2,506 results
All reviewsred sageiguana cafeparrot buffetcasino floornice casinoindoor poolbeautiful resortturquoise trailnative american artnew mexiconon smokinghilton santa felos alamosfitness centerminute drivebalconyspa
Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you appreciate Native American artwork, beautiful rooms, and sunshine - this place is the right fit. Just south of the resort is the Santa Fe square with artwork & shops as well as Canyon Road - then north is Taos - great location!

Room Tip: Rooms facing East get morning sun, a nice way to wake up on your balcony with a cup of coffee!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth V
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Elizabeth,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder, which you refer to as a "Beautiful Oasis". I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, artwork, and sunshine (we won't take any credit for that).
Please let me know when you plan on returning as I would like to do my best to ensure that you receive an east-facing room for your morning coffee......

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I fell in love with the exterior before I ever turned off the freeway! The architecture is gorgeous from a distance and prettier even closer. Original artwork adorns much of the space starting with the excellent Buffalo Dancer sculpture in front of the hotel. Beautiful inside again with lots of original artwork. My room was spacious, very clean, beautiful furnishings and a great view from the private balcony. I wasn't able to try any of the restaurants except one of the ones in the casino...it was reasonably priced and quite delicious. Overall it was an excellent relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings. The only drawback...no free Wi-Fi unless you go to the business center or sit in the lobby. I paid for service in my room but perhaps due to the location in the mountains reception was horrible. I won't buy service again if/when I stay there again. The staff was pleasant although not overly friendly and upon checkout didn't even ask if I enjoyed my stay. Bring your own snacks...I never found a snack machine, only overpriced shops or in-room snacks, again overpriced. It is a great place...do recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Trickstersawpix
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear IndianSue,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder, that you summarized as "relaxing and beautiful". Your comments on the architecture, artwork, and spacious, very clean room were very much appreciated. I'm sorry that your wireless internet reception was poor, which is something that we are currently working on improving.
Again, thank you for the wonderful comments and that you would recommend our resort to Santa Fe visitors.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Poor Service inattentive staff who were not interested in providing the service expected at a Hilton Hotel. Internet connectibvity was poor and not dependable. The food service was good however. Staff didn't seem to know what was available at the hotel or where to find things. I would not recommend or stay here again. The golf course was good and well kept. The parking was good. I didn't use the valet service. The front desk personell didn't seem to know about food service at restaurants in the Hote.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to share comments on your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that "the food service was good as well as the golf course and parking". I was disturbed however that your experience with our front staff, who weren't well informed on the food service in our restaurants. I can also tell you that your concern on internet connectivity is accurate. We are currently working on this problem with our IT staff and believe that we will soon have this corrected.
I would like to have the opportunity of changing your mind regarding your hesitance in recommending our resort. If you would please contact me personally to further discuss your concerns, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property was very nice. We stayed in a suite which was absolutely huge with a nice view. The place was very clean and the staff was very accomodating. The slots were loose. We left with big wins. This was my first trip to New Mexico and I was stunned by its beauty.

Room Tip: Suites are large and quiet but are a long walk from the elevator. Worth the tradeoff in my opinion.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MacFaminVA

Dear IndianSue,
Thank you for the excellent review on your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder, which you rated as beautiful and relaxing. I was glad to hear that your room not only had a great view, but was spacious and very clean. I also appreciated your comments on one of our restaurants that you found reasonably priced and quite delicious........
Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The resort was great for us. My mom and I took a week long trip to the Santa Fe area and this was perfect for us. 15 minutes outside of Santa Fe, beautiful views and a wonderful resort. The room were spacious and comfy. The hotel decor was really nice. We visited the spa while we were here, and Oh My God it was amazing. The staff at this place was fantastic. They were always happy to help, had great advice and were completely welcoming. My only warning, so to speak, is that if you travel here during the week, there's really only 2 restaurant choices for dinner. Both are good, but it's something you should note.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was perfect for the patio. We could sit out there and enjoy the sun. When the sun moved across the sky and we found ourselves in the shade, we could pull our chairs out further since we were on the ground floor to continue enjoying it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pmulvihi
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Pmulvihi,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the beautiful views, hotel decor and spacious, comfy rooms. Our Spa Manager, Dianna Thomsen was thrilled that you found our Spa......."OMG amazing"! My favorite comment was regarding our staff that you found "fantastic....always happy to help, had great advice and completely welcoming".
I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort on your next visit to Santa Fe.....and seeing that you're from Bloomington....go IU!