2,505 results
All reviewsred sageiguana cafeparrot buffetcasino floornice casinoindoor poolbeautiful resortturquoise trailnative american artnew mexiconon smokinghilton santa felos alamosfitness centerminute drivebalconyspa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The resort was great for us. My mom and I took a week long trip to the Santa Fe area and this was perfect for us. 15 minutes outside of Santa Fe, beautiful views and a wonderful resort. The room were spacious and comfy. The hotel decor was really nice. We visited the spa while we were here, and Oh My God it was amazing. The staff at this place was fantastic. They were always happy to help, had great advice and were completely welcoming. My only warning, so to speak, is that if you travel here during the week, there's really only 2 restaurant choices for dinner. Both are good, but it's something you should note.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was perfect for the patio. We could sit out there and enjoy the sun. When the sun moved across the sky and we found ourselves in the shade, we could pull our chairs out further since we were on the ground floor to continue enjoying it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pmulvihi
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Pmulvihi,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the beautiful views, hotel decor and spacious, comfy rooms. Our Spa Manager, Dianna Thomsen was thrilled that you found our Spa......."OMG amazing"! My favorite comment was regarding our staff that you found "fantastic....always happy to help, had great advice and completely welcoming".
I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort on your next visit to Santa Fe.....and seeing that you're from Bloomington....go IU!
All the Best

Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you did not meet their quality standards ($$ & how you looked), you was not treated high quality (friendliness, greeting, out of the way, smile/looked at). Staff in both Restaurants, rude, wait was long, talking in Spanish out-loud and again if you didn't look like a million bucks you did not get treated properly (this you can tell buy when others come in, you see the difference).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Pedro H,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way you were treated in two of our restaurants and allow me to do my best to turn this unfortunate situation around.
I would like to ask for your assistance by indentifying the two restaurants where you were poorly treated. As you know, we have seven restaurants in our resort and it would help knowing the ones where you dined, as well as the dates that you were in. This information would be very helpful to me in our training efforts and I would like to be able to compensate you in some way for the problems that you encountered.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton property, with large rooms with a beautiful balcony. My only adjustment was the high altitude. The indoor pool was closed due to weather conditions. A vehichle is needed because the hotel is located in a remote area. I must note upon return from my visit I noticed I was missing a bottle of perfume and a swimming suit wrap. I called the hotel to report the missing items and left and forwarding number hopefully I will receive a return call from housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Highheels_13
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Highheels,
Thank you for the outstanding review on your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, despite the need for an altitude adjustment........usually, a lot of water will help ease these effects.
I have checked with our Houskeeping Department on your missing items, who did search the room immediately after your call. Unfortunately, they were unable to locate them at that time and will continue to monitor all lost & found items that are turned in.
Thanks again for the kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Usual upscale treatment you would expect from a Hilton property, with better amenities than the closely priced Homestead Suites next door. Like many places in and around Santa Fe, expect quirky. Good sized rooms and many have balconies. However, don't plan on leaving the door open for fresh air overnight unless you want to deal with the overhead light glare since there's no way to switch it off. Don't look for comp breakfast with your stay, or in-room ability to make one (no fridge or microwave), and unless you're a gambler don't count on racking up points very quickly from the casino to use in the restaurants (but some deals are only available to members so visit the players club to see if it's worth your while). We found the long hikes throughout the hotel the most annoying, especially when you're at the far end of a wing and you can practically reach out and touch your vehicle - but still have to enter and exit through the lobby. Since we were able to get our room earlier than the usual check-in (2:00 instead of 4:00), we headed down to the pool. Unfortunately, the outside one was not open and the small inside pool with it's pretty "faucets" was wall to wall with small boisterous children. We didn't notice if there was an "adults only" time but weren't impressed enough to return. You have to enter from separate men/women locker rooms and may have to try a few locks to find one that works. If you want to hang in Santa Fe proper, than you're probably better off staying in a property that's closer and plan to pay more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby to avoid a long hike, the back of the hotel gets the morning light instead of the evening light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CynLu
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear CynLu,
Thank you for rating Hilton Buffalo Thunder, "one of the best outside Santa Fe" as well as mentioning the upscale treatment that you received. You wrote about the lack of a complimentary breakfast and microwave/refrigerator, which are both available at our sister property, Homewood Suites which we operate as well. I was also concerned when I heard about the long walk to the elevators and then to your car, therefore another reason to possibly choose our other property. One of the many great features of our resort is that we have two different hotels, Hilton Buffalo Thunder and Homewood Suites, to best suit the needs of guests coming to Santa Fe.
I hope that you will contact me personally prior to your next visit, as I would enjoy finding the best accommodations, that will meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed May 2, 2013

If your looking for a getaway, this hotel is the place to be with their pool, casino, etc. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is just awesome. Every single detail in the hotel is delightful and the food is pretty good as well. The live music at the casino is cool as you do not really need to leave the hotel to have a good time everything's pretty much there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Paulina T

Dear Paulina,
Thank you for the glowing review of your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was really pleased to read that you found "every single detail in the hotel delightful" and that the staff was awesome!
All of our team members are thrilled that you took the time to share your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Santa Fe.
All the Best