Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
2,401 results
All reviewsred sageiguana cafeparrot buffetcasino floornice casinobeautiful resortindoor poolturquoise trailnative american artnew mexiconon smokinghilton santa felos alamosjunior suitefitness centerminute drivebalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I love the casino and my wife loves the spa and resort. I visited four of the restaurants and buffets and loved everyone of them. As a diamond member the breakfast coupon for weekdays was awkward and servers didn't really seem familiar with how they worked. The suite was a little smaller than I had expected and they were not able to give me the connecting rooms I had asked for, but there was an emergency and local residents displaced by a forest fire made the hotel "sold out". It is close enough to downtown Santa Fe (15 minute) to visit as often as you want, and far enough away to be very quiet and have an out in the country feel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 4millionmiles
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Fabulous rooms that were spacious and quiet with nice balconies. Room service was slow, painfully slow and the food was, unfortunately, way below average. Spa is excellent but a bit over-priced, but I did have the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi to myself. My wife thought her massage was one of the best she ever had, but mine was not so great. Rooms are very affordable. The kids enjoyed the pool. Nice work out room as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank gbreetz
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We've stayed here a handful of times it a short drive to the downtown square but you get a much nicer room and a casino instead. The price is really good and it sits overlooking the golf course. Good value just don't expect to be close to the square

• Stayed: August 2010
6  Thank SOONERJEREMY
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband surprised me with tickets to see Randy Travis at the Hilton at Buffalo Thunder. With his Diamond status, we were upgraded to a very lovely room. However, when the air conditioner kicked on, the noise was quite loud and annoying. We requested another room and were moved to a one-bedroom suite with two fireplaces. Wow! It was gorgeous with wonderful views. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Dinner and breakfast were good and the concert was great. We didn't do much gambling, but are now receiving offers for great rates from the hotel. Would definitely like to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the air conditioning towers
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TxJenny
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I love nothing more than to go to the Buffalo Thunder, however; they are understaffed in the resturants and bars... Casino resturant terribly understaffed on Monday 7-24 says 35 minute wait with at least 10-15 tables open, bartender rude, hateful and spiteful as we ate at the bar. I feel the workers (mostly reservation residents I encountered) felt we owed them for coming to spend our hard earned cash. I have never encountered this service at a casino resort, will come back and give them another chance, but come on!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple