2,526 results
All reviews red sage iguana cafe parrot buffet casino floor nice casino indoor pool beautiful resort turquoise trail native american art new mexico non smoking hilton santa fe los alamos fitness center minute drive balcony spa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Poor Service inattentive staff who were not interested in providing the service expected at a Hilton Hotel. Internet connectibvity was poor and not dependable. The food service was good however. Staff didn't seem to know what was available at the hotel or where to find things. I would not recommend or stay here again. The golf course was good and well kept. The parking was good. I didn't use the valet service. The front desk personell didn't seem to know about food service at restaurants in the Hote.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to share comments on your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that "the food service was good as well as the golf course and parking". I was disturbed however that your experience with our front staff, who weren't well informed on the food service in our restaurants. I can also tell you that your concern on internet connectivity is accurate. We are currently working on this problem with our IT staff and believe that we will soon have this corrected.
I would like to have the opportunity of changing your mind regarding your hesitance in recommending our resort. If you would please contact me personally to further discuss your concerns, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property was very nice. We stayed in a suite which was absolutely huge with a nice view. The place was very clean and the staff was very accomodating. The slots were loose. We left with big wins. This was my first trip to New Mexico and I was stunned by its beauty.

Room Tip: Suites are large and quiet but are a long walk from the elevator. Worth the tradeoff in my opinion.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MacFaminVA
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear IndianSue,
Thank you for the excellent review on your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder, which you rated as beautiful and relaxing. I was glad to hear that your room not only had a great view, but was spacious and very clean. I also appreciated your comments on one of our restaurants that you found reasonably priced and quite delicious........
Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor.
All the Best

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The resort was great for us. My mom and I took a week long trip to the Santa Fe area and this was perfect for us. 15 minutes outside of Santa Fe, beautiful views and a wonderful resort. The room were spacious and comfy. The hotel decor was really nice. We visited the spa while we were here, and Oh My God it was amazing. The staff at this place was fantastic. They were always happy to help, had great advice and were completely welcoming. My only warning, so to speak, is that if you travel here during the week, there's really only 2 restaurant choices for dinner. Both are good, but it's something you should note.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was perfect for the patio. We could sit out there and enjoy the sun. When the sun moved across the sky and we found ourselves in the shade, we could pull our chairs out further since we were on the ground floor to continue enjoying it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pmulvihi
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Pmulvihi,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the beautiful views, hotel decor and spacious, comfy rooms. Our Spa Manager, Dianna Thomsen was thrilled that you found our Spa......."OMG amazing"! My favorite comment was regarding our staff that you found "fantastic....always happy to help, had great advice and completely welcoming".
I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort on your next visit to Santa Fe.....and seeing that you're from Bloomington....go IU!
All the Best

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you did not meet their quality standards ($$ & how you looked), you was not treated high quality (friendliness, greeting, out of the way, smile/looked at). Staff in both Restaurants, rude, wait was long, talking in Spanish out-loud and again if you didn't look like a million bucks you did not get treated properly (this you can tell buy when others come in, you see the difference).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Pedro H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way you were treated in two of our restaurants and allow me to do my best to turn this unfortunate situation around.
I would like to ask for your assistance by indentifying the two restaurants where you were poorly treated. As you know, we have seven restaurants in our resort and it would help knowing the ones where you dined, as well as the dates that you were in. This information would be very helpful to me in our training efforts and I would like to be able to compensate you in some way for the problems that you encountered.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton property, with large rooms with a beautiful balcony. My only adjustment was the high altitude. The indoor pool was closed due to weather conditions. A vehichle is needed because the hotel is located in a remote area. I must note upon return from my visit I noticed I was missing a bottle of perfume and a swimming suit wrap. I called the hotel to report the missing items and left and forwarding number hopefully I will receive a return call from housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Highheels_13

Dear Highheels,
Thank you for the outstanding review on your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, despite the need for an altitude adjustment........usually, a lot of water will help ease these effects.
I have checked with our Houskeeping Department on your missing items, who did search the room immediately after your call. Unfortunately, they were unable to locate them at that time and will continue to monitor all lost & found items that are turned in.
Thanks again for the kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.