Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
$229
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$319
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$244
$219
  • Restaurant
$271
$244
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Inn and Spa at Loretto(Santa Fe)
$269
  • Pool
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
2,416 results
All reviewsred sageiguana cafeparrot buffetcasino floornice casinobeautiful resortindoor poolturquoise trailnative american artnew mexiconon smokinghilton santa felos alamosjunior suitefitness centerminute drivebalcony
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A wonderfull time had at this resort. Took extra care of our small dog. Great place to walk our dog every day. Bell Staff was one of the best in the world. All staff made our stay very nice. Room was very good. Bathroom very clean all the time. Had a fire place in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Room Tip: 5th floor West view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lawrence H
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Lawrence,
Glad to hear that you (and especially your pooch) had such a "wonderful time" at our resort. I have passed along your comments to our Bell Staff that you rated as "one of the best in the world". On behalf of our entire team of professionals, I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Buffalo Thunder on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino is a large, Pueblo-style Hilton located north of Santa Fe. We arrived on a Friday evening and quickly checked in. The large hotel is immaculately clean, from the lobby, to the hallway, to our room. After checking in, and for our two day stay, I rarely saw staff, though we didn’t go out in the common areas of the hotel much.

Our room, decorated in a southwestern theme, was well-appointed had a comfortable king-size bed. It was spotless and felt as though we were the first guests to stay in the room, nothing seemed worn or less than perfect. The hotel was quiet and relaxing – while I saw other guests I never heard them.

Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to use the spa while I was there, if I make it back to Buffalo Thunder I will certainly try to do so. We were there during a heavy snow, so I could only look at the pool/outdoor entertainment area, but it, too, looked quite nice.

The hotel is located north of Santa Fe and, while it is an easy 10 minute drive, it’s not in the thick of the action. If it’s Santa Fe proper you’re there to see you may want to consider staying at another spot. For us, the drive didn’t bother and we enjoyed the scenery. I would definitely stay at Buffalo Thunder again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamie222

Dear Mamie,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on your recent stay at the Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that you were "quickly checked in" and that our hotel was "immaculately clean from the lobby, to the hallway, to your room" and that your "well-appointed room was comfortable and spotless". I have passed along your very positive comments to our Front Desk staff as well as our Housekeeping team. I'm also pleased that the 10 minute drive to downtown Santa Fe, allowed you to enjoy the scenic beauty of northern New Mexico. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Buffalo Thunder on your next visit to this area.
Sincerely

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our experience with this Hilton property and one other has been that every amenity is isn't really an amenity. Buffalo Thunder has been anything but to live up to it's price. Since we have arrived, there have been issues. Initially, we were reserved a King room on the fifth floor. We called the day of arriving and made sure that we could have early check-in. The guy (Drew) at the desk, assured us it was ready. After driving 4 hours we got to the resort well after usual check-in time and we had no room ready. We had to wait, tired, the staff assumed we wanted to gamble and said, we will call your cell number when the room is ready. Took a good 45 minutes and low and behold, room is ready and on a lower floor, with a crappy view.

We are so tired we check in. First off, the vanity curtain falls off on top of me when I try and pull it, The bed is very hard and since (3 days in) we have had many issues. When we pointed these things out, the gracious staff gave us comps for Starbuck's which has limited hours. So, we can't use them. Also, the bar where we have the free drinks isn't opened. Our main issue is that it is a lot of money for a crappy bed, one cup coffee maker, bad housekeeping and no fridge, nor microwave!

Room Tip: Shop around! Less is more, there are better properties in Santa Fe for the money!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank c s
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear CS,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Buffalo Thunder. Please allow me to offer my sincere apologies for your disappointment with our check-in process as well as the firmness of our mattresses. I was also bothered to hear that in our attempt to minimize your inconvenience, our staff offered coupons that were difficult to utilize. I can assure you that your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be addressed during our daily meetings with our Front Office staff.
I would greatly appreciate you contacting me directly, so that I may address your concerns on a personal basis. Thank you again for your comments.
Sincerely

hal.leonard@hilton.com

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We just spent the past weekend at this property and it was all that is advertised and more. We were greeted promptly by the Front Desk and given a room upgrade. My wife used the Spa and was thrilled by the very professional yet personable attendant. Our kids went to the indoor swimming pool on Saturday and it was just perfect as with the cold weather in NM we were able to enjoy our time indoors.
Our Servers were great during the two times we went to the restaurant. One of our children did not feel well so we had to leave prematurely and they gave us club soda to settle their stomach. Very attentive and caring.

Thank you for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tavoluna l

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review your "Birthday Weekend". It was pleasing to read that your experience at Hilton Buffalo Thunder, "was all that is advertised and more"......I have passed along your positive comments to our Front Desk staff, the Spa attendants as well as the "attentive and caring" staff in our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again and creating another "memorable stay" on your next visit to Santa Fe.
All the Best

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have stayed at Buffalo Thunder in the past and had a great time. On our last visit we had quite a bit of issues during breakfast with a server named Ben.

Upon greeting us we recognized that his eyes were bloodshot and his breath smelled like achohal. He was in no condition to be working in front of the public and what made things worse is that he spilled oranage juice all the table and did not apologize or even help to clean it up.

Overall we enjoy the resort, but having this kind of staff to represent a Hilton property is unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny M
Hal L, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Danny,
Thank you for taking the time to review your return visit to Hilton Buffalo Thunder. I was pleased to read that you were a regular visitor to our property and that you've "enjoyed the resort" during these visits. I was disturbed however to read your comments on one of our Mica servers. I can't speak for what you experienced, however can say with confidence, that Ben is one of our best servers and he was recently recognized as one of our "Peak Performers" at a recent luncheon held to reward excellence. I hope that you will be able to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and I can assure you that we will not only meet, but hopefully exceed your expectations.