I'll start with the positives. First, the Pueblo Bonito's location is convenient to the restaurants, shops, and tourist sites of the historic district. You can park your car in the enclosed lot and forget about it -- a real boon, since parking can be a pain otherwise. From the outside, the hotel is very well kept and charming. The owners are friendly and helpful, and they genuinely seem to want to please. The place is well run. Breakfast was fine -- a continental spread of cereals, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, pastries, and your own pot of coffee.
I didn't give the hotel a higher mark because I was not that impressed with my room. (I stayed in the San Juan, no. 4.) Others have described the rooms as charming; maybe they stayed in a better one, I don't know. Personally, I found my room dark and shabby rather than charming. The bathroom was cramped and was in need of an update. It had a patched-up feel about it. I know you don't go to Santa Fe to stay in your room. But I would have liked more incentive to spend time in mine, rather than feeling relief at leaving it.
One reviewer said that he/she didn't feel safe walking back to the hotel at night. I was there by myself, and I can certainly sympathize about the route being a bit dark and deserted. But I don't think it's dangerous.
The Pueblo Bonito is convenient ly located and reasonably priced. But if you're looking for a room where you can kick back and spend a pleasant hour or two every day just hanging out -- and if you're particular about your bathrooms -- you may want to keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely downtown Santa Fe Bed and breakfast. Walk to plaza, shops, galleries, museums, restaurants and historic sites! 1860 built original adobe pueblo-style compound. Three buildings on one acre housing 18 individually decorated and charming adobe guest rooms. Kiva fireplace, private bath and private entrance in all 18 rooms. Breakfast buffet features handmade "Pueblo Tamales" and a wide array of other offerings. Afternoon tea, Wi-fi and parking are complimentary for guests. Affordable. Don't stay in Historic Santa Fe- Experience it at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Pueblo Bonito Hotel Santa Fe