My husband and I stay in Santa Fe 3-4 times a year and decided to stay at Pueblo Bonito because of a friend's recommendation. This friend must not have been there in the last 10 years. This was the worst experience at a B&B I have ever had. I have stayed at B&B's in Europe, New England, Colorado and New Mexico, so have a few to compare it to. The location is great, just a short walk to the Plaza but that is where it ends. The room was dark, musty with dusty old furnishings. The bed was soft and caved in on both sides. The fixtures in the bathroom were old and cracked with mildew. The main house was in a much better state of repair. The worst part was the breakfast. The web site states "A lavish, create your own breakfast". Lavish is not the correct choice of words for frozen waffles, boxed pastries and cereals and reconstituted juices. This would be ok for a cheap motel but not a $160 a night B&B. We decided to go get breakfast elsewhere.
We asked for a late checkout on Monday and got a very curt response that the request would be completely impossible. I believe in letting someone know when you are disappointed in the service so that they can address the issue. The owner was there the day we left and I introduced myself to him. I told him the location was lovely but we were very unhappy with the state of our room and the skimpy breakfast. The reply I received through clenched teeth was, "I'm sorry, Ma'am".
There are plenty of other places to stay in SF for $100 out of season and maybe $120 in season with excellent breakfasts and nice rooms. Just keep reading the reviews. I wish I had read the reviews on this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely downtown Santa Fe Bed and breakfast. Walk to plaza, shops, galleries, museums, restaurants and historic sites! 1860 built original adobe pueblo-style compound. Three buildings on one acre housing 18 individually decorated and charming adobe guest rooms. Kiva fireplace, private bath and private entrance in all 18 rooms. Breakfast buffet features handmade "Pueblo Tamales" and a wide array of other offerings. Afternoon tea, Wi-fi and parking are complimentary for guests. Affordable. Don't stay in Historic Santa Fe- Experience it at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Inn at Pueblo Bonito Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Pueblo Bonito Hotel Santa Fe