Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$229
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$244
$219
  • Restaurant
$319
$271
$244
  • Pool
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$131
$95
  • Breakfast included
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
2,416 results
All reviewsred sageiguana cafeparrot buffetcasino floornice casinobeautiful resortindoor poolturquoise trailnative american artnew mexiconon smokinghilton santa felos alamosjunior suitefitness centerminute drivebalcony
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel is fine, except they charge for EVERYTHING. The buffet is the worst food I have ever eaten in my life. We went to bed hungry. if you want to stay there go ahead, but bring your own food or drive somewhere else to eat.

1  Thank bill h
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My girlfriends and I were on a girls trip in New Mexico. We picked the Hilton since they were having summer specials. This hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes outside of Santa Fe. We were a bit disappointed of the location but it was our fault for not doing more research. Overall the property is clean. The outdoor pool is a tad small I think for such a large resort. The pool bar had friendly staff. The resort also has an indoor pool. The workout room has a number of treadmills with personal TVs. Plenty of free weights and machines. The workout room was very clean as well.

The rooms were quiet for being a casino resort. The bathroom was good size. The shower had great water pressure. Room has a nice size TV and a typical desk with chair. Overall the beds were very comfortable as well.

If you leave the resort at night beware parking is very crowded when you return. We had to valet one night as we couldn't find a parking spot on our own.

Front desk staff nice and friendly. Even gave us our money back when the vending machine gave us the wrong soda. Didn't even question us. We told them and they handed us $2 back. Thanks Hilton for allowing your employees to make decisions without duplicate discussions with management.

I will be posting a review on Gabriel's which is less than a minute from this hotel and a great choice if you want to eat somewhere close but not at the hotel. Thanks to the cocierge we found this place and are so glad she recommended it to us. Additionally, she was helpful printing maps and giving us recommendations.

Overall a nice stay and I will keep in mind when I travel in the future. I would love to come back with my husband and try the golf course.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Me9247
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Room was nice, dog stayed free and hotel restaurant was good. My gripe? The hotel mini bar. Opened it one time. Did not touch or move anything inside it. Check out day arrives and we've been charged for mini bar charges every day of our stay. Called down to front desk and they immediately said they would credit, that it was very sensitive to weight. Odd, since the weight could not have changed! Been back two weeks and as of yet, no credit on my Visa. Have called a few numbers and have not as of yet, been able to get a live person to complain to. Never had this happen before in any other Hilton property. Very irritating. But, as I said, other than that, nice stay. Be prepared to burn some gas as most everywhere you will want to eat is a good 20 minute drive away.

4  Thank BUBear80
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The resort is located near Santa Fe and is easily accessed by a four lane highway. Lots of near by attrations, Native American Flea Market, Hot Springs and Spa, old town Santa Fe. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, room was great, the few meals that we ate at the resort were fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I read a lot of reviews and was a bit hesitant to take my children. I'm glad I ignored the bad reviews. We stayed mid-week during summer vacation through Saturday and the poolside was filled with families (note: Sunday afternoons the pool is reserved for booze parties). Everyone was well behaved and parents and children alike all made new friends.

Food and drinks were all reasonably priced for a resort-style setting - especially if you do a little digging around. There is a deli in corner of the casino (sectioned off so children are allowed) where you can buy a Boar's Head meat sandwich or wrap for $4 and get a milkshake for $3. Can't do much better on price at McDonald's. Buffets are okay; plenty of food, but nothing spectacular for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The artwork in the hotel is gorgeous and this is definitely a new establishment (about 3 years old) that is worthy of a 5* rating. My major gripe was with the booking process. I saw on-line specials for $119/night (and as low as $69/night if you join their casino club), but whenever I tried to book directly via the Hilton website I couldn't get the rate. When I called, I was told they were "sold out", yet every website in the world (bookings.com, hotels.com, orbitz, etc.) showed availability so we ended up paying more.

Then, the casino offered a $25 bonus that was heavily advertised. Show up and you learn the promotion ended (even though billboards, etc. still show the promotion).

To add insult, when I tried to add a night I was told the place was again "sold out." I went to the business lounge to use their 10-minutes of free Internet and immediately found availability for $169. When I printed this out and showed the girl at check-in, she happily extended my room keys for an extra night! How can any place treat an Internet shopper better than a current customer? And how could my specific room be available for another night less than 10 minutes after being told the entire hotel was sold out?

Anyway, I won two nights in a row at the casino which I considered a fair trade...

7  Thank withliberty