Santa Fe Motel & Inn
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$159
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$141
$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$135
$118
Hilton.com
$179
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
$223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
  • Restaurant
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Travelocity
All reviewsoatmealyoga matchili pepperswithin walking distancefarmers marketmexican tiletortillasrail yardfresh fruitshort walkan easy walkprivate patiothe breakfast arearailyard districtnice breakfasttwo queen bedshot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2007

This hotel has nicely furnished rooms, quiet, spacious and well arranged. It also offers comfy beds, cable (with poor reception), free parking, a fine location (walking distance from the Plaza) and very reasonable rates for Santa Fe. It has some nice touches, like the little chile peppers here and there in the room. In the room you also find snacks and water-they are not included in your rate, and the water is superfluous (tap water is fine), but if you get the munchies when it's late it's nice not to have to get out. There is no in-room service.
This place has 2 big problems. One is a pet peeve of mine: we pick a hotel because it advertises wireless Internet service, and then once we are there we find out that it has none (and staff is generally clueless about why it's advertised or why it doesn't work). This has happened to me 3 times this year, and it's getting on my nerves, so I decided to just knock a star off for this reason.
The second problem has to do with breakfast. Included in the rate is a hot breakfast, which is good. You get a 30 minute slot, during which you are supposed to help yourself in very cramped locales in which one is always on the point of bumping into someone else and spilling on, or being spilled upon. Not a nice way to start the morning, especially if you are on vacation and would like to linger over breakfast. Since the slots are limited, you may want to have breakfast between 8 and 8.30 and you may be told "sorry we are full." I guess if you overstay your slot they tell you to leave-no one was told to leave while we were there.
The tables in the otherwise lovely patio are extremely unstable and have an uneven surface. I put my coffee mug down, and ended up spilling hot coffee on my spouse's feet. Fortunately most of it ended up on the floor, but he could have gotten burned. Unless this place is waiting for a repeat of the famous "McDonald spilled hot coffee" lawsuit, it'd better rethink its breakfast arrangements. Meanwhile we will stay somewhere else when in Santa Fe. Too bad, for an otherwise fine lodging.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
17  Thank gunnercade
Reviewed June 4, 2007

Our daughters met us in Santa Fe in the middle of a road trip. Our hotel was booked so the desk clerk called over here. Not only did they give my girls a great rate, but they treated them like family. The rooms were small but very efficient. There was a small kitchen and sitting area for those who wanted it. Breakfast was included with eggs made to order and organic oatmeal that was delicious my daughter said. The breakfast area was small so you had to let them know the approximate time you though you wanted to eat. The beds were comfortable and the motel was very clean. You could walk from there to the sites, although it was a long walk. We would stay there if we returned again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2007

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a nice property and the location is good as well. The people working at the property are friendly. The breakfast was delicious and coffee awesome. We had a room with two queen beds and a mini kitchen. The room was too small for the three of us (hubby, my son & I). The mini kitchen although adequate, we never used and I wished I hadn't payed extra for it. The room was clean. The bathroom was small and aging.
The TV did not work well, the reception was very poor. When I asked the front desk about this, they told me someone was possibly working on the lines in the area. Well, they would have been working on them around the clock as the TV reception was always bad. They never offered to come look at it to see if it could be fixed. The lock on our door did not work well and we experiened difficulty in locking our door. We mentioned this when we left, so hopefully they fixed this. This property is about a 15 min walk to the square. Would we stay there again? If it was just the two of us, probably, but not with three of us. We barely had anywhere to put all our luggage. We payed approx $130 a night so I guess this is pretty good for Santa Fe, although I would probably pay a little more and stay on the square or a little less and drive in to the square next time.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank dsg560
Reviewed May 13, 2007

It was a girl’s weekend in Santa Fe and we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the square. I read a review on Trip Advisor and from the description booked rooms in the motel right away. We were not disappointed. The hotel is 5 blocks from the square
and is a 15 minute walk. This was advantageous because parking on the square is horrible and costly. The rooms were clean and bright and each of the three rooms we all stayed in had a different color. There was wi-fi and a coffee maker. The shower was small and a bit dated.

The room also came with a brunch and every morning we enjoyed talking
with new guests and the kitchen staff. Breakfast included choices of eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, OJ, and coffee. There was an outdoor fire place that was lit and was nice to sit by and chat.

We toured the one of the four rooms in the Inn portion. The one which
we viewed was a small adobe one room suite. It had tiled floors with south western design. The room was larger than the motel room and had a small seating area outside. I think there was a small fridge as well.

Overall, the people who worked there are nice people and had great restaurant recommendations. They were very accommodating. I forgot to
mention, when we came in late, the person at the desk went to our rooms to turn on the heater. Nice touch!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank RocketAlameda
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We stayed here for two nights on April 18th & 19th, Two couples. Our rooms were #1 & #7 very nice. both rooms would have worked very well for a longer stay. Both rooms have small kitchenette's that are well equipped to prepare snacks and light meals if so desired. The grounds are very nice and the breakfast was great, although the seating area inside is a bit small they also have wonderful outside seating with a Kiva fireplace. the check in went well and the desk person was helpful. I think this place was a good value for the location our rate was $136.40 per night, We will stay here again on our next visit to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends