All reviewsturn down servicecookiesgas fireplaceperfect locationsuperior kingboutique hotelhalf blockmain plazasmall hotelwonderful hotelhousekeeping staffperfect staythird floorcomfortable roomsbeautiful roomnew mexicolong weekend
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Beautiful room, terrific staff, and very quiet even though it's just off the Plaza. The turn-down service was amazing, everything clean, pretty much perfect. I have to say that I got a great deal on this room and, as nice as it was, I don't think I'd want to pay what they charge for full tariff. We were dog-tired after a full day, so we just went down to the restaurant and had a wonderful meal.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Incognito-one
Reviewed September 24, 2008

My husband and I have just returned from SantaFe, New Mexico.We were fortunate to have been able to stay at the Inn of The Anasazi. This was a great place and great location. The Inn was so convenient to shopping , restaurants, galleries and historical sites. It was just great. I usually am not a huge fan of the "southwest look" or decor, however this was such a beautiful place,was well appointed, with just the right mix of southwest,elegance, and comfort. The inn was exceptionally clean, in the common area's and in the rooms.Extremely nice products and accomodations. The staff was excellent, especially considering we were with a large group.The housekeeping was more than you could ask for, with turn-down service, cookies, robe, slippers ,humidifier every night. Always well stocked refrig with reasonable priced soda's, juice etc. Water was provided at the desk anytime and also in the room. Many special touches, coffee in the room and in the library in the morning and lemonade in the evening. All the staff members were just excellent. The bathroom products were the best(Lady Primrose) one of my favorites. I would definitely not hesitate to visit this property again.Some other "good finds "in the area was the Plaza Cafe, which is great for anytime, but we only had breakfast,
in the cafe,much like a small town local diner/cafe, with great
food ,service and prices(very clean). I could go on and on, with only good comments, hope this will help others decide on the Inn of The Anasazi.

• Stayed: September 2008
5  Thank Candace T
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Excellent hotel! One of Rosewood’s best! I have stayed at The Carlyle many times and know what stellar service should entail. The staff at the Inn of the Anasazi sure do have this nailed down. They are friendly, professional, smart, personable, and delightful people who take nothing but the best care of their guests!

We checked out of the Holiday Inn as we were simply passing through on our way up to Taos, what a place to stay. The rooms were rundown, the staff was rude, and the managers do not care. .

We went to The Anasazi the next night and found out stay nothing short of amazingly perfect!

The front desk staff, Adriana and Joshua are a wonderful asset to this hotel! Both had no problem dropping what they were doing to assist us and they had a genuine smile on their faces as they did! Adrianna was friendly and knew anything I asked about the hotel! She recommended something in the restaurant she willingly said she had never tried, and this was by FAR the best food we had while we were in Santa Fe (even though it was only two nights). I highly recommend this restaurant even if you are not staying at the hotel. The menu might throw you back a little bit with it’s steep prices but once you get the flavor filled entrees in your mouth you will think you underpaid! The sorbets are full of flavor and are to die for. The raspberry is completely, completely, one of the best sorbets I have ever had.

My 19 year old son broke his iPod on the drive down so I asked Joshua where there was a Circuit City, he mentioned Santa Fe didn’t have one but did have a Best Buy (I am not particularly a Best Buy fan with more than half the staff being children). I asked how to get there anyway, I was told to go down Saint Francis and then down Zea, then down pretty much all the way and Best Buy would be on my right (in much more detail, keep reading). What was more than just amazing is he knew how many stop lights from the hotel, to the store (he even knew of the one stop-sign in the parking lot of a local pet shop just before Best Buy). This was completely not expected and he should definitely be praised for this! This young man knows his stuff, dead on because his directions and number of stop lights were 100% correct. This is the kind of service every hotel needs!

Tania, the conciege was very helpful as well! She knew about most of the galleries and mentioned a few we might enjoy based off of what we liked, she was absolutely correct in her recommendations. She also mentioned we try Geronimo's where the old Chef here, now runs. On our way back from Taos we stopped by there and it was very, very, very good!! Rich and flavorful, very elegant!

The room we were in was a bit small BUT very enjoyable. The beds are comfortable and high which is typically not common. We both loved it (not for everyone). The rooms are in my wife’s words “delicately cozy”. The turndown service is very nice, the robes and humidifier are a very nice touch! The cookies we had this night were out of this world as well. They had some sort of nut in them with a bit of a spice in the end. As the room attendants were servicing other rooms we asked if we would have a few more. A perfect night time treat! These should be sold in the mini bar over the chocolate chip cookies which were currently in there.

The only negative thing about this hotel is the noise at 3 or 4 in the morning. There were loud trucks emptying the dumpsters. This was a bit of a shock seeing as how we were paying over $400 for this room. This may have been a random occurrence but a very unnecessary one. For the service and attention the staff gave to us, I would gladly pay double the price and endure the noise again. I will be staying with them when I pass through Santa Fe again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank HillsGuy
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for two nights recently. Our room was perfectly clean and luxuriously appointed. The employees were friendly and exceptionally helpful. The Inn is well located in the busy Plaza area, but it is perfectly quiet inside. Stay here, and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank Alexsandrah
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This is an excellent hotel - we completely enjoyed our stay here. My wife and I stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi for our combined Honeymoon and First Anniversary trip. After making our reservations for a traditional king room I wanted to make some special arrangements to surprise my wife upon arrival. I talked to Billie, one of the concierges, and asked her to arrange for flowers, wine and cheese to be in the room upon our arrival. She did an excellent job of coordinating all of the details I requested and she could not have done a better job. She had a local florist create a unique and beautiful arrangement, selected a very nice bottle of wine, and had a wonderful fruit and cheese plate made for us. Upon our arrival the front desk was aware this was a special trip for us and greeted us warmly, personally, and congratulated us on our marriage. When we got to our room my wife was truly surprised, and I was very impressed by the beauty of the flowers and that all of my requests had been fulfilled. Billie is an excellent concierge and is an asset to this hotel.

The next morning she casually introduced us to the hotel chef and told him we were dining in the hotel restaurant that night. We had a wonderful dinner that night. Not only is the food fantastic at the hotel, but the chef sent out two special treats for us because he knew it was a special occassion for us. Again, the hotel impressed us with the high level of service provided - the chef and Billie again should be commended.

We loved our room - the beds are extremely comfortable and the fireplace created a romantic setting for us. The robs and nightly turn-down service made each night in our room very comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel - excellent service, excellent rooms and great food. We will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple