Santa Fe International Hostel
$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)
$229
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
Inn of the Governo
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$161
$206
$189
$319
$197
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$261
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $311/night.

Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$249
$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went on a Sunday, which I believe is the day they get their food truck shipment from WHOLE FOODS. TONS of free food (5 coolers full!) At first I thought the chore thing was annoying but then I realized they were a non profit and I didn't mind the chores - I got the bathroom (waited until the last minute to pick a card) and it only took me 5 minutes.

There was a great energy in the kitchen with everyone chatting and being social and we had some of the best hot chocolate fondue ever! It wasn't busy so the owners let us take home as much food as we wanted (loads of yogurt and fine cheeses). They were very nice.

Rooms are a little damp and the place is dated but I enjoyed my stay. Old-school hostel. Cash ONLY!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My sister and I asked for 2 spots in a bunkroom, and were weirdly/rudely told that I could not stay there because I was a ‘local’. I am not a local, I had been volunteering at a farm two hours drive away near Cuba, NM, for the past 2 months. I’m from Chicago and have a Oregon licensed car, and it was my first day in Santa Fe, I wanted to see it for 2 nights before I went to volunteer on a farm in Texas. I thought the guy behind the desk was joking, but he kept at it and had someone back up that information, it was super weird. It wouldn't have been as bad if they had told us this when we had visited the place earlier in the afternoon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Calder B
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been staying at this hostel for over 2 years (maybe 30 trips through Santa Fe) and its always been like a home away from home. Nice helpful staff, plenty of yummy free food including artisan breads and cheeses, clean rooms, linen and bath. No the furniture doesn't match and yes you have to make your own bed. Nice courtyard, great kitchen, right on the main drag of Santa fe central to verything and on public transport lines. If a resort hotel IS your destination this aint the place, but if Santa Fe events and sights are your destination and you're looking for a clean safe place with a good bed and DIY meals for a very reasonable price (and interesting other sojourners), stay at the hostel.

Room Tip: upstairs privates are a bit more quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hostel seemed clean enough, the kitchen was fine, the occasional free food was nice, and the rates were OK, but this is just one of those hostels that gave me a bad vibe - the kind of place I didn't look forward to returning to at night. The staff was kind of cliquish, and I rarely ran into guests, so it always felt like I was intruding on their private hangout that just happened to have some guest rooms. The shower in the room I stayed in was really horrible, too - it had a poor showerhead and the water was very cold. This isn't a hostel to avoid, but it's also not one to get excited over.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Albert S
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Santa Fe International Hostel is a Platonic ideal of a certain form of perfection. It is, IMHO Hippy Heaven. The room I stayed in was simple and charming. The bathroom was both Spartan (but the Spartans were cool) and down an exterior hallway, but hey, that's okay. The kitchen is a dream; the courtyard a delight; the owners went out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay; and the staff, comprised of volunteers, are (as a rule) are intrepid, experienced travelers themselves.

Hostels begin in Europe, offering inexpensive, safe, youth-orientated lodging with the hope that travel broadens individual perspectives and benefits societies. Keep that in mind, and much becomes clear.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo