“Lovely spot for a get away, or seeing Santa Fe”
Review of Inn at Vanessie

Inn at Vanessie
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are locals but booked a night because we were seeing a concert in Santa Fe and did not want to have to drive home. What a charming place. We had room 8 and it had a huge 4 poster bed, and a real fireplace. Parking is included. You can arrive and not drive, as the Inn is only a few blocks from The Plaza (the center of Santa Fe). Breakfast is included. While not huge, what is offered is very good and quite adequate. Would not hesitate to recommend this Inn.

There is a hot tub but we did not use it. There is not a fitness room or pool. The bed was very comfortable, with excellent linens.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 8, 2012

loved this little inn. my husband, dog and I recently stayed here. We had the most enjoyable experience. We were only going to stay two nights but extended it to four nights. the room was lovely with our own fireplace and little courtyard. the staff was incredibly nice. They even lent us a personal copy of the sierra clubs book for day hikes in the area. We will stay there again next time we are in the area. highly reccommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monique D
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with our stay at the Inn at Vanessie, and we recommend it sincerely to any discriminating travelers. Our room appointments were better than expected and the staff deserves special compliments for their prompt service and cheerful demeanor.

I wanted to see the west, so I planned a road-trip that would take us across Texas and into New Mexico. My wife and I agreed to stay three days in Santa Fe. We boiled down our choice of lodging to the Inn at Loretto, La Posada, and Inn at Vanessie. We chose the Inn at Vanessie because it looked like it would offer what we wanted at a good price, but I confess that I was a bit hestitant and feared that it might not offer what I wanted in our stay.

Fortunately, from booking reservations to the end of our stay, it was more than expected. I wish to communicate to the reader that I was highly pleased regarding my choice. Every one of the staff was a joy: they were accommodating and helpful in every way they could be. It's very nice to see personable staff. I can't lavish enough praise on the care that they took in their duties.

My wife and I were so happy with this establishment that we wanted to stay an extra day beyond what we had planned, and because the room in which we had stayed for the past three days had already been reserved for another guest at the time, we were moved to a different room. After staying in two different rooms, I recommend that anyone wishing to stay in Santa Fe consider the Inn at Vanessie. The totality of our stay was a great experience.

The Inn is located in a great vantage point between the Rail Yard shopping/restaurant area and the downtown area. Both are within easy walking distance. I was more than pleased with the room that I reserved and the subsequent one. The staff was excellent; they deserve sincere compliments. All in all, the Inn at Vanessie was a great choice. I highly recommend it. They also have a fantastic piano bar and great restaurant.

Room Tip: The Big Tesuque is an awesome room: the pictures don't do it justice. Room number seven is great...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Thank you for your generous hospitality.

You made my stay very inviting, especially traveling with my dog
Rudi. Your Inn is very pet friendly, the restaurant and bar area were great, especially for
a woman traveling alone....I could just pop out my door and have a wonderful dinner,
walk to the Lensic for the performance, and come back for more music and
a glass or (two) of wine; which provided a nice wind down from a busy day of
traveling to Santa Fe.

Thank you for providing me with such a generous breakfast, which
lasted me till I got home at 800 pm last night..of course supplemented with a
latte or two for more pep.

I appreciate the flexibility you afforded me at check out seeing my car
repair issue...it took away the added stress from the dealership.

I come up to Santa Fe a few times a year and you can bet you will be my
Inn of choice from now on. As you can imagine I have stayed many different
places over the years...

Room Tip: Stayed in the Atallaya Suite, seperate brick enclosed patio, perfect for my dog's bed and bowl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hoofpacker
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We are locals, but had out of town guests who we wanted to show the best of NM to, and we have no regrets in choosing the Inn at Vanessie for our stay in Santa Fe. The location was wonderful, just being 3.5 blocks off of the Plaza, with numerous great restaurants, shops, galleries, and bars between Vanessie and the Plaza as well. The staff was very friendly as were the owners who happened to be in town and at the Inn the night that we were there. They were also very accommodating to our large but old Labrador retriever who was traveling with us.

We enjoyed having drinks at the bar but were not really into the "piano bar" scene that starts up in the early evening. The entertainer, Doug Montgomery, is a very good musician, but the music and clientele were mostly of a generation older than us (and we ranged from 52 to 62). We found some blues up on the Plaza that were much more to our taste.

We definitely will recommend this place to friends, however, and will go back the next time we stay in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that look out on the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My sister and I spent two nights in the Galisteo room at the Inn at Vanessie, and loved every minute of our stay. From the warm greetings of the reception people, to the great hot breakfast served in Vanessie's dining room each morning, to the beautifully appointed room, we couldn't have asked for more! However, having Doug Montgomery as our entertainment both evenings was absolutely the best finishing touch one could hope for! We have always stayed at hotels in Santa Fe, but no longer... The Inn at Vanessie will be our "go to" place!!! Hideko, Jeff and the rest of the staff seem to want only to please their guests, and we were definitely pleased! Do try this lovingly remodeled Inn close to everything, yet far from the madding crowds!

Room Tip: Since we wanted two separate beds, we chose a room with a large bed and a banco bed... I was afraid...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pianopro
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This must be under new management. This was highly recommended to me. Our outside light was out even after mentioning it (hard to see where to put the key). No hot water the second morning. This apparently happened to others, too. The woman who wrote out our coupons didn't get the dates right. A maintenance person looked over the shutters into my room and then attempted to open the door. At least he apologized.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jan B
vanessie, General Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

I am truly sorry for your bad experience. We do try very hard to respond to each request and comment from our guest promptly and wish you would brought to our attention then to fix the situation. If you would, please give us another opportunity and make up to you some how. Best Regards, Hideko Amasaki - GM