All reviews turn down service cookies gas fireplace perfect location superior king boutique hotel half block main plaza small hotel wonderful hotel housekeeping staff perfect stay third floor comfortable rooms beautiful room new mexico long weekend
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Excellent hotel! One of Rosewood’s best! I have stayed at The Carlyle many times and know what stellar service should entail. The staff at the Inn of the Anasazi sure do have this nailed down. They are friendly, professional, smart, personable, and delightful people who take nothing but the best care of their guests!

We checked out of the Holiday Inn as we were simply passing through on our way up to Taos, what a place to stay. The rooms were rundown, the staff was rude, and the managers do not care. .

We went to The Anasazi the next night and found out stay nothing short of amazingly perfect!

The front desk staff, Adriana and Joshua are a wonderful asset to this hotel! Both had no problem dropping what they were doing to assist us and they had a genuine smile on their faces as they did! Adrianna was friendly and knew anything I asked about the hotel! She recommended something in the restaurant she willingly said she had never tried, and this was by FAR the best food we had while we were in Santa Fe (even though it was only two nights). I highly recommend this restaurant even if you are not staying at the hotel. The menu might throw you back a little bit with it’s steep prices but once you get the flavor filled entrees in your mouth you will think you underpaid! The sorbets are full of flavor and are to die for. The raspberry is completely, completely, one of the best sorbets I have ever had.

My 19 year old son broke his iPod on the drive down so I asked Joshua where there was a Circuit City, he mentioned Santa Fe didn’t have one but did have a Best Buy (I am not particularly a Best Buy fan with more than half the staff being children). I asked how to get there anyway, I was told to go down Saint Francis and then down Zea, then down pretty much all the way and Best Buy would be on my right (in much more detail, keep reading). What was more than just amazing is he knew how many stop lights from the hotel, to the store (he even knew of the one stop-sign in the parking lot of a local pet shop just before Best Buy). This was completely not expected and he should definitely be praised for this! This young man knows his stuff, dead on because his directions and number of stop lights were 100% correct. This is the kind of service every hotel needs!

Tania, the conciege was very helpful as well! She knew about most of the galleries and mentioned a few we might enjoy based off of what we liked, she was absolutely correct in her recommendations. She also mentioned we try Geronimo's where the old Chef here, now runs. On our way back from Taos we stopped by there and it was very, very, very good!! Rich and flavorful, very elegant!

The room we were in was a bit small BUT very enjoyable. The beds are comfortable and high which is typically not common. We both loved it (not for everyone). The rooms are in my wife’s words “delicately cozy”. The turndown service is very nice, the robes and humidifier are a very nice touch! The cookies we had this night were out of this world as well. They had some sort of nut in them with a bit of a spice in the end. As the room attendants were servicing other rooms we asked if we would have a few more. A perfect night time treat! These should be sold in the mini bar over the chocolate chip cookies which were currently in there.

The only negative thing about this hotel is the noise at 3 or 4 in the morning. There were loud trucks emptying the dumpsters. This was a bit of a shock seeing as how we were paying over $400 for this room. This may have been a random occurrence but a very unnecessary one. For the service and attention the staff gave to us, I would gladly pay double the price and endure the noise again. I will be staying with them when I pass through Santa Fe again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank HillsGuy
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Inn for two nights recently. Our room was perfectly clean and luxuriously appointed. The employees were friendly and exceptionally helpful. The Inn is well located in the busy Plaza area, but it is perfectly quiet inside. Stay here, and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank Alexsandrah
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This is an excellent hotel - we completely enjoyed our stay here. My wife and I stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi for our combined Honeymoon and First Anniversary trip. After making our reservations for a traditional king room I wanted to make some special arrangements to surprise my wife upon arrival. I talked to Billie, one of the concierges, and asked her to arrange for flowers, wine and cheese to be in the room upon our arrival. She did an excellent job of coordinating all of the details I requested and she could not have done a better job. She had a local florist create a unique and beautiful arrangement, selected a very nice bottle of wine, and had a wonderful fruit and cheese plate made for us. Upon our arrival the front desk was aware this was a special trip for us and greeted us warmly, personally, and congratulated us on our marriage. When we got to our room my wife was truly surprised, and I was very impressed by the beauty of the flowers and that all of my requests had been fulfilled. Billie is an excellent concierge and is an asset to this hotel.

The next morning she casually introduced us to the hotel chef and told him we were dining in the hotel restaurant that night. We had a wonderful dinner that night. Not only is the food fantastic at the hotel, but the chef sent out two special treats for us because he knew it was a special occassion for us. Again, the hotel impressed us with the high level of service provided - the chef and Billie again should be commended.

We loved our room - the beds are extremely comfortable and the fireplace created a romantic setting for us. The robs and nightly turn-down service made each night in our room very comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel - excellent service, excellent rooms and great food. We will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AFL95
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Booked two rooms in February for an 4 day Santa Fe stay in August with our two 20-year-old children. Rooms were beautiful and extremely comfortable. This hotel has great service and mostly friendly helpful staff. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but we found the outside tables had better service than inside. Our main room had a balcony and we used it every night. This hotel is convenient to everything in Santa Fe and we only moved our car when we went fly fishing one day. The concierge was really helpful to all four of us. The rooms/bathrooms were among the very nicest that we have ever stayed in...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank KentuckyMagpie
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I agree with everything the prior reviewer said. Before this hotel we stayed for two nights at a lovely B&B (Hacienda Nicholas) for $275 including all taxes, free parking, delicious homecooked breakfast and free wine and cheese reception. They only had two nights and we booked our last two nights for Inn of the Anasazi, where we paid exactly $550 per night (after taxes and valet $17/day-base rate before tax was $459 for a superior king) . We were not disappointed in either experience. I t hink the key to success in traveling is managing your expectations and try to figure out what you're getting. The ecology-minded B&B kept the rooms at an unchanged 74 degrees and we hit there in a heat wave. It felt HOT. At Inn of the Anasazi they send you an email in advance asking you what temperature you like your room to be (but they lost my responses!). It was nice to be able to adjust our own temperature. It was nice to have a concierge (Tanya was great) to make recommendations and reservations and she hit deadon with all of them. I felt like she adjusted her recommendations to us. We even went there before we checked in while we were still in the B&B and had her make us some reservations. The shower amenities were great. Hey I popped a button and there was a sewing kit in the room! We had such a great time at the opera on Sat. night when we were at the B&B, we went again our last night when we were at Inn of the Anasazi. The first time we rushed through a delicious meal before the opera at the Coyote Cafe (fabulous). It was nice on our last night to eat a convenient light meal at the hotel bar and have a cocktail (you can't do that at a B&B). They keep the room stocked with free Fuji water and will give you a cold one at the front desk when you leave the hotel. I won't say it was perfect (they asked what newspaper we wanted in the morning and then never delivered it - but hey I got one at the front desk)-the rooms are dark as has been mentioned by other reviewers, but all in all it felt perfect for us and a nice splurge, after the equally successful B&B. We felt we averaged out the price by staying at two places. We were so busy in wonderful Santa Fe, we barely set foot in the room, but it was nice to flick through the channels on the perfectly large enough flat screen TV before bed. I like large rooms and I would say I was not disappointed in the size of the basic room. Go to Santa Fe!!!! It's great. Restaurants we tried and loved: Coyote Cafe (elk tenderloin and surf and turf tartare appetizer to die for), Cafe Pasqual (wonderful fun neighborhoody place - get the garlic fries), Plaza Cafe on the Plaza for lunch (great diner), La Casa Sena (lovely outdoor setting better than the perfectly adequate food , but did like the trout baked in adobe). Fell in love with the opera (we went twice and had never been before). Go to museums on Friday 5-8 when they are free, go hiking at Bandelier, get healed at Santuario de Chimayo. Take a cooking class at Santa Fe School of Cooking. Just go to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple