“small and nice”

Ranked #17 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Rockledge, Florida
“small and nice”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Within walking distance to town but out of the way from traffic rooms were clean breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful and nice. Really made you feel at home. The room decor really made you feel like the southwest

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Billl1256

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
east texas usa
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We've been on the road for 19 days now, and the Guadalupe Inn is our second to last night out. We stay ONLY in independent hotels/motels, a lot of them historic, and this has been voted by my family as the BEST place we've ever stayed.
We live in a log home, so the huge-beamed ceilings are a welcome sight and everything about it is honest and true- no 'faux Southwest' here.
The room is huge- our son had his own room, there's a sitting area w/fireplace and I'm typing this on the private balcony overlooking the mountains. Seriously.

Room Tip: Room #4 is AWESOME- get it if you can :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at The Guadalupe Inn with a friend for a weekend in May. I was very pleased with everything about the inn. The rooms were immaculately clean, and ours (which I think was #4) had a very nice balcony, which was somewhat off to the side and fairly private. The service was really top-notch. The staff were always happy to help with any small request or question. They were also very accommodating to me when I arrived very early for my check-in after a debacle with my flights from the east coast. After several harrowing days of travel, and never having been to New Mexico, I felt immediately restful and relaxed as soon as I arrived at the inn. The staff even gave me a map and some pointers for where to go for lunch. The Guadalupe Inn is in easy walking distance (less than 1 mile I think) to the old part of Santa Fe where most tourists will be spending time. However, it is slightly more off the beaten path compared to some of the other hotels. You can certainly find a place that is slightly closer to attractions, but I don't think you will find a place with as much charm. The Guadalupe Inn will be perfect for you if you like to stay in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: #4 had a very nice balcony, which was somewhat off to the side and fairly private. Other rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank meganbeth5
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This Inn is 15 min walk to the Plaza, it's comfortable, clean and quiet. After a day of visiting, it was nice to discover many restaurants also at walking distance. You can leave your car at the Inn and take a free shuttle right behind the Inn to the Plaza, Canyon Road and other venues. The parking in Santa Fe is hard to find and expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

First of all, I brought up all of my comments with Kay the manager prior to writing this review. We stayed 2 nights in Room #1. Posted office hours are 8 AM - 5 PM. On our 2nd day of our stay, we came back to our room to at 4:30 PM to find our bathroom had not been cleaned. Office manager Kay had already left for the day. We had to contact Bill to get fresh towels (towels were removed and not replaced, essentially we had no towels in our room). Bill provided us with a bathroom cleaning kit and we ended up cleaning the bathroom ourselves!
When I brought up my concerns with Office Manager Kay the next morning, she told me that she had hired a 17 year old housekeeper and this was her first job.
The pros were the gas log fireplace and jacuzzi bathtub in the room. Location is easy walking distance to downtown Santa Fe and covered parking is included.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Caroline D
Dulce, NM
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We loved the Guadalupe Inn!! We wanted to visit Santa Fe at Christmas without coming home broke or having to take out a loan to get back home, and still enjoy the southwest flavor of Santa Fe. The Guadalupe Inn did it! It is authentic Santa Fe, with beautiful beamed ceilings, adobe style walls, lovely tile work and pine furniture. The family is actually local, not a big corporation, or a family who is renting out their second or third home. It was comfortable, VERY quiet and welcoming. They serve a simple continental breakfast, all we needed. It is also in a perfect location - just a couple blocks from several good restaurants and great shops on Guadalupe, and an easy walk to the plaza. THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: The suites were great - whirlpool tubs ( a good substitute for a hot tub), very nice space, and a li...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dulce_NMTurtle
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at the Inn in early Dec. '13. There are maintenance problems with the building. Door was stuffed with a folded magazine to keep cold air out. The second day the thermostat turned off and would not turn back on. The toilet was loose - on and on.
Can deal with toilet, if only problem. But no heat when it is snowing! We asked for a partial refund and we were snubbed. I cannot recommend this poorly built Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends