When I made the reservation, Amy was very truthful about some of the potential allergens of the property such as fireplace and age of facility. I decided to try the property because someone recommended it to me.
When we checked in and were shown the room, I smelled a strong fragrance. I asked Amy and she said it was windex used to clean. After she left, we left for the afternoon and when we returned that evening the fragrance permeated the suite. It turned out to be fabric softener that was used on the futon, all bed linens and the towels. It was too late to reach someone on site. An emergency number was available and I should have called but instead I took everything I could find and stuck in the closet then laid my personal blanket on the bed and pillow to sleep on and wore a mask. It was not a good night for allergies.
The next morning Amy was not on site and when I told her assistant that I would need to check out, she said ok but they would still need to charge me. After I requested our linens be washed without fragrance, she said water was too scarce. Fortunately Amy showed up at our suite and released us without charging.
She told us if we let her know far in advance they could wash the linens differently. Not sure how I would know to ask this since I've never encountered it in a place before and she didn't mention it when I told her I had allergies.
Also, smokers can smoke on the grounds and they take over the picnic tables available for guests. They also smelled strongly at breakfast in the tiny dining area. Haven't encountered this before.
Good points of facility - it is in walking distance of downtown and Amy did work with us when available, but didn't comprehend the problem with fragrances in all products.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely downtown Santa Fe Bed and breakfast. Walk to plaza, shops, galleries, museums, restaurants and historic sites! 1860 built original adobe pueblo-style compound. Three buildings on one acre housing 18 individually decorated and charming adobe guest rooms. Kiva fireplace, private bath and private entrance in all 18 rooms. Breakfast buffet features handmade "Pueblo Tamales" and a wide array of other offerings. Afternoon tea, Wi-fi and parking are complimentary for guests. Affordable. Don't stay in Historic Santa Fe- Experience it at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Pueblo Bonito Hotel Santa Fe