“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a great girls weekend/night with my mom last week. Our room was cute, we had excellent service, and the lobby/hotel is beautiful! I'd like to caution that we went down for breakfast in the restaurant and my pancakes on the buffet were totally stale and gross--- but they had tons of sections and choices to pick other items... just felt like things sat out too long. :/

Overall, super happy with hotel experience, they let us check in early (we gave them no warning, just showed up 2 hours early) and gave us a room with a sunset view when we requested it. It was very nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: Most rooms have standing shower only (we expected it) but we ended up with one that had a tub. You c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SycamoreManor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed for a business meeting and was knocked out about how beautiful this southwest Spanish Pueblo hotel was. I thought I was stepping back in time. Every detail was perfect from the lobby with beautiful New Mexican tribal artwork to museum quality pots and other tribal items. The hallways were wide and featured a rug with Indian designs. My room was very spacious and comfortable. The furniture looked like it was hand-designed with Indian designs from the headboard to the dresser to the club chair. The bathroom was very nice. I had a private balcony with a nice view. The property is well maintained and the staff is very nice and helpful. The meeting room was very nice and the staff was attentive to our needs. The Red Sage and Mica restaurants served excellent food. The hotel is near the Santa Fe Opera. I can't wait to come back with my wife. The only advice I would give is to get a room like mine away from the elevator. You'll sleep like a baby.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Dale H
Front Royal, VA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a pueblo business. It is a casino. The hotel is beautiful in art work and building. The food is the worst and the service the worst ever. They couldn't find packages that I needed or my reservation when I arrived. Worst Hilton I have ever visisted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

6 Thank Carol S
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Carol S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. I was disappointed to read your concerns about the food and service while you were here. I was aware of your concerns, first regarding your breakfast experience in Mica. If you recall, we did address your concerns that morning and you were not charged for this meal. It was also brought to my attention by our Front Desk Staff, that they did their best in attempting to find your reservation. Had you been able to provide a confirmation number or HHonors number, it may have helped us with the search. Regarding the packages that we couldn't find, a tracking number and carrier would have helped us to locate them and we could have let you know that the packages would not arrive at the hotel until the next day.
I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations and want you to know, that our staff members who did their best to assist you, were disappointed as well. I am always available to discuss further, should you want to contact me personally and have left my direct phone number and email address for your convenience. Thank you again for your comments.

Hal Leonard
(505) 819-2000
hal.leonard@hilton.com
Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This Spring Break we decided to stay close to home since we had two funerals to attend during the same week and had to attend. We chose Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino because we have stayed there before on several occasions. We love how clean the rooms are and how beautiful the hotel is! The artwork, the restaurants, the casino, the pool and the grounds are exceptional. We don't have to go far to enjoy quality and amenities when we visit Buffalo Thunder. We love it there and look forward to our next mini getaway!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Michelle A
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We are HiltonHonor Members so we decided to call the hotel a month in advance and see if they had any specials. Being that they are a big casino and golf resort we thought $109 was a fair rate. Hmmmm.
After reviewing several sites ie: Expedia, Trip Advisor and Hotels.com we noticed the standard room price was available for $79. Called the hotel directly and spoke with a very rude front desk clerk by the name of Anthony. He was not willing to match the lower price as we were within the 24 hour cancellation period...What??? He checked with a manger and firmly stated that the price was $109 I period. We were astounded as the hotel was very quiet and we have been HHonors members for 20 years. Oh well.....
When went we checked in Anthony was at the desk and gave us a curt response of "correct" ever time we asked a question. He didn't comp the wifi, give us free breakfast nor did he give us our standard free bottles of water. Such arrogance and rudeness from a clerk is unacceptable. Later we chatted with Johnny (very nice) and then the manger who decided to give us a room with a fireplace...thanks for the customer service, however breakfast or Free WiFI would have been better.
The good part of this review is that the property is lovely and peaceful. The deck was an added bonus as was the generous walk in shower. The room and amenities comfy. Perhaps a training session on " customer service " would be helpful .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bliss62
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We booked here to spend a few days of the kids spring break around the Santa Fe area. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the historic Plaza district of Santa Fe. I was a little bit concerned with the hotel and casino aspect of the resort, but it was not an issues for our stay. The casino is in the basement level and the restaurants, shops and pools are all on the main level of the hotel. We stayed in a 2 QUEEN BEDS SUPERIOR STE W/FIREPLACE-BALCONY and it was more than enough room for our family of 4. Fireplaces were in both rooms and the suite was decorated in southwest décor. Both rooms had a balcony which looked over the parking lot and the golf course. I didn't expect the course to be open, so I didn't bring my clubs... it looked nice for late winter and the green fees were very reasonable. We had a great time and will likely stay here again on any return trips to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Would recommend Superior suites of Jr. Suites. Ask for rooms that are not above AC units.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JPinMonument
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here for a conference. On the outside, it is a very unique looking, adobe mansion style hotel. True essence of Santa Fe captured here! Inside, there is lots of beautiful Native art. Paintings, sculptures, pottery, etc. This place is huge! Like a city inside. We had to walk down the longest corridor of any hotel I've ever seen to get to the elevators. The room is huge! The bathroom too. There is a bathtub with a shower, and another walk-in shower. The furniture in the room is gorgeous, SW design. Very comfy bed and bedding (my big thing-always most concerned about that because my back will ache if the bed isn't good!) our view wasn't great, and our room didn't have a balcony. I hope to get one next time, facing the mountains. Our friend that is also staying here had a blast golfing here. One thing I didn't like too much, there are several restaurants here. We were told only one was serving lunch at about noon. We went there, and they were using an express menu, only 4 selections on it. Same as late night room service. That was pretty lame I thought. Otherwise, cool place!

• Stayed April 2014