“Can't wait to stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Vanessie

Inn at Vanessie
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Oklahoma
“Can't wait to stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

This is the first B & B I've liked as there was lots of privacy and we could be served breakfast in our room. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We had been told beforehand we would be moving to a different room after the first night. When we returned from sight-seeing the staff had already moved everything for us--nice surprise as we'd left a bit of a mess. The location is walking distance to most every site we wanted to visit. Comfortable rooms. Especially enjoyed the evening happy hour and home-baked bed-time goodies. As the innkeeper is new she couldn't wait to implement the few minor improvements we suggested.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed in the Galisteo with a comfortable, king-sized bed, fireplace, private patio and decent sized bathroom. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and as previously mentioned, within walking distance to the Plaza. Unfortunately, Santa Fe seemed to be leaning toward the "Epcot" version of itself, and the closer you get to the Plaza, the worse it seems. The Water Street Inn's location escapes the day bus tourist feel. The bathroom could use better lighting, and some counter space, but all-in-all, a very nice B&B and a good value!

Ruidoso, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

Loved everything about the Waterstreet Inn. Walking distance to Old Town, The Vannessie which has upscale dining and entertainment is very close, the accommodations with the Southwest fair are the best, the people made us feel right at home and parking was plentiful!

Southern United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

This B&B was just close enough to walk to the downtown shops, but somewhat out of the way. Clean and well kept, but everytime we came in from our daily activities, our door was left unlocked by maidservice.... Nice breakfast served each morning to our convenience. Friendly wait staff. Would stay closer to downtown next time and be better prepared to enjoy the fabulous restaurants and art shops.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
charlotte, vt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

We arrived after being in the countryside of taos, so we needed to adapt to city life. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our cozy, small room. The breakfast was lovely, especially when we could sit on the sundeck. The happy hour was also lovely, offered in the same space which made for easy connections with the other guests. The place has just been bought and the new owner has some ideas of how to update some features. I would hope for a cleaner hottub area - not very inviting hence not used; swept up common area for the rooms in the back; bars on the windows so we could leave them open and feel safe (though I did open them and took a chance). Whatever the new plans are I hope the rates won't be jacked up too much. We enjoyed our stay and would return!

Jane and Bill
Charlotte, VT

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

This is a lovely place to stay in or to explore . Lovely rooms with patios, good breakfast, happy hour treats, and walking distance to the Plaza. From booking to leaving, service and friendly service is provided.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

I've traveled to Santa Fe many times over the last four years to visit my daughter who has been in college there. Each time I've stayed at a different hotel, including some well known ones. I've never been inclined to return to any of them. I stumbled on the Water Street Inn during my next-to-the-last visit to Santa Fe and decided to book a room there on my next trip to see my daughter graduate. I was delighted with my stay there. The room was beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. Not only did they serve breakfast, they also hosted a wine and appetizer happy hour and left baked goodies in the room at night. I regret that I did not find the Water Street Inn sooner. Now that my daughter has graduated, I won't be needing to go to Santa Fe that frequently anymore. But then again, maybe I'll return just so I can stay at the Water Street Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple