“Best service we have had I the area!”

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We do not drink or gamble but in spite of that our stay at the buffalo thunder was one of best Santa Fe experiences. We can't afford to stay on the plaza in those fancy hotels but I know we are getting the same service, great rooms, wonder bedding, beautiful artwork and only 15 or minutes from the square in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Hotel runs specials during off seasons look for them. We usually pay 100 or less per room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marlene S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family and I decided to spend two nights/Christmas at this hotel as part of a 10 day trip around the Southwest. The hotel had a nice entrance, and lobby area. Our room was a Jr. Suite, which was well appointed and spacious.

I would have given the hotel a higher rating, but the customer service was seriously lacking. I am do not require much in terms of service when it comes to hotels, but the person who checked us in didn't welcome us or smile, just issued our keys without saying anything out of, asking for my id and credit card.

The hot water wasn't working in our room both days we stayed in the hotel. According to the hotel desk, the hot water wasn't working in the wing that we were staying in. Having not had a hot shower in two days and following up with their desk over the past two days, I asked if we could move rooms or use another room's facilities, since ours didn't have hot water. Their response was that I could use the showers in their pool area- a community space. I was pretty insulted, since it wasn't my fault that their hot water/boiler was not working. This is how we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, in a room with no hot water. For a four star hotel, you would think that they would have had better customer service. I will not recommend this hotel- unless you call ahead to make sure they haven't had any boiler problems. They should also give their staff a refresher course in customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has hot water
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia D
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is very pretty. We stayed here because we were going to a concert in the casino area. We paid a higher price for the accommodations since we would not have to leave the hotel. Disappointed that the hotel was 100% NO Smoking, the WIFI cost $9.95 a day and there was no type of breakfast from the hotel in the morning. I would definitely stay somewhere else that could at least offer me one if not all three of these options. The price of the room was too high considering none of these things were offered to us with the price of the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hilton facility with a variety of amenities to enjoy. Need to improve guests services. Check in and Check out: We were told to go park in the back, that valet services were not available, and shuttle service was not available.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Henry M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your January stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to see that you gave us very high ratings in all areas, however disappointed that our Guest Services department did not deliver. I can assure you that we offer Valet Service on a 24/7 basis, so there is absolutely no excuse for our failure to provide this to you.
I hope that you will contact me personally, prior to your next trip up from Albuquerque and I will be happy to provide you with complimentary valet along with upgraded accommodations. I have added my email address and office number below for your convenience.
Thank you again for your comments.
Sincerely

Hal Leonard
hal.leonard@hilton.com
(505) 819-2000

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Beautiful property, super nice & helpful staff. Spacious room and great restaurant selection, the buffet is exceptional! The only thing I didn't like was that I could hear my neighbor coughing all night which means the walls are a bit thin. Other than that it was fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carrie C
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent stay. Love the hotel. There are many hotels that I have been in but Buffalo Thunder is top notch. The service is Wonderful. The food is Excellent. Mmmmmmm Good. If you are ever in Santa Fe, NM this is the place to be.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Everything a five star resort has for a fraction of the price. Close enough to drive back and forth to Sana Fe with better views from your window. Excellent bedding and very clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family