All reviewsturn down servicecookiesgas fireplacesuperior kingboutique hotelperfect locationhalf blockmain plazasmall hotelwonderful hotelhousekeeping staffperfect staythird floorcomfortable roomsbeautiful roomnew mexicofitness center
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We spent three nights at the Inn of the Anasazi, and were delighted. We made the (good) choice of a second tier room, which was almost perfect. The size and fittings were excellent - just add more power points! A good bed, tables, chairs, space and cupboard, plus a coffee machine which was much appreciated. The most important thing was the incredibly helpful staff at all times and locations. Our car was Valeted and there was no issue in requesting its availability at any time. The restaurant is good, and breakfast was first class, especially when we sat on the street-side. If you are looking for a "Modern Flash Hotel" then this is not your five-star choice, but then you would not come to Santa Fe other than to experience the true SF style! We love it and will come back. Finally, the location is PERFECT.

Room Tip: Take the second or third option up the price tree.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vikingolly
InnOfTheAnasazi, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hello "Vikingolly"! Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff. Your comments go a long way to reassure us that we are doing all we can to ensure each stay with us is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We hope to welcome you back very soon! Yours sincerely, Sandra Finlay, Managing Director

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just had two weeks in glorious New Mexico, one of these weeks we stayed at the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. From the moment we stepped into the lobby we were seeped within the rich tradition of Native American, Spanish and Mexican influences. From the hand spun navaho rugs to the authentic stone and wood floors and the vidas ceilings, this adobe building (used to be a prison I think) exudes warmth and understated charm. Singer Jesus, and his spanish guitar, added a romantic touch to the restaurant in the evenings. This hotel doesn't feel at all touristy and I hope they keep it this way. The staff are friendly and on the ball but aren't in your face with, "Your welcome" and "Have a nice day" at every turn, but rather move to a more authentic rhythm of this most unique city. The atmosphere is laid back country town but with just the right amount of sophistication. The concierge's (Bob and Gloria) provided more than just knowledge of the area but seemed to be attuned at a much deeper level with the region, the people and the customs and we enjoyed fascinating conversations with them in the wonderful large, cool library with it's endless supply of delicious house-baked cookies and fresh melon water. During our time in Santa Fe we ate at most of the top restaurants including 'Geronimo's' (the pork chop was dry- but don't be surprised to find yourself sitting next to Robert Redford, if that's any compensation!), La Bouche (the profiteroles had a great chocolate sauce but the choux pastry was like cardboard and tasteless and sin of all sins they were filled with ice-cream instead of fresh, unsweetened cream), Pascales (the halibut had a sour taste, like it had been sprayed with 'smoke flavour') and 'Coyote Grill' which was great, but we enjoyed the food at the Anasazi the best, especially the 'Watermelon and avocado gaspacho', and the Ahi Tuna Taco's, and the chef's olive oil cake is perfect. We needed to stay an extra night and even though it was Indian Market weekend and the hotel was full, they put us up in a room which is a 'work in progress' model for the hotel's renovation this spring. It was larger than the traditional rooms, has more modern fittings and the bed was lower (apparently some of the older guests have trouble climbing on and off the traditional high beds - although one guest remarked to us his kids loved the high beds because they could play underneath them). At night we slept with the shutters wide open breathing in the New Mexican summer night air which has a velvet quality like nowhere else. Santa Fe is a unique and gorgeous place, the traffic here must be the most polite on the planet (they stop half way down the road to let you cross) and in our two weeks didn't hear one car horn. If you do get to visit make sure you go to the open air Opera House, one of the few places on earth where the show has to compete with the magnificent desert sunsets and lightning displays. Oh, and if you do don't be surprised if Shirley McClaine happens to sit down beside you!

Room Tip: Room 302 is wonderful in that it is large and sunny.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LilyA336
InnOfTheAnasazi, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello "LilyA336"! Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff. It’s wonderful to hear your detailed account of the places and restaurant you visited in Santa Fe as well as your sharing with us your experience in the restaurant. Your comments go a long way to reassure us that we are doing all we can to ensure each stay with us is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We’d love for you to join us again in the near future and appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at the Hotel with us here on TripAdvisor! Yours sincerely, Sandra Finlay, Managing Director

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here recently and found the overall experience lacking. The front desk staff were very friendly. Regarding the rooms, I understand space is at a premium in downtown areas especially in a historic city like Santa Fe but they could have made the space they had a little nicer, especially at this price point. The bathrooms look as if they haven't been remodeled in sometime, in fact the whole room looked a little worn.
The room service breakfast was very good. The patio restaurant food was average however the service was poor and inatentive.
When I visit Santa Fe again I will choose a different place to stay.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms afford much needed space in such small rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SteveNCal
InnOfTheAnasazi, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello "SteveNCal"! Thank you for your very thoughtful review following your recent stay with us and I am very sorry that on this occasion, we did not satisfy your needs. I am pleased to note your comments on the friendliness of our Front desk staff as well as the poor service you received in the restaurant. Your feedback provides us with the opportunity to address our services accordingly. With regard to the property, I am happy to be able to let you know that the hotel will be undergoing a total guest room renovation which is planned in January of 2014 with completion end of March 2014. We hope that you will reconsider staying wtih us again and I would appreciate your calling me directly at 505-9464008 to assist with your reservations. Yours sincerely, Sandra Finlay, Managing Director

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent an evening at the Inn of the Anasazi in the middle of a road trip full of freeway motels. What a delightful respite. The location is perfect; right in the middle of the historic area. I can't imagine a better location. The physical plant (including the public area and the room) was just right but understated. No glitz, just everything as it should be. We had a room on the third floor with an unfortunate view of the parking lot of a neighboring building but it was quiet and very comfortable.

Staff was wonderful with a very helpful, can do attitude. i made the reservation online the day before and my fat fingers selected the wrong day on my iPad. On arrival it took a minute to discover the error but they were gracious and accommodating, quickly making the necessary adjustments. The concierge was very helpful in suggesting sights to focus on in the short time we had available to us.

My only complaint was with the restaurant, which, to her credit, the concierge didn't plug. The food was wonderful (memorable even) but the wine service needed help. The first bottle I ordered was out of stock. The second was brought to me but the vintage was different than that on the list and the difference was not noted to me - - I had to point it out. After dinner I ordered a Port which was not available and then ordered a vin santo instead which also was not available. Really? This was a Wednesday evening following a busy weekend. With even a little effort the inventory can be restocked or the wine list re-printed. This was not five star service.

Having said that, I will gladly return. When I am in Santa Fe next I am very likely to stay there again. Just hoping that the wine service will be improved...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank km060
InnOfTheAnasazi, General Manager at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hello "Km060"! Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Santa Fe and the Inn and that we were able to assist you with your reservations. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff. The issues with our Wine List is unacceptable and I very much appreciate your pointing it out for my immediate attention. Please rest assured that I will take the appropriate measures to correct this. Thank you again and I look forward to your future visit with us soon. Yours sincerely, Sandra Finlay, Managing Director

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We thought the hotel was very nice but not five star. The rooms were very small and not five star quality. The out door patio for the room was nice, we had breakfast out there.

The service at the outside patio restaurant was not five star, seemed like the servers were just going thru the motions. Food was good. The location was downtown which we liked but did not have a pool or a nice out door patio or sitting area. When we returned our car at the car rental center / airport we found the bumper had a large crack in it. We called the hotel to let them know one of the employees who parked the car during our stay had cracked the bumper. We have not got a call back yet.

Again nice hotel but not five star and next time we will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Don B

Hello "Don B". Thank you for your very thoughtful review of the hotel following your recent stay with us and for your kind compliments on the food. I do apologize that the service you received was not up to our usual high standard however, I do appreciate that you brought this to our attention. With regard your rental car, unfortunately our Front Office Manager's attempt to reach out to you was unsuccessful and we were unable to provide you with pertinent details regarding the vehicle. We truly hope this incident will not deter you from staying with us and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future. Yours sincerely, Sandra Finlay, Managing Director