“One of the Best!”

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just thought everything was great. However, I didn't win in the casino, others were winning. I still walked away feeling I got my moneys worth. The buffets were very good for the price also. I am going to make it a routine to go back.

3  Thank pramos10148
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

I want to thank you for listing us as "One of the Best!" in describing your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Sorry to hear that "others were winning in the casino", which may be you on your next visit, however was glad that you "still walked away feeling...you got your money's worth" and that the "buffets were very good". The best part was hearing that you're "going to make it a routine to go back" and we look forward to your next visit.
Thanks again for the positive remarks as well as the 5-bubble rating.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I drove down from Colorado for a three day weekend, whereas we usually go to Nevada for pool time and gambling. The room was beautiful- nice shower, comfortable bed, classy decor, balcony. This was a nice surprise, as we spent more time in the room enjoying a cocktail than anticipated. (I did not know the casino was going to be dry!) Only ate at Mica and Turquoise, but were both quite good. The sports bar had a great ambiance.

Cons: the WORST housekeeping I've ever experienced, anywhere, let alone a nice hotel! We checked in Saturday morning and the previous guest's half-eaten room service dinner was outside our door. It was STILL there on Monday. I had ordered up 2 additional bath towels (to make total of 4) and two bathrobes. When housekeeping finally cleaned the room on Sunday (at 5:00 p.m.!) they took the bathrobes (??) and only replaced two towels. They did not restock any coffee or tea or toiletries, so I discovered mid-shower on Monday I had no shampoo. Finally, the grand staircase in the lobby had a bloody band-aid in the middle for our entire stay.

Other major con: I picked the location for the indoor pool. (Outdoor one looks beautiful, but is closed in February of course). What looks online like a lovely place to read a magazine or bubble in the hot-tub is a zoo of wild children. The hotel really needs to implement an adults only time, i.e. from 10 to midnight. Even at 11:30 p.m. it was full of roughhousing teenagers and screaming young children.

Dear Pool Afficianado,
Thank you for sharing your comments with the readers of TripAdvisor on your recent weekend visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased that you had such great comments on our rooms and that yours was "beautiful-nice shower, comfortable bed, classy decor and balcony". It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants and that "Mica and Turquoise Trail were both quite good" and that " the Sports Bar had a great ambiance".
What disappointed me (as well as our Executive Houskeeper) was the fact that we totally let you down in regards to your housekeeping service. Absolutely no excuse for us not replacing the towels, robes and amenities in your room on a daily basis. I can assure you that this is in no way typical of the service that we take pride in providing our guests. I would appreciate you contacting me directly by phone or email, as I would like to discuss these issues with you personally as soon as possible.
Thank you again for your positive comments as well as your candid remarks on areas where we need to improve.
Sincerely

505-819-2000
hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was in Santa Fe on 1/28/2013, and I must say I love this property the front desk was very friendly. This was my second time coming to Santa Fe for a ski trip and have yet to enjoy myself ski Santa Fe is just twenty minutes away and Taos ski valley was a ill over an hour away, we had dinner in Santa Fe every night and the ten min drive is very easy. The casino is one of the largest in the area and its away from any family friendly activities, so you don't really worry about kids and casino. Truly a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a junior suite is well worth it, for the balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gus S

Dear Gus,
Thank you for taking the time to review your return visit to Santa Fe at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Really great to hear that you "love this property" and that the "front desk staff was very friendly". I was pleased to read that you found the local ski areas so accessible along with the various restaurants in Santa Fe. I look foward to welcoming you back for your Third Visit sometime soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Two big thumbs up to Hal Leonard, General Manager of the Hilton at Buffalo Thunder and his wonderful staff. From the moment we walked through the front door we felt quite at home. No detail of our stay was overlooked. Having spent many a night in Hilton properties, this was a cut above the rest. The beautiful hotel, in the theme of the local Indian pueblo's, though full for the three day weekend, never felt crowded at all. The extensive Indian art on display in the hotel frankly is very beautiful.
Though we don't remember his name (sorry), kudos go to the gentleman making omelettes in the the Painted Parrot Buffet. He was happy every morning, and was proud to say he had been making omelettes for five years. Trust me, he certainly did know how to.....
Though the hotel is a few short miles north of Santa Fe, it is uniquely located close to the Santa Fe Opera, historical Santa Fe, as well as Los Alamos and Taos,

Again, thanks to Hal and his staff for a wonderful weekend....

Jim & Leslie

2  Thank bonnington77

Dear Jim and Leslie,
Thanks for the "big thumbs up" to our "wonderful staff. I was so pleased to hear how much you both enjoyed Hilton Buffalo Thunder over President's Day Weekend. I will also pass along your "kudos to the gentleman making omelettes in Painted Parrot" and I'm thrilled that as a loyal Hilton Honors Diamond member, your first stay with us was so enjoyable. Please make sure to let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Santa Fe.

Hal

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a midweek mini vacation, choosing Buffalo Thunder as it is only an hour away from Albuquerque where we live. The resort is just lovely. Our room had a kiva fireplace & hand carved New Mexican style furniture. The staff is very pleasant here. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and even won enough in the casino to pay for our stay! You can't do better than that!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, which was very quiet and chose a room with a kiva fireplace. It was ver...
1  Thank Aleta H
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Aleta,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your "Thundering Good Time" at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. You must be in advertising, as I love the tag line! Although I can't promise that you'll always "win enough to pay for your stay", I can promise you that our "staff will be pleasant" and that our rooms, pool and spa will continue to be as memorable as you have described.
Thanks again for the Thunderously great review!
Hal

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Upon Arriving at BTR on 02/09/2013, I was greeted by the best FRONT DESK STAFF EVER!!! The Front Desk Clerk allowed us to check in early, which was Nice and I was even given an Upgrade which was Appreciated since My Boyfriend and I were there to celebrate his Birthday. I was pleased to see how well the Front Office Manager, I believe her Name was Dawn Osborn, interacted with her staff. She had a Smile on her face and they were all Very Helpful and willing to accommodate us in any way they could. Ms. Osborn helped me sign up for a Players Card and we were well on our way to a weekend of FUN!!! The room was GORGEOUS and the pillows were like sleeping on a cloud!!! Fireplace, Balcony, more than I expected!!! We were Very Pleased. I was especially Grateful that the front desk clerk was able to find me a Wine Bottle opener, since I had forgotten to place one in our overnight bag. All I can say is that I will DEFINITELY be spending many more weekends at BTR and will recommend my friends and family to visit as well. What a AWESOME Birthday weekend it was!!! Thank you BTR and your WONDERFUL FRONT DESK STAFF, Dawn Osborn, THANK YOU!!!

3  Thank Fel R
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Wow! What a fantastic review of your recent stay at Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Hearing that you were greeted by "THE BEST FRONT DESK EVER!! was music to my ears and I completely agree with your assessment. I should have let Dawn Osborn respond to your praises on she and the staff, however Dawn is way too modest regarding her talents and would have diverted the praise to her teammates. The best part was reading that you "will DEFINITELY be spending many more weekends at BTR" and that you "will recommend to my friends and family to visit as well". Please wish your boyfriend a Belated Happy Birthday from me and we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Mu husband and I decided to take a little get away for the weekend and stay at Buffalo Thunder. This was our first time actually staying and we were very surprised at how great it was. Throughout the weekend we kept asking ourselves, why hadn't we come sooner? The front desk staff was great. They were very friendly in telling us what the hotel had to offer and gave us a very nice room. The room was clean and cozy and the shampoos and soaps were very nice. The coffee in the room was very convenient as we wanted to sleep in and be lazy. The food in Red Sage was delicious and they happy hour menu was perfect for starting our night. Had lots of fun at the casino!! Overall, my husband and I will definetly be back! We want to come in the summer when the outdoor pool is open and he can golf. Truly a great place with wonderfule staff!!!!

3  Thank Monica R

Dear Monica,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Sorry that it took so long for you and your husband to discover our beautiful resort, however glad to hear that you "will definitely be back". I enjoyed reading your comments on our "very friendly" Front Desk Staff, "clean and cozy room" , Red Sage and Happy Hour being "perfect for starting your night". We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back on your next visit to Santa Fe.