“Absolute Perfection!”
Review of AdobeStar Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
AdobeStar Inn
Ranked #30 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed January 19, 2006

We have been to Santa Fe many times during every season. We've stayed at most of the Inns of Distinction. We heard the Spencer House was under new management, which made us a bit apprehensive. We were more than pleasantly surprised. The new owner Dave is the best host, chef, manager and tour guide we've ever known. We will definately be back.

• Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed November 5, 2005

Booked a room because of location; it is less than a five minute walk to Plaza. I actually stayed there two weekends over a two month period, so had some time to formulate a review. New owner and manager who is very nice. I got the feeling that some kinks were being worked out due to that fact, and I would venture to guess my only gripes may be worked out over time. That said, I was a little disappointed. I stayed in the English Room, which is sunny, bright and small. It is however right behind the kitchen, so at 7am or so, you hear all the kitchen noise. It is also on the side of the house with the driveway, which is a lot of noise with the gravel, including the owners/managers who arrive every morning or whenever to get the day started. The windows don't all have screens, and don't all open. It was pretty hot and stuffy when we were there in Aug. I noticed little things, like we had two complimentary bottle of water in our room upon arrival the first time, but not the second. The towels were not fresh everyday. THe bottle of complementary lotion had been opened and used before we got there, and not replaced. (nor was it replaced during the stay). The blowdryer would not work in one of the outlets in the bathroom, and was not fixed between our visits.(And I mentioned that it didn't work!) The denim comforter cover was a little dirty. I called two days in advance (like the website asks you to) to arrange for an early check-in at noon. I was told "no problem". I got there at 2pm, (two hours later than I said I would!!) and the door was locked and no check-in envelope. We walked around the house, and found an open door. We were greeted warmly by the owner, but told that our room was not ready.(it was still being cleaned) So, we put our luggage in the room and went exploring. No big deal, but not what I expected. We could not attend breakfast because of our schedule, and the owner was very kind and gave us fresh fruit to take with us one morning. Checking in and out was simple, and I was called back promptly when I attempted to make a reservation. I would stay there again if I was in a pinch, but not otherwise.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Augusta, GA
Reviewed October 20, 2005

The Spencer House is well located and pleasant. The new owner is however a bit green in management. Management is not always available on site. Confusion surrounded our arrival and self check-in, leading to a two-hour wait for the owner to arrive and get us into the reserved room. The room was comfortable. Towel service was uneven, the only day we had two washcloths was on our arrival. Again, management was not around to take care of this small inconvenience of no washcloths. The owner is friendly and pleasant. I hope that with experience things will run more smoothly.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank CWOK
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 5, 2005

I thought the Spencer house was an excellent place for a weekend getaway. I think we had the smallest room in the house -- but it was tastefully decorated and quite clean. The breakfast (chili rellenos casserole) was spicy but yummy if you like spicy food (I went back for seconds). We were in Santa Fe during Spanish Market weekend (not purposefully) and incidentally I thought the market was expensive and a bit overrated (lots of the same stuff, and much of it related to American Indian culture -- not of much use for me!) But back to the B&B -- the host (David, I think) was great, even allowed us to keep our car parked on site while we shopped the day we checked out. The proximity to everything in Santa Fe was nice, as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2005
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Great hospitality, great breakfast, great iced tea and cookies!
The innkeepers actually take the time to sit down at breakfast and give great advice on your day and great recco's for shopping and restaurants. They are more knowledgeable about Santa Fe than the tour guides we paid money to be with.

The hospitality is friendly to the point that you actually feel like family when you leave. Very attentive, upbeat, happy and professional. I highly reccomend the Spencer House B&B inn!

Jan

#24 of 60 in Santa Fe
Casa Del Toro Bed & Breakfast
Otra Vez
#2 of 2 in Pojoaque

Been to AdobeStar Inn? Share your experiences!