All reviews turn down service cookies gas fireplace perfect location superior king boutique hotel half block main plaza small hotel wonderful hotel housekeeping staff perfect stay third floor comfortable rooms beautiful room new mexico long weekend
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This is an excellent hotel - we completely enjoyed our stay here. My wife and I stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi for our combined Honeymoon and First Anniversary trip. After making our reservations for a traditional king room I wanted to make some special arrangements to surprise my wife upon arrival. I talked to Billie, one of the concierges, and asked her to arrange for flowers, wine and cheese to be in the room upon our arrival. She did an excellent job of coordinating all of the details I requested and she could not have done a better job. She had a local florist create a unique and beautiful arrangement, selected a very nice bottle of wine, and had a wonderful fruit and cheese plate made for us. Upon our arrival the front desk was aware this was a special trip for us and greeted us warmly, personally, and congratulated us on our marriage. When we got to our room my wife was truly surprised, and I was very impressed by the beauty of the flowers and that all of my requests had been fulfilled. Billie is an excellent concierge and is an asset to this hotel.

The next morning she casually introduced us to the hotel chef and told him we were dining in the hotel restaurant that night. We had a wonderful dinner that night. Not only is the food fantastic at the hotel, but the chef sent out two special treats for us because he knew it was a special occassion for us. Again, the hotel impressed us with the high level of service provided - the chef and Billie again should be commended.

We loved our room - the beds are extremely comfortable and the fireplace created a romantic setting for us. The robs and nightly turn-down service made each night in our room very comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel - excellent service, excellent rooms and great food. We will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AFL95
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Booked two rooms in February for an 4 day Santa Fe stay in August with our two 20-year-old children. Rooms were beautiful and extremely comfortable. This hotel has great service and mostly friendly helpful staff. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but we found the outside tables had better service than inside. Our main room had a balcony and we used it every night. This hotel is convenient to everything in Santa Fe and we only moved our car when we went fly fishing one day. The concierge was really helpful to all four of us. The rooms/bathrooms were among the very nicest that we have ever stayed in...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank KentuckyMagpie
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I agree with everything the prior reviewer said. Before this hotel we stayed for two nights at a lovely B&B (Hacienda Nicholas) for $275 including all taxes, free parking, delicious homecooked breakfast and free wine and cheese reception. They only had two nights and we booked our last two nights for Inn of the Anasazi, where we paid exactly $550 per night (after taxes and valet $17/day-base rate before tax was $459 for a superior king) . We were not disappointed in either experience. I t hink the key to success in traveling is managing your expectations and try to figure out what you're getting. The ecology-minded B&B kept the rooms at an unchanged 74 degrees and we hit there in a heat wave. It felt HOT. At Inn of the Anasazi they send you an email in advance asking you what temperature you like your room to be (but they lost my responses!). It was nice to be able to adjust our own temperature. It was nice to have a concierge (Tanya was great) to make recommendations and reservations and she hit deadon with all of them. I felt like she adjusted her recommendations to us. We even went there before we checked in while we were still in the B&B and had her make us some reservations. The shower amenities were great. Hey I popped a button and there was a sewing kit in the room! We had such a great time at the opera on Sat. night when we were at the B&B, we went again our last night when we were at Inn of the Anasazi. The first time we rushed through a delicious meal before the opera at the Coyote Cafe (fabulous). It was nice on our last night to eat a convenient light meal at the hotel bar and have a cocktail (you can't do that at a B&B). They keep the room stocked with free Fuji water and will give you a cold one at the front desk when you leave the hotel. I won't say it was perfect (they asked what newspaper we wanted in the morning and then never delivered it - but hey I got one at the front desk)-the rooms are dark as has been mentioned by other reviewers, but all in all it felt perfect for us and a nice splurge, after the equally successful B&B. We felt we averaged out the price by staying at two places. We were so busy in wonderful Santa Fe, we barely set foot in the room, but it was nice to flick through the channels on the perfectly large enough flat screen TV before bed. I like large rooms and I would say I was not disappointed in the size of the basic room. Go to Santa Fe!!!! It's great. Restaurants we tried and loved: Coyote Cafe (elk tenderloin and surf and turf tartare appetizer to die for), Cafe Pasqual (wonderful fun neighborhoody place - get the garlic fries), Plaza Cafe on the Plaza for lunch (great diner), La Casa Sena (lovely outdoor setting better than the perfectly adequate food , but did like the trout baked in adobe). Fell in love with the opera (we went twice and had never been before). Go to museums on Friday 5-8 when they are free, go hiking at Bandelier, get healed at Santuario de Chimayo. Take a cooking class at Santa Fe School of Cooking. Just go to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank iblaurajc
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My wife and I, with our three teenage sons, stayed at the Inn for three nights in June 08 at the beginning of a week long trip through the Four Corners region. She and I had previously stayed here on a prior trip to Santa Fe. The hotel is expensive, but quiet (with one exception noted below), very comfortable and well-situated to explore Santa Fe. The rooms are not large, but reasonably well appointed, with an exceptionally comfortable bed. Rooms in most luxury hotels at this price would likely be bigger with more spacious bathrooms, but this is a smallish hotel, where the rate is a product more of the location and the reliability of the Rosewood brand. Check in was smooth and the staff, especially the parking valet, was prompt and helpful. Our sons, during down time, enjoyed the full cable and wifi availability. We paid in the low 300s for our rooms; as much as we enjoyed the hotel, were the rate higher I might have second thoughts. There is no fitness center and the only restaurant is somewhat "upper crust." However, Santa Fe is reknowned for its dining options (don't miss breakfast at Cafe Pasqual), and the location has its benefits. One smallish complaint - one side of the hotel adjoins an alley where trash dumpsters are located, and I don't know whether it is the hotel itself or the restaurant next door that is responsible, but the trash truck arrives at around 3 am to collect the garbage, with lots of accompanying noise, and if you are a light sleeper or have the window open for some fresh air, it will definitely wake you up. One would think this minor detail could be dealt with at a property with this level of service and class.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
8  Thank ScottDC
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Our room was large with plenty of windows. The design and colors are perfect for this area of the country. Service is close to immediate. This is a Rosewood Hotel so you kind of expect this.
The restaurant has fine Southwestern food and the bar is cozy. Highly recommended. This is not a discount property--you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple