“Would recommend this B & B to anyone.”

Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #8 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas
“Would recommend this B & B to anyone.”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the this Bed and Breakfast.
Herb and Amy were wonderful Innkeepers. Our room was great, and very romantic for a couple. Breakfast was continental with a large selection of food and drink items. From 4 to 6 pm, a tea is held, where snacks, margarita's and wine were served (gratis), and it was also a great way to meet the other guests.

If you are looking for a quiet place and one that is within walking distance (5 to 10 minutes) from the Santa Fe plaza, the Pueblo Bonito is the Inn for you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DallasHolland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Birmingham, Mich
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I was traveling alone, and while I like nice places, I wasn't interested in paying more than $150. After a few calls on a Saturday afternoon, I found this place, and contrary to my usual M.O., I didn't check TripAdvisor first. Had I checked, I would not have taken the chance, and would have gone elsewhere. I guess both the Bonita and I lucked out. The hospitality of the staff was very good, and I got a room upstairs that was clean and roomy -- kitchenette that I didn't need, fireplace that I didn't use, etc. I had a little problem finding the Internet plug -- I didn't understand why they haven't installed WiFi, although I was able to pick up a signal from a neighboring business. I do recall that a couple of the towels in the bathroom were sour -- but not all of them. Come to think of it, had all the towels been sour, it would have totally ruined it for me, because by the time I discovered this, the staff had gone for the night. Anyway, bed linens were clean, windows worked, furnishings were adequate, place had TWO huge closets. No real complaints. If I wanted something really, really nice, I figure I would have had to pay closer to $200. However, given the reviews of others, I would not recommend this to a friend, because I'm not sure a friend would be so lucky. Oh yeah: Food was lame, about what you'd get at a Comfort Inn. With the size of the kitchen, they could/should consider doing a menu with table service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Ballerman
atlanta
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Rooms were very old, floors and furniture dirty, beds and furnishings very tired and in need of replacement - B&B food is a joke - look elsewhere if at all possible.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gbro
santafeinnkeeper, Innkeeper at Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2009
I am concerned regarding this review. I see this reviewer has only reviewed our property- nowhere or nothing else; shows no places traveled; and states they stayed with us in June and are from Atlanta. I have no record of any guest staying with usanytime in June 2009 from Atlanta or the entire state of Georgia. I find this very questionable. I would appreciate the reviewer contacting me directly so I could obtain more information on what you would suggest we improve on furnishings and rooms.
Grayslake, IL
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Based on prior ratings I questioned the staff regarding the 'mold'. Phyllis explained it was possibly left over from the wood burning fireplace. Having lived in NM it made sense. Our room quaint, had no odor, was clean w/o mold. I have allergies and did not have a problem. The continental breakfast was quite large and tastey, as was the afternoon margarita time. We would definitely stay here the next time we return to Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hikerperson
southwest usa
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We prefer to stay at quaint inns (worldwide) when we can, and this place did not dissappoint. The old hacienda feel, thick adobe walls and comfortable furnishings are all one could want in a Santa Fe vacation. I've read the negative comments and am sure those people would have been happier in Motel 6, not appreciating the uniqueness of Pueblo Bonito Inn and Santa Fe. Sorry some of you were not pleased but the Hilton is down the road somewhere. For us, we'll continue to stay and appreciate the specialness of this type of property for what it's meant to be.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vobarton86
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We checked in, then checked out 10 minutes later, gladly forfeiting the night's charge. Do NOT consider this place. We had one of the so-called bigger rooms which was horrible. Strong smell of mold, and my wife is asthmatic . NO comfortable place to sit anywhere...an old dumpy futon and two wooden straight-backed chairs. Tiny little TV. Not even a dresser or a place to put luggage. Spartan beyond compare...a Motel 6 is far more comfortable. We moved to the very luxurious Hotel Santa Fe half a block away for the same price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 1gudriter
Colorado
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband and I stay in Santa Fe 3-4 times a year and decided to stay at Pueblo Bonito because of a friend's recommendation. This friend must not have been there in the last 10 years. This was the worst experience at a B&B I have ever had. I have stayed at B&B's in Europe, New England, Colorado and New Mexico, so have a few to compare it to. The location is great, just a short walk to the Plaza but that is where it ends. The room was dark, musty with dusty old furnishings. The bed was soft and caved in on both sides. The fixtures in the bathroom were old and cracked with mildew. The main house was in a much better state of repair. The worst part was the breakfast. The web site states "A lavish, create your own breakfast". Lavish is not the correct choice of words for frozen waffles, boxed pastries and cereals and reconstituted juices. This would be ok for a cheap motel but not a $160 a night B&B. We decided to go get breakfast elsewhere.

We asked for a late checkout on Monday and got a very curt response that the request would be completely impossible. I believe in letting someone know when you are disappointed in the service so that they can address the issue. The owner was there the day we left and I introduced myself to him. I told him the location was lovely but we were very unhappy with the state of our room and the skimpy breakfast. The reply I received through clenched teeth was, "I'm sorry, Ma'am".

There are plenty of other places to stay in SF for $100 out of season and maybe $120 in season with excellent breakfasts and nice rooms. Just keep reading the reviews. I wish I had read the reviews on this one.

• Liked — location to Plaza
  • Disliked — old and rundown, boxed breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MtntravelerCO