and you may unearth better value with less decoration.

Room Tip: Look around there are far better deals in Santa Fe than this hotel for the dollar you may have in your pocket.
2  Thank Michael M
RoomsMgr, Front Office Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. As a member of the National Registry for Historic Hotels, preservation of the structure is a very important thing which means I can do nothing about the size of the rooms. As for the rest of the items you were disappointed in, I want to assure you I take your comments very seriously and intend to pursue further action in correcting these issues. Although it may seem our hotel was not what you expected, I do appreciate your staying with us.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

My Husband I decided on a trip to Santa Fe for our anniversary after finding a deal for this hotel on Sniqueaway. We booked this hotel without really knowing much about the city or the hotel, and after our 3 day stay, we are really glad we took the chance.

Like MANY of the reviews say, the rooms here are small. We were prepared for it, so it wasn't a shocker when we opened the door and saw the bed took up the majority of the room. I felt like the designers made great use of the space by positioning furniture with adequate draw space, good closet, and a bench/hangers for your suitcase and clothes. I liked the overall modern/simple decor throughout the room and the hotel itself. I loved the lobby and outdoor seating area. My Husband and I partook in tea time because I love tea, and our waitress was so sweet and friendly. We loved the experience of having tea and relaxing in the open lobby. The conciege lady was so sweet and offered us great suggestions for a day trip, as well as how to get to certain places. She was very friendly and even followed up with us to see how we enjoyed her suggestions.

The only complaints I have about Hotel St. Francis are that it can get rather noisey when you are trying to sleep. The walls are thin and when people walk in the lobby or when the maids are cleaning nearby rooms, you can hear everything. I think they should add some kind of fan unit to provide some white noise in the rooms and encourage their staff and hotel guest to be quite in hallway areas during the morning and evening hours.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for couples vacationing in Santa Fe. The location cannot be beat for the price. Everything you could ever want to see/do/eat is within walking distance, which was by far are favorite part of the hotel. Again, we are so glad we chose Santa Fe and the Hotel St. Francis for our romantic anniversary getaway!

Room Tip: Room 211 was small, but had a nice view of the fall leaves changing and the nearby stores across the street. It was overlooking the parking lot, but that wasn't too noisy.
4  Thank travelfoodie1018