“Very Relaxing Cheerful Atmosphere; Great Time!!!”

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Our stay here was truly one of the most relaxing, restful, Hotel/Motel experiences I have had. The staff was very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The room was great as was the pool, fitness center and jacuzzi. I am looking forward to coming back soon!

9  Thank kcass7
BTRHiltonManager, William Booth, Director of Front Office Operation at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2010

Thank you for your comments, and I am glad that we were able to help you unwind, when you come back you will have to try our Spa.

Reviewed December 31, 2009

This hotel was absolutely awesome. Upon driving up to the front lobby I was greeted with an exceptionally well maintained and decorated entrance. Upon checking in the lobby was exquisite; decorated with beautiful southwestern and Indian artifacts. The lobby floor and overlooked a lovely sunken gathering area, and to the left, a beautiful, large fireplace. The staff were all VERY helpful and friendly. The rooms were absolutely perfect; clean and beautifully decorated. The views from my room as the sun rose over Pojaque were magnificent! The price for the hotel was fair and I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody wishing for a nice northern New Mexico getaway. I am sad that I was not able to spend more time at the hotel to enjoy its other amenities, however I will be back very soon on business travel and will definitely stay at Buffalo Thunder.

10  Thank uh90t02

Thank you for staying with us, and sharing your experience. We look forward to having you back when you have more time to enjoy all of the amenities the resort has to offer.

Reviewed December 31, 2009

The hotel and casino are beautiful, I am looking forward to staying there again in the future.

9  Thank lynngall
BTRHiltonManager, w at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2010

Thank you for your comments, and we cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed December 25, 2009

From the moment we registered at the hotel, we had a marvelous time. The lobbies are beautiful and our room was large and well appointed. The creme brule oatmeal I had for breakfast was the best I've ever had. What an enjoyable experience.

7  Thank ColoradoRoamer
Reviewed December 24, 2009

The Hilton Santa Fe Golf Resort at Buffalo Thunder is an amazing culmination of elegance and culture. The building itself is a wonder with first class design and rich history that invites you at every turn. The rooms are nicely decorated, I do wish the rooms shared the same elegance as the rest of the building. It wasn't that bad, but in my opinion you want to feel like a King and the standard room, like any where else was OK. The front desk staff needs to tweak their customer service, it could have been an off day, but once again customers appreciate the red carpet treatment, especially in a very beautiful establishment.

6  Thank leerev

I apologize for your experience with the Front Desk staff. If you have time I would like to speak with you about this, my direct line is 505-819-2100.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

Excellent and well laid ou resort. Food was excellent and the service outstanding.

7  Thank 2,116
BTRHiltonManager, Director of Front Office Operations at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2009

Thank you for your reveiw, and we look forward to having you back to our resort future.

Reviewed December 3, 2009

Sorry Hilton....you are definitely slipping (sleeping) on this one.
Our first night in New Mexico and we wanted to treat ourselves to a nice hotel. No problem getting in. ..and as most other writers stated, we agree, the lobby is great. Unfortunately, we don't hang out in the Lobby of hotels.
Not being gamblers we thought the Hilton would provide us with the caliber of accommodation we find consistent with the brand. Not so. For a new hotel, it looks nice a first glance. However, it looks used and abused; broken fixtures in bath/dressing area;stains on carpet;curtain rods broken; not as clean as one would expect.
Friday night, we wanted to take a swim but the pool area was dominated with children. We decided to get up early, workout and take a swim. We were the first to arrive in the morning to find the pool filthy; watet murky, wet towels everywhere; a bloody towel near the hot tub which was overflowing with scummy foam. When we reported this to the front desk, the guy didn't seem too concerned and explained that Hilton does not manage the pool area. This is a sub-contracted situtation and he would mention it to Management. Since I found no way to provide my Customer Satisfaction comments, the front desk guy said he would send me an e-mail to allow me to express my concerns. I returned home a week later to find he did not send me anything. So, I'll just make my comments here instead with hope the reader(s) will think twice....go up the road back into Santa Fe and save yourself some serious cash. We are world travelers and know a good value when we see one. This rates as one of the poorest for overall value.

We also found the hotel to be extremely noisy late at night.

The restaurant prices are too high for the below average quality of food offered. Did I mention the cigarette smoke? The Casino's gambling area is downstairs and the smoke tends to rise so it is prevalent in the Lobby and halls. Also, the mini-bar costs are rediculous. Who pays $6.00 for a little bag of M & M's???? I don't care how rich you are...that's just stupid!
Beware....we were charged $12.00 for mini bar items that we did not consume. When we pointed it out at check-out, these were immediately removed from our bill.
Live and learn.....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pnoNorhernMichigan

I would like to apologize that your stay failed to meet both your, and our standards. The concerns that you mentioned regarding the indoor pool area have been addressed, and resolved. We would love to have you back to our resort in the future, if there is anything that I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me.