“Well Maintained, Well Run KOA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Santa Fe KOA Cabins and Campground
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I only stayed a night here in our travel trailer but wish we had more time to stay longer. The owners checked us in quickly and efficiently plus they let us know all the local attractions. We were shown to our site. The park is very neat and well kept.

The washrooms are amazing. Exceptionally clean with new fixtures. The cleanest I've seen on a 3 month trip. You can tell the owners take great pride in their business.

I would rate this RV park excellent if the sites were hard surfaced. I've yet to see a RV park in New Mexico, Utah or Arizona with hard surfaced sites and I guess I am getting 'dusted out'. It has been very dry in the southwest US and dust is everywhere. Hard surfacing the sites would help although this park is better than many.

Good job Santa Fe KOA!

Room Tip: Only 10 miles from downtown Santa Fe this is a good choice if you have a RV!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent 2 days at this KOA when we were staying in the Santa Fe area. the staff was very pleasant and the KOA is only about 15 minutes from downtown Santa Fe. The sites are gravel and very level. They have a very nice dog run. A bar b que area for cooking outside near the office. The price was reasonable for the area. The staff gave us excellent advise on what to see and how to get around.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Everything was nice. Family and pet friendly. Staff wonderful and helpful. Amenities great, bathrooms clean. We stayed in a cabin and found it comfortable and pet friendly. Wished we weren't so close to the highway, would be the only downside. We'd definitely recommend it as we'll as stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Travelling around the US is one of our great hobbies, and whenever possible, we stay at a KOA Kabin. We have visited quite a few, so far, and are normally quite happy with them. At this KOA, however, we were very happy, and there were several reasons for that. The showers and restrooms were constantly spotless, the cabin itself was nice and clean, but, most importantly of all, the staff members were very very friendly. They actually seemed to be having a good time while working, and each and everyone of them smiled and waved, asked how things were, etc.

As we were not interested in watching tv and did not particularly need the other extras which the renovated cabins had, we had one of the 'original' cabins, and were very much satisfied.

Of course, Santa Fe is not within walking distance, of course, you hear some road noise, but you can expect that by looking at the map. This didn't disturb us at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Like many RV parks, one's experience here depends highly on which site you're in. We were in a site with little shade, and the fifth wheel next to us was so close I could have leaned our the window and touched it. However, there are some excellent sites here, that are roomy, shady, and separated from the neighbors by heavy vegetation; it just happened that none of those were available on our dates. We had no problems connecting to and using Wi-Fi, and our cell phones worked fine. Also, even though the heart of Santa Fe (the plaza) is about 12 miles away, there are at least three excellent restaurants within a few miles, all on Old Las Vegas, the same street the KOA is on: Bobcat Bite (best green chile cheeseburger I've ever had) is about 5 miles away; Cafe Fina is about 4 miles away; and Harry's Roadhouse is about 7 miles away. Park is well run and well managed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RussIngr
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Let me start off by saying for hard sided RV's this is an excellent campground. The grounds are very nice, decent shade for New Mexico, bathrooms some of the cleanest I've seen although shower water pressure very low. It had a nice outdoor sink to wash any dishes, staff very nice and helpful. Now listen up pop up's and tent people, we could not sleep for the 2 nights we camped here. We had a ton of highway noise on the front side and on the back side of the campground a neighborhood that apparently people felt the need to leave their dogs out all night long to bark. The 2nd night, we got smart and found a old radio/alarm clock in our pop up and tried to find a station to try to fall asleep to music in hopes that it would block out the traffic and dog barking noise. It worked to a certain extent but it was all so distracting. We would not stay here again for these reasons as long as we own a pop up.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mudballer
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I travel around the country in our fith wheel and work. We stay at a lot of RV parks and KOA's.We were about 15 miles from our jobsite when we stoped at a light our truck a F-350 dyed at a light. We had to get towed! We wanted a KOA and the towe truck driver took us to this KOA when we pulled up there was someone to help us right away. If it wouldnt have been for the owner who took my husbent to his jobside and waited for him to check in so they would know the status of our situation and then stoped by the store so we would have food for the next few days things would have been grim. we stayed for 5 days. In the end we had purchesed a new truck and I was very thankful for how friendly and helpful the owners and the staff were that I would recomend it everyone. These are new owners and they are working very hard to make the place as nice and as clean for peope to enjoy there stay I say give them a try I was delighted to see how helpful all the staff were. I would like to say to them thank you for all you help!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business