“Beautiful hotel”

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very friendly and cheerful staff. Comfortable, large rooms. Beautiful decor in room and lobby areas. Too early in the season for the pool area but it looked nice. 15 minute drive to town but worth it if you want wide open spaces. Internet is only free if you have ATT or are a gold member.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a balcony facing front for nice sunset views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 54sunshine
There are newer reviews for Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder

Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful place to stay and relax...then the Hilton in Santa Fe, New Mexico at the Buffalo Thunder Casino and Resort is the place for you...and your family...during the day you may enjoy swimming at the pool, a day of golfing and a very good chance of winning a nice jack-pot at the casino that adjoins the Hilton...The Hilton also has a spa, massages and an exercise facility along with restraunts & bars...then after a long day of fun and relaxation...the excellent room comfort(s) of a nice warm bath and an excellent bed to relax and sleep will meet and exceed your expectations of a grand place to stay...enjoy!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victor R
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great location and excellent views of mountains. Close enough and far enough from downtown Santa Fe. All of the pottery and sculpture displays add to the experiencing the native American Culture. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We enjoy our vacation in Santa FE. It was a good experience. The room was good, Parrot buffet was good. Casino has some new slots machine. Sometimes, to many children were in pool - difficult to use it... Please, send to us your promotion monthly:) We will come back, again. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Azari M
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for a night with friends, we got 3 rooms as my friends got married earlier in the day and we decided to stay over and have the wedding dinner at their restaurant Red Sage. It was a lovely hotel, as I loved the room decor and arrangement. It was a great touch with the indoor and outdoor pool. If you are into casinos, the casino downstairs was great. Enjoyed my short stay here on my inaugural trip to New Mexico and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed staying here...after I got into the room. When my colleges and I originally walked into the hotel section of Buffalo Thunder we didn't know where we were going. It was so big all of us got lost initially. Including the heavy smell of chlorine on the first floor and the 3rd floor for where I stayed at.

The walk TO the room was...a challenge. Its so big that I felt like it was on a trek to find my room...After I made it to the room it was truly amazing. The view was magnificent and the way the sliding door and balcony was were truly a sight to behold.

The bathroom was outstanding and everything else about the place really spoke volumes to me. I would revisit.

I don't remember if there was a breakfast and I really could not find really affordable places to eat I think that was my problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here for two nights on our route 66 road trip. Cant't fault the hotel on cleanliness, lovely comfortable beds, but lacking in a couple of things we found just not right for us. If you are a golfer or just visiting Santa Fe or into Casino, but travelling not too good. Internet was charged at $9.95 per day, unlike all the other hotels we have stayed stayed in since leaving Chicago. Best Western outshine for travellers, with fridges, microwaves, washing facilitie and free internet along with very very friendly staff who go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable. Lessons could be learnt here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple