“Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino”

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tucson,AZ, United States
“Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Beautiful facilities and amenities. Great choice of rooms and rates. All the rooms are sufficiently distant from the casino to avoid the smoke and noise yet close enough to go back and forth. The Junior Suite was wonderful last year and even the regular double this year was very nice and spacious.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Maria V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Turkish first
Lakewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a beautiful property. The art and construction details are fabulous. Large, clean, comfortable rooms. Staff was excellent. Had a nice meal in the buffet and lots of fun in the large, action-packed casino. We'll be back !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gonzo P
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were visiting the Santa Fe area for a couple of days and this is where our exchange company suggested that we stay. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are lovely. We did not go to the casino section of the hotel. Our room was near the spa and indoor pool. The room was very clean and well furnished. It was also. Wry quiet in the area that we stayed. The only thing is that it is about the place is that it is about 13 miles to the plaza area. Other than that it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed a family with 2 children during springbreak and it was a wonderful experience. The room was very spacious,quiet, great pool, nice fitness center and a great breakfast in the restaurant with a lot of choices. I would definitely recommand that hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank KParis73
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a great girls weekend/night with my mom last week. Our room was cute, we had excellent service, and the lobby/hotel is beautiful! I'd like to caution that we went down for breakfast in the restaurant and my pancakes on the buffet were totally stale and gross--- but they had tons of sections and choices to pick other items... just felt like things sat out too long. :/

Overall, super happy with hotel experience, they let us check in early (we gave them no warning, just showed up 2 hours early) and gave us a room with a sunset view when we requested it. It was very nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: Most rooms have standing shower only (we expected it) but we ended up with one that had a tub. You c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SycamoreManor
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed for a business meeting and was knocked out about how beautiful this southwest Spanish Pueblo hotel was. I thought I was stepping back in time. Every detail was perfect from the lobby with beautiful New Mexican tribal artwork to museum quality pots and other tribal items. The hallways were wide and featured a rug with Indian designs. My room was very spacious and comfortable. The furniture looked like it was hand-designed with Indian designs from the headboard to the dresser to the club chair. The bathroom was very nice. I had a private balcony with a nice view. The property is well maintained and the staff is very nice and helpful. The meeting room was very nice and the staff was attentive to our needs. The Red Sage and Mica restaurants served excellent food. The hotel is near the Santa Fe Opera. I can't wait to come back with my wife. The only advice I would give is to get a room like mine away from the elevator. You'll sleep like a baby.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Dale H
Front Royal, VA, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a pueblo business. It is a casino. The hotel is beautiful in art work and building. The food is the worst and the service the worst ever. They couldn't find packages that I needed or my reservation when I arrived. Worst Hilton I have ever visisted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

6 Thank Carol S
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Carol S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was disappointed to read your concerns about the food and service while you were here. I was aware of your concerns, first regarding your breakfast experience in Mica. If you recall, we did address your concerns that morning and you were not charged for this meal. It was also brought to my attention by our Front Desk Staff, that they did their best in attempting to find your reservation. Had you been able to provide a confirmation number or HHonors number, it may have helped us with the search. Regarding the packages that we couldn't find, a tracking number and carrier would have helped us to locate them and we could have let you know that the packages would not arrive at the hotel until the next day.
I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations and want you to know, that our staff members who did their best to assist you, were disappointed as well. I am always available to discuss further, should you want to contact me personally and have left my direct phone number and email address for your convenience. Thank you again for your comments.

Hal Leonard